Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests .:`* [Vegan's Wishlist] - [Updated: August 18th, 2022] - [Come keep me company!] *`:.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 22:55:14 )

@Vegan: I actually had chickpea pasta for lunch ^^
What are you fav fruits? Fruit has gotten so expensive in the US lately.
I'm doing well. I think I'm getting better when it comes to long covid. I was able to clean on Friday. I also submitted a presentation for school yesterday.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 23:08:35 )
@Totalanimefan:
I tried Banza (which is chickpea-based), but, wasn't a big fan. I feel I made it wrong.
How did you like it though? :3 I have heard mixed opinions from different people.

My favorite fruits are almost any, but, my top favs:

Banana, Apple (golden delicious /or/ pink lady, I also enjoy fuji and jonagold + few others I don't remember names off the top of my head), Blueberry, Peach, Pear, Watermelon, Honeydew, Mandarin, Plum, Pineapple, Avocado, Strawberry, Blackberry, Pomegranate, Starfruit, Guava, Elderberry (raw it's poisonous, but cooked into a syrup is nice), Apricot (especially apricot jam? YUM), Medjool Dates, Capers, Jackfruit (I want to try fresh as I heard it tastes like my favorite gum growing up - juicy fruit). - Let's be honest, I like a lot, except the ones I am allergic to, also, yes, I lumped in berries/etc in this.

Glad to hear things are on the mend for you and oh goodness, presentations make me anxious, I wish you the best of luck with it! How is the loved one doing with their side?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 23:13:22 )

@Vegan: I tired one called Goodie I think is the name. I really liked it.
We like pretty much the same stuff. I really, really love Honeycrisp Apples, Watermelon, Elderberry syrup and Oranges from FL (where I'm from). I enjoy pretty much all fruit and love it.

Thank you. I recorded me doing it yesterday so let's hope I pass.
He is low energy too but seems to be improving. Still on anti-acid meds for his stomach.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 13:33:33 )
@Totalanimefan:

Glad to hear you liked it! Oranges are so good, I really want to eat them more! xD;
Also, honeycrisp apples are nice, sometimes too bitter for me, but, delicious!
Fruit truly is so good, I love it so much and am excited it's getting warmer for fresh fruit.

No problem! I hope that things have gone well for you since we spoke last.
Antacids are never any fun. I remember when I had gallstones, I relied on them a lot.
After having my gallbladder taken out, I have had them far less vs popping them like candy.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 15:44:20 )

@Vegan: One of the best things about summer is all of the fresh and in season fruit! I can't get enough of it!

I did pass that class cause I passed my presentation. Yesterday was moving day for us, and it was stressful at first and he was even getting stomach acid through his meds. Good that you are better now. How's your headache?

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/3 13:51:27 )
@Totalanimefan:

Fresh fruit especially in the summer is so great! I hope you're keeping cool with warmer weather coming.

Heck yea! I am glad to hear you passed your presentation. Moving is always stressful and stomach acid sucks!

Life has got so busy on my side, I apologize again for disappearing, things have been getting better.

My headaches have been going away slowly, taking their time, but, learning what triggers them helps.

Since March 1st (this year) I have lost 13.7 pounds (0.96 stone / 6.08 kilograms) and I am so proud of it!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/3 21:17:12 )

@Vegan: Wow congrats on the weight lost! That's a big deal. I hope that you can start to feel better most days instead of some days. Is it still food that triggers your headaches?

I'm keeping cool, it was very hot this week, but now this weekend it's not so bad. :) My dog was sick last week, but now he is doing better again. I have company coming to stay with me this week. They come tomorrow.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/3 22:55:35 )
@Totalanimefan:
Thank you so much and it definitely is a big deal for me especially since I stalled!
Thank you also so much for wishing me better days ahead with my health.

Food still triggers headaches/migraines because I am stubborn and keep eating gluten grains.
(I have been learning more about what triggers issues for me, so it will help long term to do better).

This week has been pretty cool here weather-wise, but, we had a few warm days, wasn't a fan. xD;
Glad your puppo is better! Also, I hope you enjoy the company over the week!

Always good to hear from you by the way and I appreciate you always coming around.
Need to update my donated items list today as my friend gave me some items to have rainbow stuffs! :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 00:15:29 )

@Vegan: Honestly I'm so happy for you, and happy for anyone who wants to better their health. I'm always 100% behind it and excited.
It's very hard to be gluten-free. I'm sure you are trying hard. ^^

Thank you. Company will be here in a few hours and I worked very hard this week to unpack, finish my class and set up their room for them.

Yeah of course. I like chatting to you. ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 10:04:05 )
@Totalanimefan:
You're always so sweet TAF. I appreciate you so much. Thank you again (and thank you for the trade).

I have more updates than just my own physical health, but, my mental health is getting better.
Sometimes? It just takes time and patience to get to where we want to be, but, we are doing it.

I hope everything goes well for you and that I will see you after the week as I am sure you'll be busy.

As far as food goes? It could be going better, obviously, but, I am learning what sets off pain.

(I am fairly sure it is gluten-based-grains/foods, but, it could also be a vegetable/fruit my body doesn't like too much too)*.
*(Growing up I was sensitive to rosemary, now? Not many issues, same with coconut and I can 'handle' it now).

My body is different in the aspect that sometimes, I am fine with something, other times? Big nope. xD;

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/13 14:28:35 )

@Vegan: It's no problem. Sorry that it took a week to get to you because I was away doing rl things lol

That's great! You somehow knew I would be gone for the whole week. We really packed a lot into the week. Maybe too much, but it's ok, we wanted to see a lot. I walked 70 miles last week.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 12:13:39 )
@Totalanimefan:
No worries, real-life things happen and as you can see, I got busy myself.
I fell back off track with a lot and trying to get back into the swing of things.

As of May 20th, I have been put back on ADHD medication and doing better mentally.
Been on a waiting list for EMDR as of January this year and was waiting to hear back.

A few days ago? Week or week and a half ago? I got an email recently saying I may start in October!
I am very nervous, but, I know it will help. I also really need to work on updating this list. xD;

Hope all is going well for you! Sounds like the move took a lot, but, you did/are doing it!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 15:32:38 )

@Vegan: that’s great. I did EMDR for two years before the pandemic. It really helps. It’s not a cute all but it helped me a lot with my PTSD.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 00:58:54 )
@Totalanimefan:
Life has a few negative things that happened about a week ago, but, life goes on.
Reading about people's experiences in EMDR sound like it can be scary, but, helpful.
More than anything, nervous and hopeful it will be good and get answers to questions. ;o;

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 04:05:14 )

@Vegan: I’m sorry. That really sucks.
It’s something that helps a lot. :)

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 01:16:47 )
@Totalanimefan:
No need to be sorry, I just would like to move on with my life without stress. :3
I am glad it helped you a lot and while I am nervous about a lot of it, I feel it will help a lot.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 23:08:52 )

@Vegan: It's hard not to be nervous about something new, even if your logical brain says it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure after you understand it and experience it, it will be better. ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 13:02:39 )
@Totalanimefan:
Fingers crossed. I have many people who have said it helps a lot.
I am just very anxious about it all and I just really hope it goes well.

I've been needing to edit my first post, so, I plan on working on that when less dizzy.
Feeling better than what I have been, but, still not feeling too great which sucks.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:09:42 )

@Vegan: Yes of course. I'm the same way, like when I went to the cardiologist for the first time, I logically knew that it would be fine, but I was so anxious and scared! I even cried at one point cause I got freaked out, but I think if I went back I wouldn't be as worried.

That's awful. Do you know what's causing it? Maybe stress?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/18 11:25:57 )
@Totalanimefan:

Oh my goodness I feel that sort of anxiety as well, I also would like to say that it's sometimes your own gut intuition that knows exactly what is going on, but, it's up to you to fill the final puzzle pieces in place if that makes sense. Some would say my fears are irrational, and some would say justified. An example of one time I felt I would say some irrational fears became justified in a matter of 3 hours. To say we all know ourselves better than anyone else? Is severely an understatement. My mother raised me to follow my gut, so, I do that. Also, what I have learned in meditation it's that we have 3 forms of a gut. The brain, heart, and gut - for me, if one is off, the rest are sure to soon follow. Especially with a lot, I have gone through lately. I want to take more time to listen and observe instead of assuming.

Early one morning (I still consider it evening until around 5AM) at 2AM, I told my parents, "I feel like something deeper is wrong, it's hard to lay down, catch my breath, and I feel a sharp stabbing pain in my chest." (Something to note is, my dad has had open heart surgery when I was a kid, so, he knows the pain too well of something being wrong and no one listening). - After an hour of not being able to sleep with mom resting on dad's recliner next to me in the living room, she could hear my breath seemed shallow and sharp.

Emergency personnel arrived, and after 30 minutes, they said my vitals seemed fine, just blood pressure was slightly higher than standard. I felt that seriously something was wrong, he could see how much pain I was in to even stand up so he made the informed decision to take me in. The doctor I had was horrible (glad he got fired, found out only recently he did for some stuff he did in his off time that is a big yikes), telling me, "So, you're in so much pain that if I were to shoot you, you're saying what you feel is worse?" I said, "Well, of course not..." his response? "So, your pain may be more like a 4 or 5..." I said, "I say 7 or 8, I am sensitive to pain."

Around 5AM, I hear outside my curtain door, "Do you want me to tell her it wasn't all in her head, or, you?" and I hear the doctor reply, "You're only a nurse if you want to tell her? Go ahead." and he yelled (my favorite nurse I've seen many times before), "I can't believe we missed this before." so the doctor who got fired yelled, "You fucking go and tell her then! I have other shit to do with my time." A deep sigh came out of his mouth as he walked in smiling, "We got answers. You have gallstones." so I said, "Mom is in the bathroom.. but, I heard you.. and him.. thank you for fighting for me." and you can just see his eyes well up and he walked over, hugged me, "You were right all along, I expressed concerns after you left last time and I am tired of not being heard. Maybe this time, they will listen."

I told him I would do my best to express how he listened to me more than everyone else ever did. I went through my medical records and it took them less than 4 hours to find what was wrong, but, 7 to 10 visits to the ER or Urgent Care and no one saw anything in that entire year span?! Ooof. - It turns out now when I search that nurse's name I trust? He has become a doctor for the hospital and took over the position that the doctor who gave me hell did, glad that things are working out well for him.

Hit reply too soon, sorry about that, but, I am thinking stress is causing it amongst many other things going on. ; w;

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.