Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It's looking like Spring outside!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 20:10:26 )

We are about a week into April now and most of the trees and plants around here have started to bloom. I can't wait until my two trees start being full with leaves. Only the bottoms have started leafing again. I'm pretty sure that Winter is finally long gone for me.

What is it like near you? Are you happy that it's Spring?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 21:51:12 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

it's getting warmer where i live so it is definitely getting closer to spring.
tho the weather is still kinda up and down. keeps going from warm to cold and back to warm again lolol.
I'm only sad to leave winter behind because i can't get super cozy in my blankets anymore lol.
Tho i fear summer as it gets way too hot in my house with NO A/C.
I do not look forward to that.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 22:17:07 )

@MoodyB: Yeah summer is way hotter than it used to be. You live near mountains right? Or at a higher elevation? It's not yet spring that far up.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 22:55:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I don't live in the mountains LOL.
I live in a state where there are mountains but i live in a kinda suburb sort of area.

we have high elevation i believe. so it's not quite here yet.
but it is supposed to get into the 70's on saturday.
today it's in the 60's.
60's is perfect weather for me. once it gets 70's or higher i disapprove lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 23:01:47 )
    Spring is kind of started here??? Lots of rain and cold weather etc, but the daffodils have bloomed and that always means spring is sprung. My raspberry bush is flowering again. Hopefully the weather will catch up

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 00:43:12 )
It's been getting warmer here slowly. The grass was just barely starting to green up on Wednesday, then Thursday we got more snow/ice dumped on us along with very strong wind.

And now today everything's melted again and its back to being somewhat nice, but still chilly from the crazy wind.

Hopefully the weather will make up its mind soon about if its spring or not.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:02:14 )

April showers are in full swing over here. The bridge and main street of my town is flooded right now. Once that gets dealt with though, I'm so so ready for the return of greenery and flowers!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:11:44 )

@MoodyB: Oh I see. I like both 60's and 70's. Maybe if you have an open window and a t-shirt on you can make it through the 70's days.

@sunny: Ours started blooming in early march. We are getting our tulips in right now :) Will you be having fresh raspberries this summer?

@Kay: It's always nice when the grass starts growing in. I just want to see green again. Maybe spring will come to you next weekend? Winter is still fighting with it.

@jaynaiir: Oh no, is everything ok? We got a lot of rain this week too in DC. Like 3 straight days.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:18:46 )

@totalanimefan: ayy east coast! I live in nys, so we probably got the same rain. It was about 3 days for us too. Everyone's alright, the bridge is down though so anyone leaving or entering town from one side is outta luck.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:23:43 )
@Totalanimefan:

Yeah, hopefully won't be too much longer.

We got a bunch of Perrenial flowers and plants in at work yesterday and it's got me itching to get to digging in my landscaping. Got a lot that needs done before I can put plants in though. I've been meaning to tackle the landscaping for two summers now. Maybe this year.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:33:00 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: windows are open.
but i have pretty much no t-shirts that even fit.

my house also is poorly insulated. so in the summer it will be 90's inside the house up to the 100's
and it's horrible indoors. and windows can't really stay open all night as they are broken, so someone
can easily break into my house.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 12:49:46 )

★彡 The trees hasn't fully woken up yet here but it is getting warmer now.
But it has been raining a lot which is a good sign~ 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 15:13:49 )

@jaynaiir: Hey we aren't that far apart! Last week (before I had Rona) I was in NYC. It was during that arctic cold front though! Not the best time to be walking around haha. Are you from there? Did you move to that area? Which bridge?

@Kay: When is the normal date of your last frost? I'm sure you will be able to plant them soon.

@MoodyB: My house is also poorly insulated. I feel you on that. It's really hard when the house is always freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer. I also have a broken window in my bedroom and a lot of my windows are old and painted shut, but lots have gaps at the tops of the windows.

@Purpsy: Rain is a good sign. It was raining a lot for me this week but the trees and flowers really loved it. I can't wait until the trees all have leaves again! That's probably the 2nd worse part of winter is the no green.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 16:18:31 )

@totalanimefan: I actually live a few hours out of NYC! I'm not from there, but my boyfriend grew up in Brooklyn and I've visited many-a-time. Also yeah, not a fan of the snow or cold- so that cold front after it starting to warm up made me sad. Hahah, back to warmer weather now though!! Its raining again today so the bridge probably will not be fairing well for another day.

Hear now the words of the witches,
The secrets we hid in the night…

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 16:41:15 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: True but I also like when everything is covered in snow is very pretty. The worst part is when all the snow melts x.x
Even woooorst part is when it rains after it snowed and everything is just... mushy
彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 16:45:22 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh tulips are so pretty. What colours?
    I hope we’ll be having fresh raspberries this summer, I am looking forward to it. Last year they tasted gross because it was the first fruiting, but this year i am hopeful for them!!! I want them with cream and lemonade :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 20:39:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah. we plan to move when we can. im sure every rent payment went to my land lady's renevated bathroom and not to things thst need to get fixed x. x

summer and winter are the worst for us.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 01:59:55 )

@jaynaiir: My bad. I shouldn't have assumed. I'm glad the weather is warming up too. Winter wanted to stick around and it wasn't welcome lol

@Purpsy: Right after it rains is very pretty. Also not a fan of the melting part and then it just becomes ice.

@sunny: Mostly I've seen Red and White. ^^ Yummy, I'm sure they will be good this season.

@MoodyB: I hope it gets better for you guys. Do you guys have blackout curtains? That helps keep the heat out a bit.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 02:02:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: Yup we have them in our room
but since it's upstairs and heat rises it does not help a whole lot
so we usually suffer downstairs where it's cool but not super cool lol.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 02:03:13 )

@MoodyB: I've noticed that the upper floor of my house is much warmer too. You can even feel it when you are coming up the stairs.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.