Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk [Meta] I wish that more people used this forum

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:22:25 )
Hi. I don't wish for more people to be in pain, or anxious but I know that life can be hard. This is a good place to get support.
I wish that more people would post about interesting or thought provoking questions that people can think about and then write out their opinion.
I wish that more people would post news articles and share them with us.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:23:05 )
Let me and others know, what would you like to see in this forum? Are you worried about posting here? Do you forget about this forum?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:27:10 )

You know I am not worried about posting here.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:42:29 )

I think a big factor is the fact that serious stuff tends to be depressing lately - we live in depressing times after all. I will make more of an effort to post in this subforum more!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:47:14 )
@sunny: you make a really good point. I will see what I can post here that’s not depressing. ^^

@SirLionelNigelConrad: yeah I know that not everyone wants serious. But I also see people that say they want something more than light chatting or small talk. So wouldn’t this be the place?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 22:47:36 )
@vengeance: I know I can always count on you.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 01:25:44 )

Since 1103 posts.

Not really worried about posting in here, but when I'm home and on voltra I try to relax so I tend to be in general or I'll visit undercurrent. There has been some 'serious' things happening where I'm from but I didn't really think about posting it (not that I don't want to). I'll definitely consider posting here more, its nice to challenge ways of thinking. This forum also deserves more love ^^.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 01:36:39 )
I mostly don't really post here because I'm not very good with structuring my sentences and stuff for good arguments. I'd just end up making a fool of myself lol. I'm just not made for debates or anything. I'll chime in if I think I can add something though.

I do wish more people would open up a bit about their emotions. I think a lot of people would relate to topics like that. ^^ I remember this one topic someone made, and so many people came out about their experiences. That was really cool to see.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 01:42:05 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I just never have a lot of things to really share in this forum. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 01:55:59 )

A lot of topics just get ignored, or generally not get a lot of answers. And anything involving opinions seems doomed to be an echo chamber because no one likes to discuss things. You either agree with everyone or you get shut out. I have seen very few, if any, open-ended discussion threads here, which discourages me from posting any, myself. I don't like opening up about personal issues and things happening in my life only to be ignored, so when I do feel like venting about something I usually just post in one of the existing vent threads where it will be ignored on principle.
sometimes I just don't know what the point of posting serious topics is, I guess. No one seems to appreciate them.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 08:15:36 )
@Alexis: thank you for the input. ^^

@Bioshock: I feel that. There are times when I’m too tired and the brain fog too thiccc

@Shark: I’m horrible at debating. Thoughts are in my mind but often I don’t know how to properly put them into words and then when I do people that act in bad faith use my words against me and I don’t know how to respond.
I do love it when people can share experiences with others.

@MoodyBats: hey sometimes I don’t post in here for months so no judgment there. ^^;

@Uncledaddy: I’m sorry that in the past you where ignored. I always try to post something if I can. I can’t related to all situations though. ^^;

And I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that replied to this thread. I loved seeing your different view points and feedback.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 08:17:14 )
@Hazer: that’s a good point and thank you for the feedback. I will try better to be the change I want to see in this forum.

@koneko: to me those are good topics. I just never know what kind of questions to ask.

And as I said above thank you to everyone that replied to this thread. I loved seeing your different view points and feedback.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 08:39:10 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I have no problems posting on here or listening to other people’s problems, but I get why people would avoid this place. There’s so much depressing stuff going on every day around the world that people want a break from it. I get mad depressed just from lurking on reddit’s news page for a couple of minutes. We should have a forum for positivity to negate all the feels from this forum.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 21:28:23 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Taffy: im not a sharing type of person really.
So I only really share my art on here and that's it.
I never really go in depth about my feelings as I bottle that stuff up lol.
Not good but eh.

I don't really share my feelings or opinions on serious topics
as it can weigh heavy on my mind or cause my mental illnesses just to act up.
So I just...share art.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 06:32:40 )
@Tsundererra: Yeah I understand. The Amazon fire has me really upset.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 07:45:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Taffy: It’s sad that they didn’t immediately report it either. ): There’s also rumors that the fires were created on purpose by the Brazilian government...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 09:16:58 )
@Tsundererra: I would believe that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/25 09:18:39 )
@Lilypoo: I’m glad that you responded. I’m happy to see everyone’s thoughts on the matter.
You have to make sure you are able to care for yourself before you can help others. Even if you only help one person that is still better than helping none.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.