Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Tell me, how have you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:04:36 )

@Miss Sandman: Yeah of course you still love her. Doesn't mean she can't be a little shit sometimes. It gets easier once they move out of this stage.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:06:55 )
    @Totalanimefan: I will still apply for houses but I am not hopeful that I’ll get one. Who knows, maybe I’ll be lucky! There is a housing shortage here so I am not very hopeful:(

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:08:38 )
@Totalanimefan: i really hope so i really (no joke) got white streaks all over my blond hair xD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:24:21 )

@sunny: Yeah I heard about the shortage there too. (We have one as well). My husband's brother only just was able to buy a house with government help in 2021. Took him and his wife years to save up.

@Miss Sandman: Oh no, that's not good. I know I've said this before, but if there is someone in your life that could help you out, like another young mom, or family or friends that might help. Even if your kid has another 2 year old to play with haha

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:26:54 )
    @Totalanimefan: yeah it’s pretty bad right now, it’s been worse since Covid :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:27:47 )

@sunny: Yeah I feel like that made it worse too. Housing needs changed but also people didn't really build housing during the pandemic and now there is a backup.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:34:28 )
    @Totalanimefan: exactly! Also during COVID, the government housed a bunch of homeless people, so that’s where all the one bedroom properties have gone. I don’t begrudge them a safe place to live, obvs, but it has added to an already huge problem :/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 18:44:49 )
@Totalanimefan: my inlaws where here last week they play with her they clean up my house. And it was like vacation tbh xD but they dont live here and my mother in law needs to work alot ;A; so this Times are rare
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 19:21:08 )

@Miss Sandman: It's always nice when family can help. It's too much for one person to do all the time.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 20:18:42 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, physically I'm doing better. Not perfect, but my medicine is starting to do its thing and I'm having fewer issues now. Just have to tackle all the stuff that's piled up on me in the meantime. Gonna need to go back to work soon and I'm dreading it.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 20:35:05 )
    So the housing shortage isn't caused by local governments providing housing to those without homes (i.e., the homeless). I don't really know where that occurred, but as far as I'm aware and could find, the "housing" was just hotels, shelters, and converted stadiums--not actual homes. The shortage of housing is caused by a multitude of factors, not the least of which is homebuilders overextending themselves, tariffs and immigration policies (caused by Congress) on building supplies + labor, and the boom of companies buying existing properties for exorbitant prices as an investment property because of low mortgage rates. The mortgage rates are lower than most federal student loan rates.

---
    I spent most of my spring and early summer studying, and now I'm just taking care of administrative tasks. For the most part I haven't been bothered to be online because I find it more irritating than anything.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 21:06:27 )

@Count Trashula: Oh that's great news! I was worried you were going to say nothing changed or it got worse.
You can work your way back up to that. Yes job soon, but you don't need to stress. :)

@blue: The reasons for housing shortages are different in different places, but overall for the US since the Great Recession, we haven't built as much housing as needed to keep up with the population. In some places it is the local government 100% (look at CA). But there is also a problem with AirBnB and other companies buying up too many homes (Like in the south). Plus everywhere was affected by the labor and wood storages.
Glad you were able to take your exam. I hope that it wasn't Voltra that was annoying you, I enjoying chatting with you ^^
I just finished an exam for Operations and Supply Chain. Did really well and now I'm down to my last exam class + my capstone (like a dissertation)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 01:01:44 )

@Totalanimefan:
It ended August 1st! I goaled myself at drawing 30 pieces but only got to doing 20-- but that's still a success in my eyes xD

but yeah, I'm trying to learn how to focus as much on the positives that go on. serious stuff tends to take over my mind. but I've been reading my husband's books with helpful Buddhist stuff in it! it like cleans up my brain lmao

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 03:38:30 )

@Jolly: holy cow. 20 pieces is a lot.
I’m the same. Buddhist stuff really helps. I also like Tich Nah Han’s books. He just pasted away in the last year so it might be hard to find some of his books.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.