Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Rune Factory 5 on Steam!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/14 00:10:51 )

RF5 came out today on Steam! It runs great and I don't remember the Switch version even though I had it and I love my Switch. It just runs horribly on the Switch.
Did anyone else get it for Steam? Anyone else already playing it? I just love the Rune Factory series.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 18:53:17 )
    I first came into the series with RF4 and I will still occasionally pop into it on my Switch for a few hours. I was very eager about RF5, but when it was finally released I just couldn't get myself to buy it because I think I was expecting a little bit more from the graphics. Not that the trailers, teasers, and early releases for reviewers didn't show me everything, but I keep hoping that this style of game will end up a bit more aesthetically pleasing like Breath of the Wild, or something in the same ballpark. The new technology the companies are using for designing the world of a game leaves a lot of this open space that's filled with textureless shapes, it feels.

There's always room for improvement in the future, of course.

I usually stick to the Switch because of its compact portability. That, and I don't have a computer setup designed for games. I've waffled for quite a while about getting into computer games so that I can customize some of them (where applicable) but I also know my own limits to this hobby.

Isn't the age-old question, 'who is your preferred marriage candidate?'

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 20:09:13 )

RF4S is a better entry. And if you are going to buy it, I don't recommend it on the Switch. You would have to go with PC. I do feel like they run out of time or money and were like, we have to release it the way that it is. I normally pick the Switch or a console release every day of the week but I just can't recommend it on the Switch. I had both and I traded in the Switch version when the Steam one was announced.

But at the same time it's amazing that we are even getting RF5 because in the beginning stages of making the game, the publisher when under, so it wasn't worked on for a long time. I think maybe because farming sims got so much more popular that the team was able to make it again? So I'm happy that there is a RF5, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I think the characters are very good in 5. I'm not sure who I should marry yet, and now that I can choose girls and boys I feel like there are a lot of options. 0-0
I think for girls I would choose Beatrice. For the guys I like all of them except Lucas and Ceil.

I'm hoping that with the money from RF5, that 6 will be outstanding and then will get the balance right and now how to make a 3D game.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 01:57:01 )
I'm like half tempted to get it from steam. I've put a lot of time in RF5 on the Switch, but the switch lags so bad. Even in simple games. They really need to release a switch too, plus I hear RF5 had mods that change some things I have issue with.

As I know someone might ask, it's the mods that make certain female characters a bit more dressed. Nothing wrong with that, but I felt that in this game half the female characters were too oddly sexualized for my taste.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.