Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My dog is sick

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/24 20:57:18 )

And the vets don’t really know why.
On Sunday he was throwing up.
On Monday he was throwing up and had bloody stool. We took him to the vet.
They don’t know what’s wrong. They gave him some stuff so he would live and ran tests on him.
But today (Tuesday) he’s still low energy and not eating. Although he is drinking and not throwing up or pooping.

He hasn’t gotten into anything as he sleeping and hangs out in a pen since he pees in the house. We don’t give him any human food either. He is however 14 years ago. So not young.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 13:15:34 )
I hope he feels better soon! Sending positive vibes towards you and your pup.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 15:30:30 )

@macsen191: Thank you. He's doing a little better today. I got him to eat the GI food the vet gave me.
He is having an ultrasound today. 3 days in a row I had to go to the vet for him.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 16:08:54 )
    Could it be stress from the move? I’m sorry he’s still ill, I hope he improves soon!!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 18:39:57 )
It's amazing what we do for our animals. Years ago at one vet visit I just had to pay for the meds which was like $20 cuz our little bit of everything dog wouldn't let the vet see him(tried to bite him) and peed on the vet tech... so they just sent him home with some meds to make his stomach stop hurting or something and a keep a close eye on him.(He somehow got up on the table where a whole triple red velvet cake with chocolate chips in the frosting was and ate the whole thing.) He had explosive diaherra, the next few days but was fine. I swear that dog had an iron stomach...

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 06:10:07 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I wish your dog a speedy recovery!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 16:18:46 )
Oh i´m so sorry to hear, i hope your pup is doing better by now-will get better soon!
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 17:15:01 )

@sunny: That's the only thing I could think of, but he was really near death's door this time. It's also killing my husband and I with the amount of near death experiences this dog is having.

@macsen191: Wow. My dog cost me over $1000 this week in vet bills and meds. And two weeks ago it was another $1000 for him.

@GoblinsAndTea: Thank you. A few days later he's finally kinda being himself. My husband and I are so stressed.

@Siron: Thank you. He's eating again. So that's a good sign but he's only eating the GI food the vet gave us.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 19:39:21 )
    @Totalanimefan: :( pets are so expensive like that!!! It's mad! It sounds like he's doing a little better, so that's good :) but yeah, it's added stress that you don't need!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 20:06:43 )

@sunny: Yeah I went to the vet 3 times this week (Mon, Tues and Wed) because he wasn't getting better. It seems like today is better? Still not eating as much, but he's eating. He had to have an ultrasound yesterday. They think there is something wrong with his panaceas. But they aren't exactly sure so they sent the files to an expert for review.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 20:19:14 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh, I hope the expert gets back to you soon. And I hope your poor guy is OK :( at least he is eating now, is he drinking enough?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 21:49:43 )

@sunny: I'm not sure if he's drinking enough. His new food is wet, and he's peeing a lot still. I have water near him at all times, but maybe he just drinks when I'm sleeping.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 21:56:11 )
    @Totalanimefan: ah that could explain it, wet food does count for a lot of their water needed.
    My dog cost us a bunch of money too recently. He had a lump removed and biopsied, but it grew back within a month :( he is fine for now but idk what we are going to do long term.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 22:04:40 )

@sunny: Oh no, that's really horrible. it's like, even though it's ok right now, what could happen to him later?
How old is he?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:53:46 )
    @Totalanimefan: he's 8. The biopsy came back good, it's not cancer or anything, but they did say it has a chance of rupturing.... :( dogs!!! So annoying!!! Lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 19:24:35 )

@sunny: That's good and bad news all in one.
The vet called back. He needs more testing to know what it is. Treatment options look like surgery or monthly shots.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 20:19:47 )
    @Totalanimefan: omg surgery?? That's a big deal :o I hope it doesn't come to that. Shots sound like a safer option for him. Do they have any idea what it is?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 20:29:48 )

@sunny: He needs two tests to see what it is, but if it's one of the two things that they think it might be, the answer is surgery, but my husband and I don't want that for him. He's too old and has too many health problems so he probably wouldn't live through it anyway.
If it's the other thing they think, then it's shots monthly.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 14:32:08 )
Awwww.... poor puppy. I hope you guys (vet included) figure out what's going on with him soon and that he's feeling better quickly. It's never easy when a pet (or a child) gets sick. :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 17:05:58 )

@Kory: Thank you <33 I'm sorry about Pea. </3
He's doing a little better but he needs tests to see if it's cancer or something else.

@Wildfire: Thank you so much. It's just been so much, and he's never not bounced back when dealing with him being sick. Its heart breaking. He is a bit better today, but it took like 4 days for him to recover and he's still on lots of meds.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.