Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Bug Reports page refresh and logout bug

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 07:30:24 )
i noticed that when logged in and on a thread it said there were a lot of new messages posted
but when i clicked to refresh it instead showed me logged out and only one new message rather than the 20 or so that were originally shown to have been posted

i am assuming the log out is just an auto timeout thing? but am unsure about the random posts number to appear :viosweat:
thank you kid!!

VOLTRA BBCODE AND RESOURCE GUIDE

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 15:07:25 )
@owl: Hi, I can confirm there is an auto timeout in place that'll log you out. I believe it's set for every 24 hours.

For the notification about 20 new messages, that definitely would have created a second page and it may have only shown one new messaged because you reached the end of that current page. If you click the box that appears, all messages should have shown, but refreshing the page will not do the same as they will be moved over to their new page.

That's my guess, but if you find yourself in the same situation again, please screenshot if possible. Thanks you!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.