Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat A bought a backpack to carry my cat in! Update

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 18:58:24 )

I needed a cat backpack to be able to take my cat to the vet (I'm car-free and can't walk there). I also think it would be fun for us to explore the nearby parks. He loves being with me and when he was a kitten he would slowly go on walks with me.

After like hours of reviewing what would be best for a long, 12lb, male cat I decided to go with this one. It seems like he would be comfortable and not too hot in it. Amazon link, not sponsored lol
It's coming today and I'm soo excited! He won't be going out for a walk in it today. I want him to lay in it and get used to it first. Maybe I'll take him out in it tomorrow or the next day depending on the weather. I'm pretty excited to use it with him!

Update tweet with pics: https://twitter.com/hannahfoll/status/1632834179049070592?s=46&t=LTWcj0re56X54JN9Kmahjg

Does anyone else have one of these? Have you ever seen someone with it in rl?

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 19:31:28 )
I’ve seen the bubble backpacks but not one like this! Cool! Do we get to see picks of your cat in it when you take him for a walk? :3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 22:35:50 )

@Ruby: Yes I will! At first I wanted the bubble one but then I learned that tends to be like a greenhouse for your cat when you are out walking them.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 00:29:17 )

Cat backpacks! I love those things, I definitely want one the next time I have a cat/cats, such a cool idea.

Also you're right, yours looks like it's definitely better for airflow than the bubble ones I've seen.

Please ping me!

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 00:31:14 )
@Totalanimefan: that’s good to know! I hadn’t even thought about that

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 02:28:42 )

@Ruby: me neither until I did the research lol. I hope he likes it. He laid it in tonight. I don’t want to take him in it until he’s used to it inside.

@CooperationIsKey: I really made sure the airflow was good. I didn’t want him to feel trapped. I think he will like it. I wish I could just take him out tonight but it’s still too new for him. He’s kinda a scaredy-cat lol

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 05:28:20 )

i want a backpack for my canaries!~

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 06:22:33 )

@Justice: that sounds very cute!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 06:33:43 )

yes ive seen them they have a little rod in it for them to perch on hehe~

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 01:41:45 )

@Justice: I wonder if they would like that or if they would be afraid?

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 01:55:55 )

@Totalanimefan:

im not sure tbh
they can be a bit timid

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 01:58:59 )

@Justice: Yeah that's what I heard. I've never owned any birds but my aunt has. She really likes them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/28 00:05:37 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin’ | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol’ Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ never seen one in reallife but boy do i want one. my cat wants to fallow me arround, only she does not like the carrier so i can't take her places in that and that backpack looks like a nice solution... <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/28 02:37:16 )
    I've seen those little ones that look like space pods with a round bubble-window. I wonder how your cat(s?) enjoyed the ride, hahaha.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/28 19:47:09 )

@blue: I was gonna get one like that but I read that it’s hotter for the cat. Seems super cute though. He was in it on the metro yesterday. Cried the whole time but then on the way back he was quiet.

@star2000shadow: that would be awesome. It takes them a while to get used to. It’s almost like you have to train them. You can find the steps online.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/1 02:55:07 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin&rsquo; | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol&rsquo; Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: have to sace up for it first 'nods' but its a good idea. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/1 18:40:55 )

I did take him to the vet in it. I don’t remember if I shared that.
I’ll try to get pictures next time.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/1 19:38:12 )
    I don't think I've ever seen a cat in a backpack in person, but there were a few people that carried their dogs in creative ways in more affluent parts of the city. Oregon was absolutely bonkers with the "pets" people would bring along. Every public space had the potential to become a zoo.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/2 01:28:18 )

I am NOT going to be one of those people. I have a friend that is and I'm always telling her to leave the dog at home if we are going to a place to eat or some kind of indoor thing. I'm moving close to a park soon and I thought the cat might like to go to the park with me, but so far he hates it lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.