Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent Wanna chat?

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/1 15:41:40 )

@Ixora: I have to call them later to make sure but I think saturday? Depends on if they got our days off switched around now or not.

Guess I'll have to be o .o On the bright side I think my pup's only out for belly rubs XD He's missing 4 days worth since we were out of town and left him with my friend XD

Yeah, I know what you mean x __ x I was laying in bed kinda propped up on a bunch of pillows but yeah, we played basically straight through XD Stopped for maybe half an hour tops to eat and then went back to playing.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/1 20:28:47 )
@SamSpyroxis: Ooooh. How long was your vacay?

Your friend didn't give him belly rubs? D:

SAAAAAME. Lmao. That is the life XD

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/3 02:23:21 )

@Ixora: Well, we did a full like 14 hours of driving, stayed in San Antonio for 3 days, then another 14ish hours of driving to get back home XD Then I had like 3 days to just chill out sadly tomorrow I go back to work TT n TT

I mean, she might have? But it's not very likely I don't think XD She may have given some pets and snuggles but she prefers cats to dogs, so....

That's been my life for the last 2 days XD I've had FMA Brotherhood playing in the background too though while I've been playing some random games on my switch or drawing, so...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/3 05:03:14 )
@SamSpyroxis: That is a super long drive @.@
Awwww. Hope your work day went okay! It's hard going on vacay and finally getting back into the swing of regular life D:

But... what kind of person... would not give belly rubs... to a dog... in need? D:

I've actually... never watched FMA Brotherhood XD

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/5 13:10:01 )

@Ixora: It was indeed a long drive x.x Thankfully I slept most of it XD
It went boring, but I suppose that's better than chaotic? Sadly since I'm on 12s though I basically go to work then come home, shower, sleep and repeat :c

My friend XD She enjoys teasing him instead... Poor puppers D:

It's one of my favorite's. Granted I haven't watched much other stuff... Especially not any new anime XD I need to though. but instead my brain says nah, go rewatch that one you already saw like a million times instead of a new thing

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/6 20:33:29 )

@Ixora: (seeing as the event thread got closed before I could reply)
That is the only bad news with watercolors ; u ; Thankfully if it's anything I plan to keep long term or give away I usually put a varnish of some sort on it to try and keep it safe from any water accidents ; u ;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 13:42:47 )
@SamSpyroxis: lmao the best part of road trips is not driving XD
12s? 12 hour shifts? o.o

Spoil that pup! <3

I've seen FMA like when it first came out. Never rly felt the need to watch Brotherhood when it came out lol.
Saaaaaame. I recently was rewatching Mushishi and Amagi Brilliant Park.

Ooooh. No one ever told me about that kind of stuff XD

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/9 17:45:27 )

@Ixora: That's semi-true for me... Only downside is I get stuck in the back on family road trips and it makes me car sick x___x So instead of seeing all the possibly interesting stuff we drive by I end up falling asleep ; u ;
Yeah, I think I'm still gonna have 12 hours for the next 2 weeks I'm hoping after that though I go back to 8 hours ; n ; Working 60+ hours in a week is tiring.... orz I worked like 67 hours this week and to make it worse it was hot in the building, even worse than it was outside a couple days... orz

It's okay, he's getting all the love now that me and my sister are back home >:3

I actually really like Brotherhood? I didn't feel a need to watch it either when it came out, but I decided to try it out and I love it so much ; u ;
Oh, I need to finish watching Mushishi :o I kept falling asleep part way through episodes though so I can't remember where I left off? I was always kinda tired when I started it and it just feels so nice and calm from what I remember of it so I don't think that helped XD

I didn't know about it either, but I was curious about how to keep my paintings safe for gifts without framing and glass because some of my family like my cousin prefer to not use a frame or anything so I didn't want it to get damaged for them ; u ; You can use a a spray on varnish (which I do since the one I use also adds protection from fading from sunlight) or if you're sure your colors won't fade from the sun you can just use a cold wax medium. I think the wax medium is technically for oil painters, but it works great for adding water resistance to a finished watercolor painting :3

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 15:00:40 )
@SamSpyroxis: welp longest i've been off voltra lol

do you have travel motion sickness? D: How were your 12 hours over these past 2 weeks? D:
67 hours @.@ How @.@

Mushishi is great! One of my favorite anime of all time! Yeah it was def super calm and stuff! Have you been watching anything new? I binged Kimetsu no Yaiba the past few days XD

Ooooh. That's awesome. I wonder if they have that kind of stuff for wall decals. I have some cherry blossom wall decals in my room and one side isn't even pink anymore from being overexposed to the sun :(

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 16:01:12 )

@Ixora: Oh good, you're still alive :D

I'm not sure? I never used to get motion sick in cars, but ever since I started driving now if I'm a passenger in a car I feel kinda sick. It's not as bad in the front seat and if I keep my eyes on the road. It's awful when I have to sit in back though x___x And they would have been alright if it wasn't so hot in the building DX Unfortuntely I get to do it again this week (scheduled 6 days with 12 hours each one again...) but I might be able to get rid of some of my overtime ; u ; One of the other guys who works there actually wants overtime and I think he's only on 8 hours this week? So I'm hoping that works out XD

I haven't been watching anything that's like... recent XD New to me, but from forever ago XD I watched K series (first season) I need to watch the movie and the 2nd season of that next. And I rewatched Noragami's first season. What's the one you're watching ago? :o

I feel like they would have something for that? I'm not sure where you'd get it exactly, but I feel like it's a thing.... Or maybe I'm just thinking it is and it's never been something at all XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 17:02:25 )
@SamSpyroxis: lmao! Still alive! Just been busy Idk if I shared with you but I'm gonna be a student again starting this September.

OMG My brother is the same way - except he was always motion sick in cars and it just got worse when he started driving because he says he doesn't feel it when he's behind the wheel. Oh noes!!!! Hopefully that works out tho. I still can't grasp working 12 hours a day @.@

K is good! I don't think I finished the 2nd season tho. Noragami is great too! I was watching... Amagi Brilliant Park?

Lmao. I think it might be a thing for something else but can totally be multi-purpose?

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 20:21:50 )

@Ixora: I don't think it was mentioned? That's neat though, whatcha goin' for?

Yeah, it must be something about knowing when/where the car is going to stopping/turning/ect...? I'm hoping the 12 hour thing works out too x___x 6 days of 12 is just too much.... All I have time for on 12 hours is work and sleep :c

I might need to look into that :o

That's true too XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 03:12:58 )
@SamSpyroxis: Environmental Landscape Management. Classes start on the 3rd - but I made my schedule so that I have no classes on Tuesdays so classes start on the 4th for me lol.

Maybe? And you can go the speed you like and slow down as smoothly as you like. Plus, you're focused on driving, I guess. Oof. Yeah, I can imagine. Do you get breaks during 12 hours tho?

It is v cute!

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/31 14:46:40 )

@Ixora: That sounds interesting :o Good luck with your classes when they start then!

Makes sense to me XD
Yeah, we get breaks. Usually you get one about every 2 hours. (on 8 hours too) but sometimes it feels like that still isn't enough x__x;

Completely unrelated, I just ordered myself a couple of cases for my switch on etsy. I couldn't decide if I wanted the Persona 5 one, or the Fire Emblem Golden Deer themed one.... So I just got both XD I'll use one for my switch, and I think the other I'll either use to carry some extra switch stuff (like joycons or charger or something) or possibly throw my DS and Vita in it XD I can't wait until they get here though, even though they're not supposed to be here until somewhere between Sept 25th and Oct 3rd ; u ;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/9 00:04:56 )
@SamSpyroxis: ty! The first week went great!
Sorry. I keep being too tired to get on Voltra ;__;

Oooh. So just short breaks? Well at least there are some! <3

Oh dude that is a while! Hopefully they’re as good as u see them online! I feel you tho - so many pretty things in the world .__.

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/12 05:16:37 )

@Ixora: That's good to hear! <3
It's alright, I've been feeling the same way recently because of work ; u ; Hopefully I do more than lurk soon though XD

Yeah, 10 minutes usually except your lunch break which is only 15 minutes ; u ; That's okay though because if I had a 30 minute lunch I'd probably eat too much and just be miserable until my next break XD

I'm hoping so too ; u ; And I agree, I just wish I could own more of the pretty stuff I find ; u ; although it's probably good I can't, I'd run out of room for stuff a lot quicker that way XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 02:15:26 )
@SamSpyroxis: I haven't even been lurking on Voltra much ; n ; I've just been scrolling thru memes on discord XD
It's been very oof cause it takes me a 1.5 hr commute to get there and another 1.5 commute to get home ; n ;

Quick lunch D: Lmao true. Yeah, eating doesn't really take too long. I guess it depends on what you eat for lunch?

Lmao. Yeeeeeah. I feel that. I used to buy a lot of pretty trinkets and stuff and it just became a pain to clean and organize things. Of course it didn't help that I'm not the most organized person

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 13:43:59 )

@Ixora: Sadly I've been the same lately, but my wrist is killing me non dominant hand thank god so I'm trying to avoid using that hand if possible. Unfortunately that means limited keyboard use (typing with one hand is slow x__X) and no video games for a bit :c I've just been lurking my chat channels on discord lately XD
Oh man, that's a long commute x___x

The downside is if you have to heat something up... I usually heat it too much on accident so most of my lunch break is spent heating the food and then waiting on it to cool off enough I can eat it ; u ; I'm also a slow eater so there's that... I usually just try to stick to snack size meals at work and just eat when I get home XD

I'm the same way XD
I like to think I'm organized... Or try to organize things... But it all turns to chaos within like a week XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 16:12:17 )
@SamSpyroxis: oof what happened to your wrist? D:
Yeah. The worst part is my back hurts so bad cause I have a hard time sitting on the bus cause my feet can’t reach the floor ; n ;

Lmao. The hard life. Yeah that makes sense tho. Like I don’t see how to eat a big meal comfortably in a short amount of time.

Chaos is my organization scheme XD

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 01:34:17 )

@Ixora: I don't know D: I think it might be I slept on it wrong and/or a repetitive motion injury from work. it gets a little better after my days off, so whatever I'm doing at work doesn't seem to be helping at least...
Oh no D: That's not good x___x Hopefully it gets better soon :c

That's completely true x___x I like taking my time to eat when I can ; u ;

I think that sounds accurate XD It's more fun that way too :P
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.