Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy Spring! (Or Fall for your down under)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/21 23:01:26 )

A new season is upon us! Winter(and summer) is now over and we get to enjoy a season without as many extremes. Are you planning or doing anything while the weather is nice?

Around DC there is the Cherry Blossom Festival and peak bloom is about to happen this week. I'm probably going to see them in a few days and then attend the various festivals that are happening around town. I also plan to take walks on the nice days after work. I'm so glad winter is over.

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/23 05:39:21 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

spring avi spring avi

I'm hoping to plant some things in our little apartments planter area soon, namely strawberries. We also have a cherry blossom festival here in Ohio somewhere, I was thinking of going this year.
My puppy is definitely going to be ecstatic when the weather warms up!

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/23 15:02:09 )

@BLOWPOP: that sounds like an awesome plan! It’s a lot of work but so worth it in the end! I did a lot of spring cleaning last weekend and I think this weekend I’m going to do the rest of the house.

@milkshake: loving the spring avatar! It’s beautiful! That would be so cool. Strawberries you grew yourself would taste way better than the store ones and would save you a lot of money! Berries are expensive. I say go for it. Have you looked up how to grow them? Have you done it before?
Go to see the cherry blossoms with your dog ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/23 15:23:06 )

There is not a lot to look forward to for spring (other than my birthday) but there's also some festivals to look forward to around summer.
Honestly I'm looking pretty forward to wear something lighter than my winter coat again. But not looking forward shaving often again xDD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 13:35:50 )

@Purpsy: yay for your birthday soon! My sister’s is in May.
I’m also looking forward to putting the winter coat away. And looking forward to the wind no longer being so cold that my eyes tear up!
When is the stuff in the summer?
Shaving more isn’t really that fun. I’m going to have to start this week I think. Next the week after.

@Delightfully: the warmer brighter weather is what I live for. I can’t stay how soon it gets dark in the winter and of the sun is out it’s so low in the sky. It’s much better now. :)
April can be tricky about snow/no snow. I’m sure you will be in the clear soon. ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 14:29:11 )

@Totalanimefan: It already passed. It was on the 19th which I think is the first day of spring lel.
So true, in my case I'm quite done having my glasses fog up. A lot of different festivals and events around the summertime here that I have forgotten most of them Often multicultural like one I can think of there's one filipino festival that happens around june-july here. I'm sure those will come up again since covid is becoming less of an issue.

Ugh... honestly is not that warm yet for me to shave so I still have time lmao.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 14:42:51 )

@Purpsy: Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a good one ^^
I also hate it when my glasses fog up! It's so annoying! Those festivals sound fun. I hope you can go this year. ^^ It hit 75 yesterday but the next two days are going be in the 50's. I don't know how much longer I have lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 18:36:25 )
    We haven't planned too much. There's a trip next month, but April is about the time that all the night festivals and food markets get started up so I'm excited for those. I found a couple of them through instagram so hopefully I can discover some more interesting food in the city.

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 19:53:14 )

Spring is my favorite season, so I'm happy that winter is over!

I'm planning on starting a windowsill flower garden and seeing how that goes. It's something I've always wanted to do but just haven't done. Aside from that, I'm hoping I can ride my bike this year. My tires got flat last year and I've been too lazy to put air in them since, so I have to do that this year hahaha. Lastly, I would like to do more outside volunteering. Littering is one of my biggest pet peeves, so I'm looking forward to doing some trash clean-up volunteering. I might plant trees at a tree nursery next week and I'm looking forward to it because it's something I haven't done before. :)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/25 15:59:21 )

@Totalanimefan: It was a pretty normal birthday which is not bad :3
We opted out buying cake this year because money is tight with this inflation going on and I honestly don't care to begin with =3=
Had a yummy dinner though~

Yep I hope so! I do want to go on a few at least this year and yikes, I guess you really don't have a choice. I have at least a month for it to really warm up here.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/25 18:06:45 )
we had such nice weather here just a few days ago, it looked as if spring was really here, snow was melting and you could see the roads, but noooo we just had to get weeks of snow and shitty temps. I'm so sick of the winter man 😂 i feel this one has been extra tough to get through

GIVE ME SUN

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/28 16:08:59 )

@blue: If I lived where you do, I would do the same thing. One of the best things about living in a city is all the different food options! Plus it's fun to go to markets/night markets/food halls. ^^

@Ark: I think Spring is great and winter is my least fav season. I'm so happy it's over. Having live plants is great. I just started to have some about 2 years ago. I've only killed two plants so far lol.
I love cycling in the springtime! Do you have any trails or protected bike lanes near you? Also a trail near us has a lot of meet ups for volunteers. Maybe there is something like that near you.

@Purpsy: Honestly, Cakes are sooo expensive! If you wanted one you could buy a box cake mix. Good enough and like $3 instead of $30. Or make some banana bread! lol
It was a little colder at the start of the week but now it's starting to be a bit warmer and sunnier. I love it. I hope the weather gets better near you soon.

@Bean: The sun is much needed! In March the weather can't really decide if it wants to be winter or spring. It kinda fights with itself all month long, but then April really knows what's up. I'm sure the weather will be better next week!

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/29 02:02:48 )

@Totalanimefan: I live near a bike trail and a park with a trail. :3 And yes, there are bike lanes in my city, but I've never ridden in them. This would be my first time riding a bike in like 8 years, so I'm too scared to ride in the bike lanes. ^^;

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/29 04:18:41 )

@Ark: Just stick with the trail for now. You will get used to it again after a few rides. ^^ It's so nice to live near a trail. I wish they were more common in the US.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/31 12:17:41 )

@Totalanimefan: Yep they sure do :/
I actually might give that a shot on my parents birthday since it's coming soon. But I remember me and my brother have baked a cake before for my mom's birthday years ago and it was a disaster rofl. Is about time we redeem ourselves xD

Is getting slightly warmer but the weather still acting bipolar. We had a small snow storm like two days ago. But at least is not freezing anymore...
I feel like I'm jinxing myself for saying that pfft

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/2 02:44:06 )

@Purpsy: without the cake mix it's easy to mess it up lol
Yeah it was hot and the cold today and really windy!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/2 04:50:25 )
It's been raining where I live, way too much. We are not use to water falling from the sky. I am looking forward to seeing the poppies for the Spring before the 2nd week of April turns into Summer weather.

Wow, that has to be a magical experience seeing the Cherry Blossom throughout the city

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/3 21:33:32 )

@Qiqi Agatha: That will be pretty ^^ It's always nice to see flowers

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/5 04:48:34 )
0mg, yes @Totalanimefan:, it is nice to see flowers. I did get to see the poppies yesterday and it was bountiful, almost magical because we've received so much rain this Winter season. It's been windy and cold, but will be hot this Easter.

Enjoy your Easter week, if I don't show up for the reminder of the week

Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/5 13:17:47 )

@Qiqi Agatha: I'm sure all the rain made it extra beautiful!
Enjoy your Easter weekend!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.