Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My family cat passed away

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/12 14:49:57 )

Hi all. You might remember that two months ago, just before (American) Thanksgiving my dog Pinto passed away. He was very sick.

My mom texted me today that the cat I grew up with, Butterscotch, is not doing well. She seems to have fluid in her stomach and she’s weak and not eating. They have an appt in an hour but she’s 19 and cats tend to not show they are bad until it’s too late. Almost all of the medical reasons for this are untreatable, especially on my mom’s salary.

I do understand that she is 19 and that’s a damn good life for a cat. It’s just that I love/loved her so much. She was always the most bonded to me when my family still lived together. (My parents are separated and we all live in super different places). I’ve accepted that this is probably the end for her but I also just lost my dog and so it’s even harder to bare.

And the other cat we got at the same time died Jan 1st, 2022 so it was just her death anniversary too.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/12 18:24:47 )

She passed away about an hour after I made this thread. I could tell before I got the text too. I was doing my training at work and then I was overcome with tears and grief. I got the text 10 mins later that she was put down. I miss her so much. She was such a great cat.

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/12 18:43:37 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm so so sorry Total. It's never easy. I couldn't even imagine the level of heartbreak until I went thru it. I'm positive all of your pets know how much you love them and they'll always be with you in your heart

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 01:02:35 )
    @Totalanimefan: I’m sorry:( this is rough :( I hope you can remember the good times, it’s always tough when they get ill :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/13 03:26:52 )

@Ruby: thank you. They are family. You see them everyday. You plan your life around them. You care for them. It’s so hard when you lose them. I was her special person even though we didn’t always live together. I miss her so much.

@sunny: thank you. At least she wasn’t sick for a long time. I miss her a lot but I do remember how great it was to have her as a cat.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.