Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Any Summer plans?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 17:05:58 )

I feel like summer is always a season where we like to do things or meet up with others. What plans do you have this summer?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 17:10:44 )

I'm pretty busy. I showed some friends from England, DC and NYC last week. It was a lot of fun.
July 4th is a big deal in DC and you can see the fireworks from my roof. My mom is coming down to see them.
July 17th is my bday, but I don't have any plans yet.
End of July I have my dad and his wife coming to see me, and during that time my sister is also flying in and we are going to Otakon together! (Also with the group I always go to Otakon with). I love Otakon, and I look forward to it every year!
Then in August I have a bachelor party and wedding to be apart of in August. It's in CA so I'm flying the week of the party, and staying until the wedding is over. I'm looking forward to eating all of the various asian foods that I used to love in the Bay Area. Like Beard Papa, and Shabuway, and Ramen Nagi. Oh and Teaspoon! They make the best boba tea!

Anyway, my summer seems kinda packed, but I think that's because I'm making up for all of the lost time in the last few years. I think it's going to be a fun summer.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 18:19:36 )
As of right now? None. Nada. Zip. Zero. I'm boring... and uninspired. :/ XD
I should take a road trip or something. I want somebody else to plan it, though :3

It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned, though - a lot of traveling!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 18:43:42 )
@totalanimefan: That sounds fun! We plan to go over to my Aunt's place for the fourth of July and maybe later in the month of July... depends on if my son can do summer school online or not, otherwise he might be coming back with us on the 6th from my Aunt's. Otherwise were just taking our summer one day at a time and right now enjoying it in the nice AC cooled apt.(It's 88degrees outside right now.)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 18:55:17 )

@Wildfire: A trip to the beach or having a backyard BBQ counts too! It's just that mine includes travel. I would say a backyard BBQ is a summer activity I really love.
Yeah lots of traveling and having people travel to me. One of the things I like about moving to DC is lots of friends and family want to visit me. No one ever wanted to visit me when I lived in the Bay Area lol (CA one)

@macsen191: It's 88F here right now too. Pretty hot.
I'm enjoying the late nights and lots of sunshine. Winter was pretty bleak this year. Going to someone's for the 4th is always a good idea. You guys going to have a BBQ?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:19:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we'll probably do BBQ with family at least - that's kind of a given. I really should think about being a little more social and invite some friends over for BBQ too :3 And the beach, yeah... and kayaking, maybe. I'd say camping as well, but I only have a tent and camping in FL in the summer is miserable if you can't get a break from the heat once in a while... and going out of state to someplace cooler during the height of summer for a few days makes the FL Summer feel so much worse when you get back (we made that mistake once. Once. Unless we can get out of the heat for two full months, it's not worth it - lol!)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:07:16 )
Jeez... I was talking about tornado's in another post and now were in a watch for one. Eeeks. I was thinking burgers and brats on the 4th. My Aunt has a nice grill so that would be cool. Or if I can remember how to cook it a pork butt in the slow cooker... I think all you add is Soy Sauce. With Corn on the cobb and mac salad... now I just made myself hungry, lol.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:38:26 )
Should they keep it on display...

I'm just doing more online school. No summer plans, the local pride event was moved to september. My family doesn't do 4th of July because my sibling and I are audio sensitive and don't particularly like the US as it is.

Or redecorate?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:41:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

well i don't really meet up with others due to covid and the now complexity
of moving, but i think this summer i will be drawing traditionally more
as it gets too hot for me to use my laptop to draw in the summer.

so im excited to further my art with other mediums.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 02:29:16 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Next weekend I'm going to a family reunion where we're going to have a big cookout. Otherwise, I think I'll just be inside my air-conditioned house patiently waiting for fall. ^^
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 02:40:54 )
      Possibly going to the river at the end of July, but other than that my plans are empty.
      And if gas prices stay insane, I will continue to have no plans. lol
      Can't afford to leave my bed anymore.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 20:07:54 )

Hadsie and I have plans to go to Toronto and attend Anime North next month!
I hope it all goes well and it's not stressful. ;; w;;

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 02:48:29 )
Going to a couple concerts back-to-back in July, assuming there are no cancellations from the artists. Going to see Dance Gavin Dance and Coheed and Cambria in Tampa, then The Wrecks in Orlando the next day! Going with hubs and my sibling, and knowing us, we'll probably explore more of Orlando the day after The Wrecks before coming home. Other than that, just taking things a day at a time. Contemplating finding some cons to go to IF my wallet agrees and if timing is good. I've been spending a lot recently and need to cool my jets a little haha. I went to MegaCon in Orlando a few weeks ago, and boy, was that a good way to kill my wallet. xDD But supporting local artists is what I love to do, plus of course going to celebrity panels. <3
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 04:31:42 )
Summer is the worst season for me so, I’m just trying to get thru it in one piece. We at least got our AC working again today so now I won’t melt

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 19:00:29 )
I'm visiting my girlfriend in Edinburgh, Scotland in like 13 days!! I'm gonna be over there for about a month and we'll be riding her motorbike down to Wales.
pm me if you're lonely, I'm always down to chat!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.