Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat 6-hour flight tomorrow

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 20:00:59 )

Although it's a flight that I've done a ton of times pre-pandemic it's my first time doing this flight since 2019. I guess though if you think about it, it's not that bad. It's not overnight (which I hate) and it's not a really long flight like 8+ hours.

I just am a little worried because of my heart monitor (although the Dr and nurse said it was ok to fly), I'm there for 10 days but I don't want to lose my luggage so I'm taking a carry on, can I fit everything in there in a carry on? I'm also going be in a wedding, so I have to remember to pack lots of things for it.

I'm totally ok when I'm on the flight. It's just before remembering to clean the house and get things ready for the pet sitter while also remembering to pack everything I need.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 22:21:16 )
    You jetting across the US? Have fun. At least your doctor has reassured you that you’re good to fly :) I hope you can relax on the flight!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 22:33:50 )

@sunny: Yeah from the East coast to the West. ^^
Thanks. On the flight I'm always ok. It's just everything before hand. The packing, making sure you have done everything, making sure you get to the airport on time, etc. That part stresses me out. On the flight I'm pretty good but sometimes I'm really bored. I'm surprised that flights don't just come with Wi-Fi now. That would make them a lot better.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 22:49:13 )
    @Totalanimefan: yeah it’s a very stressful time, and airports are super stressful and also unpredictable. I’m sure you’ll have a great time, but 6 hours without wifi does not sound fun!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 23:31:41 )

@sunny: Yeah true lol
Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing people I haven't seen in a long time.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 23:33:18 )
    @Totalanimefan: I bet that will be nice for you!! How long has it been since you saw them?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 23:53:28 )

@sunny: The people who's wedding I'm going to, I saw last in June 2021, they came to mine. Other people that I'm seeing them for the first time since the pandemic started. :)

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 00:19:46 )
@Totalanimefan: I totally feel you, my last flight was 2018 but I always got so sick just because of all my autoimmunes. And god the STRESS was too much for me to handle. I swore never again until we could afford at least first class (so probably never xD)

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 01:02:50 )
I wish you the best of luck with your flight!
Last time I flew was December 28th, 2019.
(Moved from Oregon to Netherlands as you know).

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 04:02:46 )

@Vegan: thank you. That was a long flight. I did CA to England in late 2019. It sucked.

@Ruby: the stress is a lot! In the past for very long flights (11 hours and 8.5 hours) I’ve paid for premium economy and it’s very nice. On a long flight with a bigger plane that’s the one where you can recline most of the way and the seats are wider.
I have done 11, 13 and 9 hour flights without that when I was younger. 3/10 do not recommend.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 10:03:28 )
@Totalanimefan: I flew in May and it wasn't too bad, but my flight was only like 30 mins xD Honestly it took longer getting through baggage check and customs than the actual flight xDD

Hopefully you don't have too much stuff to pack even though you're there for a week. Being in a wedding sounds fun!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 16:37:43 )

@Clementine: thanks! Flying is stressful but it will be over soon.
@Alchemists Fire: I actually did have to pack a lot. It’s 10 days with no access to a washer and dryer. Plus stuff I needed for the wedding like my bridesmaid dress and makeup. It’s nice when the flight is short and even nicer when there is no time zone change.
I’m doing 6 hours in the air and 3 time zones difference.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 17:46:03 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh, yeah, true, I didn't think about "no laundry". Although I'm very much one of those "wear it til it's dirty" sort of people, I don't like washing stuff after only one wear unless it's dirty/sweaty.
Oh yeah, bridesmaid dress and makeup would definitely be a thing, plus the shoes and any accessories. Hopefully you got everything in though!

At least 6 hours in the air is better than 4 days of 12 hours in the car =) The time zone change is always interesting, although I haven't had to deal with that in a while

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 18:06:13 )

@Alchemists Fire: I didn’t think about that either cause I have been away for 10 days before but it’s normally been to see family. You are are staying at someone’s house. I did remember to pack all of that. It was a lot to pack and my husband had to pack a suit too. We do have one really big suitcase so we did that and then a carry on for what we need tonight and tomorrow just in case that checked bag gets lost.

Lol yes you are right. I would not want to drive it. Flying is better. We have about an hour until I land in LAX then a flight to San Jose and then a drive to Monterey.
It’s like the Sunday daylight savings but instead of 1 hour it’s 3 haha

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 18:27:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah yeah, we've used hotel laundry services in the past too, and I think we used the laundry on a cruise ship at least once. Hopefully there aren't any issues with the checked bag!

Oooh, Monterey should be nice! If you have time, go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium! We didn't go on our 2006 trip and I'm really sad we didn't go =(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 22:44:18 )

@Alchemists Fire: Thanks, I went to the Aquarium yesterday and I'm so glad that I did. I really wanted to go. ^^

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 04:02:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Ooh, nice! I hope you had fun! Anything cool to share about the aquarium? One of my favourite things from my parent's trip was this window you could stand under that a wave would wash over

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:06:47 )

@Alchemists Fire: That one was cool! Next to it is a spot with birds that normally hang out on the beach and you could get really close to them.
I also liked the Kelp Forest. ^^

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:08:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh neat! Ooh yeah kelp forest would be awesome.
Does Montery Bay have Puffins? I love those derpy birds, loved watching them at Point Defiance
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:17:47 )

@Alchemists Fire: Oh yes they do! I go one to follow my finger and my husband thought that it was very cute. I said I'm the bird whisperer lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.