Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 21:54:57 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Agreed. When I was in CA for 5 years it was in the north. Are you closer to the desert or the coast? My sister still lives in San Diego.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 21:55:24 )

by the way how is your bunny count?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 22:35:32 )
      @Totalanimefan: I'm in the desert.
      0/10

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 01:24:40 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah I hate the desert too. -1/10
Loving the new avatar. 10/10

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 05:52:52 )
      @Totalanimefan: Only good thing about it here, limited humidity.
      I can not survive humidity.
      Otherwise I probably would have legitimately move in with my aunt and uncle in Michigan.

Thank-you! Wanted to make sure I used both the pride avis I made this month. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 13:30:08 )

@Anarchist Beauty: ugh but those winters though. I hear it’s a pretty state. One of my friends growing up was born and raised there and then moved to FL for high school.
This one is a nice one ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 17:37:25 )
      @Totalanimefan: Winters back East are different though.
      Like, I spent time in Indiana in January once.
      Yes, there was snow and it was actually hella cold but it wasn't unbearable?
      Like here, I can't survive 50 degree weather with a jacket.
      But in Indiana, it was like 8 o'clock at night and me and my friend were gonna go grab some rum and drink a little.
      Left the house in my pajamas and a hoodie, it was 7 degrees and I was fine.
      Didn't even shiver.
      But here, with no snow and much higher temperatures, I turn into a Chihuahua and shiver like hell.
      It's super weird.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 17:51:31 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Up north and east they hit different. Florida winter is 10/10 every day.
Maybe the difference is the humidity?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:19:27 )
      @Totalanimefan: Maybe, I don't really know.
      All I know, is I preferred Indiana's winter to Cali's. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:21:20 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Maybe you should visit your aunt and uncle in MI in the winter? See if you like that. Surely they are nicer than your grandma lol
Did you talk to your grandpa about a new mattress?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 21:20:16 )
      @Totalanimefan: It's tempting.
      I just don't know if I could survive the humid summers. lol

And no, I never got the chance. But I'll get to it.
      I'm narrowing down my mattress choices.
      Have yet to decide if I want to stick with a stupid spring one, or if I want to risk one of the springless in-a-box ones.
      Either way, I'm also planning on rearranging my room and getting a small but comfy chair to sit in so I don't murder my mattress again.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 22:49:53 )

@Anarchist Beauty: I guess after you like the trip in the winter you gotta try it out in the summer. It's not that bad it's AC. It takes moisture out of the air and cools.
What about one that's springs on the bottom and foam on the top? I have one like that and I like it.
A chair would be nice. I sit in a nice office chair during the day and I really like it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 22:50:13 )

I was going to try and earn another 100 bunnies today. I think I can do it XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 02:05:29 )
      @Totalanimefan: I was looking at maybe one of those disc or butterfly chairs.
      But I think I might have room for like a little armchair or something.
      Though the butterfly chair would be cheaper. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 03:54:48 )

@Anarchist Beauty: I don’t know if I know about a butterfly chair. -googles- are those are cute and they do tend to be cheaper. Are they good for using a laptop in?

Voltie — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 05:45:25 )
I used to live in California before moving overseas and I remember the bay area climate being a huge issue for my dry skin. I had to deal with peeling, chafing skin a lot, as well as itchiness. I'm in a more humid environment now which brings other skin issues for me but my skin isn't as dry except in winters.

How's everyone today/this evening? I'm continuing breaking in a pair of doc martens I bought weeks ago since I haven't had much opportunity to wear them out and about due to the heat, but hopefully they'll be ready and comfy by fall... I have so many outfits that would go well with them.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 06:41:18 )
      @Totalanimefan: I have tv tray things so that's not a worry for me.
      I just need a comfy chair.

@Aradia: Cali is garbage for many reasons. lol

I'm doing alright today.
      Got more sleep again last night, so I'm hoping that continues and my insomnia spell is done.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 14:52:35 )

Aradia:
I used to live in California before moving overseas and I remember the bay area climate being a huge issue for my dry skin. I had to deal with peeling, chafing skin a lot, as well as itchiness. I'm in a more humid environment now which brings other skin issues for me but my skin isn't as dry except in winters.

This was me 100% when I lived in the Bay Area (San Jose). I have dry skin and my skin really didn't like it living in CA. I'm in DC now and I only have to worry about it in the winter here.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 14:53:00 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Oh that works out. Maybe FB marketplace would have one for cheap?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/25 03:17:57 )
      @Totalanimefan: Oh, that's an idea!
      Thanks, I hadn't even thought of that. lmao

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.