Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat my manager sent me home

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 13:46:47 )

》::: ✿・`.*
(Btw ive only ever had these issues in food businesses. My other jobs loved me)

Manager A never works with me and when she does she's never really working with me, shes usually on a diff posistion. When she does though, she criticizes everything I do. Whatever, you're my boss. The thing is, all the higher managers and everyone else loves me and haven't addressed that I am doing anything wrong (usually manager A is nitpicking anyway).
So I open like I have been for two months straight. Every little thing I do is wrong to manager A. She makes me do a catering order instead of doing it like every single manager ive worker with. I have to OPEN LINE. Extremely important part of the day and I have an insane amount of things I do. I dont need to make 25 sandwiches in the middle of this. I burnt the absolute hell ouu of my hand so thats still in pain as im angrily typing rn lmfao. Oh and on the note of things I dont do? Our other openers always help eachother with things and I was literally told not to worry about using the huge oven thing we have to bake things. Ive never used it, the girl who usually opens with me tells me she's got it and don't worry (my other manager said the same). This bitch is like "how long have you worked here? You cant do that?" damn well last time i ask you a question.
THEN we have rude customers complaining about their coffee taking too long even though they came in a MINUTE after we opened. Literally anyone who they saw "um wheres our coffee" idk man thats not my job but ill go try to figure it out oh yeah manager a has it shes making it right now sorry. she made it wrong and i for some reason got shit for it when he brings it back and complains.
Then she asks whats going on while im wrapping the catering order THAT SHE MADE ME DO? I get irritated, said some passive aggressive things and she just sends me home. Yeah, okay maybe I should've held my tongue, but it wasn't insulting or anything. Just me saying that I am irritated and Im about to look for another job (honestly i usually say this as a joke when things are going badly and I forgot she doesnt work with me so she took it super literal).
Idk im frustrated af. If im doing things wrong and i was trained wrong for two entire months by managers higher up than you, whatever. Shes a very by the book person and that's respectable but the way I have been taught by every other manager and co worker bends those rules to fit our store and we all work together and help eachother. I shouldn't feel like im being chastised every time i do anything. I honestly am fine working there and usually have pretty great days, and my scheduele+pay is pretty good, plus the location. So i hope I dont get fired for having a tiny attitude? I just seriously get so defeated whenever someone keeps putting me down when im genuinely trying. Ive had other ppl say im an awesome worker and im better than ppl who have been there a year while ive been there two months. Its not that i hate being told what to do, its when im being told im doing things wrong when honestly.. its irrelevant shit. No other manager cares about these things unless of course its an audit day. Ive literally seen them roll their eyes at manager A numerous times bc of the pointless criticism she gives to every worker there. I mean for gods sake we're fast food not a high class restaurant.
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 13:59:34 )

Also there are kids who work mid to night shift and they're extremely lazy and dramatic and always on their phones.. ive never heard of them being sent home. They've all done shit worth being fired over.. arguing and insulting eachother or playing with knives etc. I get my hours taken from me while they get a slap on the wrist.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 14:39:51 )

Stand up for yourself in these positions.
If I were you, I would write a letter to an upper manager,ent complaining about the hostile environment.

It doesn’t matter how long someone has worked somewhere, if your doing something wrong it’s the job of the people above you to SHOW you how it’s done properly, not freak out over it.

Where do you work?? Give me the name of that manager I WILL CALL AMD COMPLAIN BOUT THAT BTCH

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 14:49:11 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: shits so stressful smh

@bum: yeah ;o; it's sucky but its a relatively good job for me rn

@Peachy: if i get fired or hrs taken away I probably will tbh.
Yeah like idc if im nicely shown like "hey this is how you do this". Its just frustrating because she has a little bit of an attitude every time she has to.. and on top of that the other managers tell me differently and they're above her. I mean, when im belittled for not knowing how to do something then im not gonna go ask again lmao??
Lmao i work at Panera. Not really too awful as far as the actual job goes. Insane how yesterday we were short on people yet we ran a smoother shift than than most because we all communicated and helped eachother. That didn't happen today and they've f***ed themselves. Im not sure how sending me home fixes anything? Pretty sure they're probably worse off now

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 15:16:37 )

@milkdaddy: I hate when people hang your job over your head like that’s suppose to make you act better or do your job better??????
Have you brought this particular manager up to the others? Is there anything they can do about her?

I find if you like the people you work with it can go pretty smoothly, me and my coworkers LOVE when our dept. manager is gone for the weekend, everything goes sooooooooooo smooth

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 15:43:22 )
@milkdaddy: ugh I’m so sorry that happened to you! I literally only worked food service jobs before I started my career and every single one of them had managers that didn’t communicate or contradicted each other on policies and methods. It was awful.

A word of caution though- I have a friend that manages a lot of people and if any employee says that they quit or something related - even jokingly- he’ll say “I accept your resignation. You can turn in your letter tomorrow.” And they are out of their position. It’s something to do with not allowing people to manipulate you with their words. He’s very direct and means what he says.

It has stuck with me for forever because I joke in that same way, but if someone is looking for a reason to get rid of me, then I just shot myself in the foot.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 03:27:39 )

Upd8. Ive been fired. They didnt call me or even make me aware. I had to figure it out from my friend who works there. Great
Please ping me!

Donator — Artist Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 12:51:03 )

Haha. Do you work at my work? I deal with the same shit, though instead of fast food I work at a gas station. Also I work the grave shift. I wouldnt say I'm lazy, because most nights I am actively doing stuff around the store (Facing, Checking dates, making popcorn, yadda yadda) Though some nights I get so fed up by the other employees and how a bunch of them are able to slack off yet I'm expected not to? I could go on but I am too tired/lazy to write more haha. My paint is that you're not alone. Oh my supervisor is picky over EVERYTHING. To the point that she asked me not to wear my boots when going behind cash when I first arrive, since I get the rugs dirty.
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.