Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forsaking the Past

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 02:58:46 )
Maddie quietly followed him, unable to keep her eyes from wandering around. This was probably the first time she'd been inside a pet store, as before she didn't have the need to. It was much different than a grocery store. She couldn't stop herself from approaching a group of small reptile tanks and curiously examined them. One of the tanks had a ball python coiled up in the corner of the glass and lightly traced a finger over the part of the pattern she could see. Maddie blinked when he spoke and quickly joined him.

She shook her head some when he asked about flavors before looking over the different choices. "We should stick with something with a single flavor, and not something mixed with multiple things. It might be too much for him at first.." She murmured, glancing at him. "Cats like fish, so maybe some salmon or whiting? Chicken might be a good one too." Maddie said with a small smile.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 03:50:17 )
"Salmon...hmm they also have tuna." Clint said, picking up the small aluminum cans. "Oh, here's chicken." He said, picking it up. He read each can, making sure that they were for kittens. "Salmon is much healthier than tuna...so we'll take some cans of Salmon, and some cans of chicken." He said, setting them into the cart. He made sure they had enough then he remembered the bowls which were on the bottom shelves. "Okay, should we just get white bowls? I mean, if he's a boy he should get blue ones though." They just needed two bowls. One for food and one for water or milk.

"Oh how about these white ones?" He said holding them up so she could see. They were white ceramic bowls with grey little fishes all over them. They were pretty cute and if they were going to have a pet, he thought the furball deserved the best they could afford to get him. "You know, I'm surprised that you haven't named him yet." Clint pointed out.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 04:14:11 )
Maddie looked back at the small cans of wet food as Clint began to read the labels and nodded in agreement to his statement about salmon being healthier. She then knelt some when she spotted the bowls. She glanced up at him when he held up the bowls and giggled quietly. "They're cute, but shouldn't they look different, so we can tell the food bowl from the water bowl?" She asked curiously. Maybe it didn't matter?

She got quiet again when he mentioned that she hadn't named the kitten, then glanced at him once more. "Well.. What would you name him?" She asked curiously. She for one, had no ideas for a name otherwise she would've already named him.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 05:30:20 )
"Hmm...yes I guess you're right." Clint agreed. He put one of the bowls in the cart and the other back then started to look for another one. When she asked him for name suggestions, he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. You're asking a guy who's never had a pet before." He answered, picking up a blue bowl. "Here, this could be for the water." He said and showed it to her. "Or do you want to get the one with blue paw prints on it for the water instead?"

Clint really did want to help name the little gut though. "Well..why not something that goes with his fur color? What color is he again? Grey?" He honestly had forgotten already. Well, he never really paid attention to that in the first place.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 01:47:38 )
Maddie felt pretty good about him liking her suggestions and watched as he put the bowl into the cart, then looked over the other bowls they had, once again glancing at him when he picked up the blue one. She glanced at the blue one with paw prints and pointed to it. "This would be perfect, and in a way matches the one with the fish on it." Maddie noted with a small smile. She thought so anyway.

She thought a moment about what he had said and nodded lightly. "He's mostly dark grey, but he has some white on him too. Not to mention how tiny he is." She said casually. "Next on the list is kitty litter and a pan to put it in. Oh, and a scooper."

I made our little kitten on a dress up game~ :vanora_upsidedown:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 07:44:40 )
Clint nodded and placed the one she liked into their cart, putting the other back. He stood to his feet, listening to her describe the little guy and also list what was next in the list. Ah, fun. He scrunched up his nose. Pets were always messy, and cleaning up after them was never fun. Still, the little furball would be safer with them than out in the streets. And if he was in the house, then Maddie wouldn't be out there running around looking for it. So keeping the kitten was the best choice.

"Alright, let's go get that. Hmm, dark grey with white huh?" Clint repeated. He pushed the cart in silence, thinking of what they could call the kitten. "What about Nimbus?" He suggested. "Weird I know...but you know what a Nimbus cloud is right?"

Aww so cute!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 18:26:12 )
Maddie couldn't help giggling when she noticed how his nose scrunched up at the mention of the litter box. "Don't worry, I'll be the one who cleans up after him." She said casually as she lightly pushed her red bangs out of her face. She walked with him to find the litter and litter boxes, blinking when he mentioned naming the little guy Nimbus, after the cloud. "I read about it." She murmured, nodding some. "Oh cool, I think that name is alright and it'd be unique." She said with a small smirk. After all, how many cats had the name Nimbus?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 21:14:41 )
When they reached the aisle with the boxes of litter and the actual litter boxes, he stopped and started reading every type, trying to figure out which was better. "Well he's going to be an indoor cat so I think the one that says 'indoor' on it would be best.." He said to himself, looking at Maddie when she spoke. "Yeah, I guess I can be creative sometimes. Nimbus are the dark rain clouds and the regular white clouds...I don't remember. Something with an O I think? Oh wait no, they're called Cumulus? I think. I don't know, I'm not good with science or whatever." He said, laughing softly.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 21:59:32 )
Maddie nodded lightly. "Think we should get some of that litter dust? I think it's supposed to help with the odor." She asked curiously, glancing at him briefly. Oh hey, they had those litter box liners too! Neat! Were they even worth the money? She glanced at him when he spoke and shrugged her shoulders lightly. "I don't remember exactly, either." She murmured with a light chuckle. Science sounded right, she just couldn't remember what branch of science it involved.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 00:40:15 )
"Oh yeah, that stuff is pretty important." Clint said. He lifted some boxes of the litter into the cart and some boxes of the dust then he grabbed an actual box for the litter for the cat. "Ehh science. Never liked it." He laughed and looked at her. "What's next on the list?" He asked her. "Or is that all. Well actually I think toys are next huh?" Toys were pretty important. It would keep the kitten entertained while they did their own thing. Clint wondered what the kitten was doing alone at the house. Probably taking a nap. It seemed to really like doing that.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 01:03:13 )
Maddie chuckled , then blinked and glanced at the list. Right, toys! She had been distracted and nearly forgot about the list in her hand. She nodded some and smirked. "Toys is the last thing on the list, unless you want to get him a cat brush." She noted casually.

Hmm.. He was still a baby, so maybe they should stick to soft toys? Like one of those sticks with the feather on the end of a string? Oh, that sounded fun! "Hey Clint, can we see if they have any feather toys?" She asked curiously.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 01:03:39 )
"A brush." Clint repeated. Did the kitten need a brush though? Did kittens shed a lot? He didn't think so but maybe Nimbus would enjoy having his fur brushed regardless. "Alright. Where are the...brushes.." He said to no one, looking around at the signs of the aisles. One of them had to have brushes right? "Grooming! Over there." He said, pointing in a direction. His eyes landed on her. "A feather toy? Yeah, we can. Come on." He told her, leading her to the grooming supplies where he started to look for a good brush.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 01:50:04 )
Maddie smiled some when he agreed to the idea of getting Nimbus a brush. Perfect. She glanced at the signs and nodded when he voiced that he had found it. He had also agreed to the feather toy, that made her happy. She was feeling somewhat confident that nothing would happen, so she paused when he began to lead her to the grooming supplies. Besides, it wasn't healthy to let your fears get the better of you.

"Clint.. I'm gonna go find that toy, all their stuff is in the next isle over. Okay?" She voiced, making sure to let him know before heading to the next isle over to look at their toys. There weren't as many people here as she first thought there would be, but she avoided eye contact with anyone around her as she focused on finding that feather toy.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 07:53:55 )
The cart felt a little heavy with the boxes of litter inside. It didn't bother Clint though, he pushed it with ease. There were a few people with their pets on leashes. A leash! Cats didn't need those right? He had passed by the small section of clothes and frowned. He never saw the appeal to that and he didn't think that the animals liked it very well either.

"Huh?" Clint looked back at her and stopped. Why did he have a bad feeling about this? "Alright then. I'll be over there after I find the brush." He answered. He watched her walk away until she slipped into the aisle where the toys were. With a bad feeling in his gut, Clint continued on, walking into the aisle where the grooming supplies were. They had shampoos and stuff to protect against flees. He picked up a bottle of shampoo and stared at it for a while, wondering if he should get it or not. Well cats needed baths, but Nimbus was so small, a bath might get him sick. He didn't know. He got the shampoo anyway. They could use it once Nimbus was older.

He reached the brushes and started to look at them all carefully. As if it even mattered. They all looked the same and felt the same. He grabbed a wooden one with soft plastic bristles with the rounded ends and placed it inside. Then he looked back at the other things, wondering if they needed any of it. They needed a cat scratching post. That would be with the toys he figured.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 00:40:21 )
Maddie made her way to the toys to hunt for the feather toy, but didn't ignore the other toys she saw. Wow! They had quite a bit for cats to play with, and several cat scratchers that were different sizes and built differently. When she found the feather toy she was looking for, she felt a hand brush over her shoulder and she quickly raised her gaze to see whoever it was. She looked young enough to be a school teacher.

"Oh, sorry.." The young woman said. She blinked when she got a look at Maddie. "Wait.. Aren't you that girl who did the palm readings?" She asked quietly. Maddie lowered her eyes back down to the toys. "You're mistaken, miss." She murmured quietly. The young woman seemed to pour some but she lightly nodded. "I'm sorry for bothering you." She said, then went on her way.

Maddie sighed under her breath and tried to calm down. "Have you been a bad girl?" A soft voice reached her ears, startling her into lifting her gaze once more, but she saw no one who could've particularly said it. Was her anxiety playing tricks on her mind again?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 21:12:31 )
Clint didn't think they needed anything else. He looked at what they had in the cart and another thought popped into his head. A bed, didn't cats need their own little beds? Although, Nimbus could very well sleep on either one of their beds at night if he wanted to. Well, he'd talk to Maddie about it and see what she thought. Maybe they didn't need the bed, or maybe she would want Nimbus to have a bed of his own.

He started to head out of that aisle and towards the aisle with the toys. That's where Maddie said she would be. He'd be lying to himself if he didn't admit he was worried. He didn't want to have her glued to his side all the time either though. Some space was good for both of them. "I'm sure she's just fine." Clint said to himself.

When he arrived, he noticed Maddie looking around. "Hey, you okay?" He asked, approaching her and gently resting a hand on her shoulder. "You look like you saw a ghost. Were you able to find the toy you were looking for?"

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 22:14:55 )
If felt like every time she went outside, something always happened. She felt pretty safe around Clint but on her own..not so much. Was wandering away from him a bad idea? She wondered. She definitely felt like she was being watched. From where though? ...and who?

Maddie blinked when she heard Clint and glanced at him, nodding lightly. "Call me paranoid." She murmured quietly, holding up the feather toy and smirking some. "Got it, I found some scratching posts too." She said, putting the toy in the basket.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 21:19:42 )
Clint glanced around but he didn't see anyone acting suspiciously. Had they been followed? He wouldn't be surprised it that were the case. Whoever was after Maddie would probably not stop until they had her right where they wanted her. "That's good." He said, looking back at Maddie. "I think a scratching post would be a good idea. We don't want Nimbus scratching the furniture." He pointed out. Having a pet was pretty pricey, but at least now the little guy could live comfortably. "Nimbus is so spoiled." Clint teased.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 14:29:46 )
Maddie smiled and nodded lightly to his words in agreement. So true. He might still try to though.. She wondered if There was away to avoid that? "I think that's everything." She said, glancing at him.

With nothing else to think about, Maddie's mind began to drift and notice just how many people had started come my into the store, and little things. 'No, no, no.' She thought to herself, shaking her head lightly and trying to think about something else.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 19:04:58 )
"Alright, let's get going. I'm sure the little guy misses you already." Or, he could very well be making a mess of the place while they were gone. Kittens had a lot of energy right? What if they got home and the place was a mess? What if the little guy managed to break something? Hopefully he wasn't hurt!

Clint nodded and walked with Maddie back to the register. He could see that Maddie looked anxious, maybe it really was a good idea to leave now before she had a full blown panic attack. Those were never pretty. "Did you find everything okay?" The person at the register asked. Clint nodded and when everything was bagged up and in the cart again, he handed the cashier the required cash before heading out with Maddie towards the car.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.