Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It’s snowing here!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 21:37:37 )

I’m sure it is for a lot of you in the US today. A huge winter storm hit the middle and eastern US yesterday and today. Stuff was already starting to bloom here and it was 80 earlier in the week and yet today we got hit with a winter storm. My mom lives in PA (north of me for those not in the US) and she had a Blizzard warning today! I hope the Cherry Blossoms will be ok. They said as long as it doesn’t get below 24F for a long time they will be fine, but overnight it is going to get that cold.
So I’m staying inside and upstairs today, since downstairs is so cold in my house. I did bake some cookies because they are yummy and added warmth to my house lol.

How much snow did everyone get today or yesterday? Before this storm was it already seeming spring-like to you?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 21:42:48 )
    No snow in England. It was a pretty average British day here, getting closer towards spring. I got to do some outside errands I needed to do without being bothered by rain. What kind of cookies did you bake?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 21:47:48 )

@sunny: That sounds nice. We are very much at the start of spring here, and then this storm just came in and was like, NO! Lol
What errands did you do? I just made chocolate chip cookies that are from the store. You buy them refrigerated and then you bake them. I’m pretty sure I had seen something like that when I lived in the UK.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 21:49:58 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh yeah sure, we have those cookies. Tasty!!! Nothing beats a cookie that is still warm from the oven :)
    I was waterproofing a bunch of shoes. It was actually pretty windy and the wind was carrying away the waterproofing spray as I sprayed it, so idk if I will need to do it again lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 22:35:59 )

@sunny: Totally agree. I just love baked goods and they are even better right out of the oven.
That windy weather is so British lol. I hope that you don't have to do it again. That sounds like a pain.

It stopped snowing here. I think it's done for the day, but the temps will continue to get colder.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 23:19:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

It has been very cold at night but here in CO it's already acting like it's spring.
it's actually 60 today.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 23:46:06 )

@MoodyB: Wow that's awesome! How are you liking your taste of spring? That's the kind of weather we have been getting around here lately. But it snowed today instead T_T
And of course it had to be on a Saturday, so I couldn't even enjoy a day off lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 00:03:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I'm not liking it too much.
But that is because i seriously have no clothes for spring time lolol
It is nice to open the windows tho to get some fresh air in the house.

but i fear spiders are going to be coming in.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 00:44:41 )

@MoodyB: Oh, what happened to your spring clothes?
I love being able to open the windows. I did that a few times this week. I think if you don't open the bottom floor windows, or if you have a screen you should be alright.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 00:57:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: a gained too much weight over the course of 2 years
and dropping my Birth control.
I basically went from petite to a bit over chubby in the span of 2 years.
so nothing fits and all i have is 2 pair of sweatpants, 2 shirts maybe and a sweater or two lol.

we have a spider that lives outside our window.
so the second we opened our window just the other day a spider came in.
my sister is convinced that the spider that used to live outside our window her babies are coming into our window...
which is a terrifying thought lol
but nothing will be done about it so not even gonna tell the land lady.
and they also enter through the vents...so either way doomed LOL.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 01:08:47 )

@MoodyB: Oh I see. Around the house I just wear PJ shorts, do you have those?
OMG I wouldn't want that. The spider can stay outside.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 01:17:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I don't like wearing shorts
just because i have a skin condition on my legs and arms and it's not something i can
get rid of easily.
so i quite hate showing skin of any sort.
so for now i'll just wear sweatpants.

Pajamas don't make me feel good when i wear them. like i feel like im a slacker.
idk makes me feel bad im not doing more i guess?

yeah i hope so. one of them got lost in our room. meaning one minute it was on the wall the next it was gone.
so now am terrified to go near my desk.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 01:43:37 )

@MoodyB: That makes sense. If sweatpants are what works for you own it :)
I'm wearing PJ pants today cause it's cold. :) Your home is about feeling relaxed and safe. So in my eyes you can wear whatever you want. ^^

It's probably not there, right? lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 01:46:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I just never feel comfortable in anything i wear.
or just not comfortable in my body probably.
always feel i need to be doing way more than i am LOL.

i hope not but i will not be going near my desk for a while lolol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 02:11:12 )

@MoodyB: Maybe that means you should wear nothing? lol
What will you do if you can't be at your desk?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 02:22:02 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i need to go shopping tbh.
at least get some high waisted jeans or pants.
I want to restyle my whole wardrobe anyways. Kinda want to throw away the old me lol.

i sit in bed anyways. i haven't sat at my desk in forever.
mostly because i have to pump up my yoga ball. but my desk isn't good for my height.
it's on the tad short side for me as i am 5"8
and it just is uncomfortable to sit at. but want to sit at it to maybe find a better
position to sit in as i work on art.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 03:11:28 )

@MoodyB: that sounds awesome. I bought some high waisted jeans at a 2nd hand store and I really like them! I wear them a lot. We clothes will make you feel like a new person. :)
You are so tall. I had no idea. I’m only 5’2 lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 03:18:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah. just no idea when i'll get new clothes lol

yeah i come from a family where most of us are tall. grandma is 5"7[and my sis is the same height]
and my mom was roughly 5"9 and my dad is 6"0.
so toll family.
so I need to get rid of yet another desk. but i found a decent one from ikea that isn't terribly priced.
but yeah. too tall for my desk. and it also has a drawer in the middle for a keyboard but because of it
my legs don't have much room.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 14:43:13 )
I got zero snow. But I'm in the southern US, in semi-tropical Florida... and we too are being affected by this storm front. The temperatures dropped substantially in a very quick period of time and I'm wondering what damage may have happened to my newly growing and blooming garden between the temperature drop (freeze warnings!) and the gale-force winds (I haven't been brave enough to check yet). I'm just glad that the storms that came through were not as bad as they were saying to expect :3

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 18:30:52 )

@Wildfire: That sounds like a lot for your poor garden. It's probably early enough in the season that you can rebuild.

@MoodyB: Wow super tall. What's it like being that tall? There are a lot of things I can't reach at 5'2 lol
For sure you need a better desk for you. What about looking into 'mens' desks. Those probably would be better for your height.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.