Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Rona came to visit

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/2 23:26:00 )

So my in-laws are British. There are no more mask rules and testing rules and stuff there. My husband's mom was sick but she just said it was a cold from her grandson. The cough was pretty bad and she said that she had it for a week or something. We didn't think anything of it because people get colds from little kids all the time. They did have an at home test before they came, but those aren't 100% accurate. But now looking back she did say that she couldn't smell a candle when we were at a store.

They left yesterday after being here for a week. Last night my husband started to not feel well. Today we took a test and he tested positive, I didn't, but I think it's because I only have a sore throat atm. My texted his parents and his dad has it, but his mom's 'cold' cleared up while she was here and she didn't test positive.
I did sleep next to my husband last night, so I think I'm going to get it, but I'm cleaning the house while I feel ok and I ordered us some electrolyte drinks too. We will sleep in separate rooms until I also test positive.

UPDATE: I tested postitive
And since we are at different stages of the virus we should stay in separate rooms.

Update 4/8: Just took another test cause it's Friday, a week since they left and I still tested positive.
Update: 4/11: Took another test, it's Monday. Still positive. Able to taste more, but still low energy and a bad cough.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 00:41:07 )
    :( that sucks, I hope you don't get it or at least don't get it bad :( I hope you have everything you need to feel better if you do end up getting it!! This whole situation sucks. People here are really acting like Covid is over. No one wears masks any more and people just go where they want when they want... :(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 03:40:35 )

@sunny: Yeah she works at a petrol station and she was like I don't wear my mask while on my shift since the mandate ended except for rare occasions 0-0
I kinda can't believe the way the UK is with it all either. I feel like you expect it from the US but not the UK lol

@koneko Thanks. I wonder if just having what I have now, the weird feeling throat counts as symptom or asymptom? Cause my husband is the one with the fever and bad cough and feels like crap. I'm sleeping in the office on the couch. Good thing I already washed the sheets and had things ready. If you did have it, it's good that's all you had. I did have a cold in Dec (from the same person) but I took a lot of tests and they were all negative and my husband never got it even though we slept in the same bed, so it couldn't have been Rona.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 03:42:45 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Oh No i hope your husband is able to recover soon!
and hoping you do not get it or at least a very minor case of it.

Hoping you both will rest and recover well.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 03:44:46 )

@MoodyB: Thank you so much <33

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 06:57:31 )
Get well soon you will get a bad cold but it isnt as bad though

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 14:55:42 )

@Miss Sandman: Thanks <33

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 21:07:04 )
    @Totalanimefan: I feel like people are tired of the restrictions and want it to be over so much.... And the government has removed all restrictions and pretty much said we can go back to normal, and people are so occupied with the war that Covid just gets forgotten... It's such a shame. :( how do you feel today?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 22:04:03 )

@sunny: Yeah exactly. I want this to be over too, but acting like it is, when it isn't, isn't the solution.
I feel about the same as yesterday. Some energy still, but a weird feeling throat and only coughing once in a while. My husband's cough does not sound good. We are both still able to taste and smell.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 14:44:10 )

@KDA Drew: That really sucks! I hope that you recover soon

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 22:31:12 )

How are your symptoms now? Hope you both have minor cases!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 23:39:03 )

@Kent: I couldn't sleep last night. I have aches and pains, elevated heart rate. Sometimes I cough, sometimes I need to blow my nose
Husband said he feels better than yesterday but still a nasty cough and worse chills than me.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 09:45:59 )
@Totalanimefan: hows cov going

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 13:24:17 )

@Miss Sandman: Thanks for checking up on me. I slept, but it's still hard to sleep with Rona. Even if I take nighttime medicine.
Luckily no more chills/fever/aches today. But my cough is much worse and my throat hurts A LOT. Even with cough drops I'm still coughing.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 14:34:23 )
You guys are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery! We had it over Christmas break(Dec 29th I got mine) and I didn't start to feel better til middle of Jan, and still had a cough til middle of Feb.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 15:22:04 )
@Totalanimefan: oh yeah its horrible with the sleep. Iam negative today! So i think you will get well soon too!! All the Things i had too and i lost my Taste xD

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 19:31:45 )

@Totalanimefan: That sucks! Take care of yourself! Maybe tea will help?

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 20:00:15 )

@macsen191: thanks for letting me know your recovery times. Were you vaxxed? I’m not looking forward to having this cough for months.

@Miss Sandman: well that’s good that you are negative today! How long did you have it for?
I didn’t know the not sleeping was a thing until my Dr told me.

@Kent: the tea has been helping. I only have it about once a day because I’m literally that low energy that I can’t make it more than that.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 22:13:06 )
@Totalanimefan: it took me 13 days Till negative. Yeah i got the no sleeps for 3 days its so frustrating!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 22:16:29 )

@Miss Sandman: It was day two of no sleep, but maybe after tonight I'll be able to sleep again lol
I'm on day 3 and my husband on day 5, so we will see.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.