Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/28 17:50:41 )
@Rei Ann: Hubby playing as well is definitely helpful! I wonder if it'd be easier for you guys to get the double pack, haha. My parents spoiled me with the double pack of Sword & Shield, so I've been working my way through both, still haven't completed them though xDDD

I'm with you on the hope for a new Eevee, I'd love to see a ghost type or poison type ♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/29 01:29:18 )
@Alchemists Fire: Double pack would be a good idea to get, I just need to confirm with him. I don't think we will wait till cmas to get them. I need to get the dlc to finish sword and sheild.

Oh that would be lovely. I've always wanted a filing type eevee.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/29 08:15:58 )
@Rei Ann: I would get the double pack myself, but have no way of getting Scarlet to my boyfriend for him to be able to start playing on day 1

Ooh, Flying type Eevee would be cool!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/29 19:18:50 )
@Alchemists Fire: Ooh gotcha. Have you decided on the starter you might go with first?

Right, all the Eevees would be cool. Give me all the types.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/30 04:40:17 )
@Rei Ann: I'm really torn between Sprigatito and Fuecoco. I normally don't like the Grass starter, but I was absolutely in love with Rowlet and Litten and it completely broke my "always pick the fire starter" pattern xDD

Actually wait, that's not true, I picked Totodile in Pokemon Silver...but then picked Cyndaquil when I got Crystal xD
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/30 15:34:47 )

I think I posted about it in the event forum instead of here but I’m getting Violet. Preordered it on Friday.

Kinda wish we knew a bit more about the game but maybe it will be like Legends were we know almost nothing but the game is a ton of fun to play!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/30 18:23:52 )
@Alchemists Fire: I'm leaning towards Sprigatito. I am normally a water starter, but sometimes the water starter can be super cute and turns out to be super ugly at the end. This water starter looks to much like Donald Duck to me, that I have Kingdom Hearts flashbacks.

@Totalanimefan: It does seem like they'be been keeping a lot of the information under wraps, which seems super odd to me, but it world for Legends, so who knows. Also I need a Legends sequel.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/30 23:45:11 )

@Rei Ann: I want a sequel too!
I almost always pick the grass starter. That’s what I’m going with this Gen too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 14:52:19 )
@Totalanimefan: Well maybe we will get some news after this one. I just hope we know the evolution before the game comes out. That probably help me make my final choice.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 18:01:13 )

@Rei Ann: That would be nice. Did they do that for Gen 8? I don't remember.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 23:46:47 )
@Totalanimefan: I have no idea, I can't recall either.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 23:51:33 )

@Rei Ann: Maybe tomorrow we will get an update since it's Nov?
Not Pokemon, but I'm looking forward to Harvestella. It's a farming sim that's coming out on Friday.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 23:59:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Oooh, maybe.

I am also looking forward to that as well, but heard changes were being made based on demo feedback, so i threw it on my cmas list to wait for reviews, as Squareenix non final fantasy games, can be hit or miss.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 00:05:51 )

@Rei Ann: I would like at least one more big info reveal before Nov 19th.

Yeah I totally get that. I was hoping the reviews would be out today, but I guess they will be out tomorrow? I know they can be hit or miss but I did like how the developer was changing things based on feedback from the demo. Like time and some other things. I'm not sure if I were to get it, if I want it on the Switch or on Steam. I guess I'll have to see how the Switch version runs. I did play a little bit of the demo the other day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 00:17:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I hope so, I would like more pokemon info. Just one more mini direct or something.

Yeah, that's why I want a few reviews. I'm a bit picky with farm sim games, and after the most recent story of seasons game was crap, I wait now.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 16:09:21 )

@Rei Ann: Yeah that would be perfect.

I agree. I do like the Rune Factory series but 5 run like crap on the Switch so I had to rebuy it on Steam. But I don't like all farming sims. RF4S is the best one in my opinion but they also are the team that made the old harvest moon games, so I can see why. Which Story of Seasons was the most recent one so I know not to buy it?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 23:49:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Alright, so the team that made Rune Factory 4, is the team that made the old story of season and harvest moon games, as well as Rune Factory 5.

Granted, I think Rune Factory 5 needs more to it, but it's still pretty decent. As for the Switch, it's run like crap on it. the switch is outdated game tech, that needs an upgrade, it's time for Nintendo to put out a new console.

The Story of Season to avoid is Story of Season: Pioneers of Olive Town. It was suppose to be the company's 25th anniversary game, but because the normal crew was working on RF5, they hired a third party company to work on it, and well like the Hamilton musical might say, "They Sh*T the bed". It was trying to hard to be like stardew valley and other indie games, that it forgot all the magic they already had and existing things. you can find tons of issues about it online.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 03:01:27 )

@Rei Ann: yes I agree. The switch is not really able to keep up anymore. I bet you money there was gonna be a Switch Pro or something like that but cause of the pandemic and the chip shortage I think they canceled it. Cause way too many games are running like crap. Look at RF5, Bayo3, and some other newer games lol

Good to know I should avoid that one. I saw the special edition in the store the other day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 03:11:10 )
@Totalanimefan: I think so as well. I still hope that they will go through with is, because the Switch just can't do it anymore. I wonder if the SteamDeck will force them to make changes.

Yeah, def worth avoiding. While they did make changes to it, it wasn't enough to fix it. At least to the standards in priors game they made. The last one for the DS, SOS Trio of Three Towns is a million times better than SOS: POot.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 16:43:30 )

@Rei Ann: The Steamdeck is awesome. My husband has one, he signed up for it before it was out and he loves his. I haven't used it yet but I might for Harvestella if I get it on PC.
It's really too bad that refresh never happened. I wonder if it's going to move up the timeline for whatever is Nintendo's next gen?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.