Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Shin Megami Tensei V! (Nov 12th release date)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/10 02:59:46 )

OMG OMG It's just a few more days away and I'm so excited to play this game. I've played 3 and 4. This looks like it will be the best one so far? Who knows. The storylines are unrelated in each game so you can play whichever ones you want. Think like Final Fantasy.

Is anyone else excited for this game? Anyone else going to pick it up on launch?

Link to one of many trailers - Youtube video here

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/10 04:20:33 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Totalanimefan:

Meeeeee!!! I’m so excited for it, it’s suppose to arrive day of release I preordered it through Best Buy! Poor animal crossing is only getting a week to shine with me.

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/10 16:57:11 )

@Spider: Yeah same, played AC last/this week, then SMTV! Then a week after that, Pokemon Gen 4 remakes. lol
Where am I going to have time for classes and the holidays? lol

I'm going to get the digital version so that I can play it all the time without having to carry the card. I'm not the best at not losing those lol. Also means I can play at midnight.
That's cool that you ordered it through Best Buy. I like to buy my stuff there since they have a good rewards program. I miss their gamers club unlocked where for $30 a year you could get a 20% discount on all games you bought there. It was great lol

I wonder if the fusion system will be similar to 4's. I really liked that one, I'm about to finish 3 and I feel like it's so plain and hard to level up monsters, but then again it is a 20 year old game lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/11 01:02:19 )
I plan to add the game to my christmas list. Way to many games are coming out this Nov.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/11 01:28:20 )

@Rei Ann: Yes, I can't believe how many games are coming out atm. It's a lot to keep track of. Personally I'm getting this and Pokemon Remakes next week and then I told myself no more until Pokemon Arcues in Jan.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/12 02:02:45 )

@Totalanimefan:

Update: Best buy just emailed me that its being shipped so I probs wont have it until next week sobs

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/14 03:11:26 )

@Spider: OMG NO!!!! That's not cool. You should cancel it and just pick it up at a store. That's BS. (I'm sure your store has copies right?)
I played it all of yesterday and lots today and it's really a great game!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/14 04:55:17 )

@Totalanimefan:

The store has copies but I ordered the steel book and had a $30 reward I applied, it showed up today and I’ve been playing it nonstop now!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/14 05:07:44 )

@Spider: Oh then it was worth it to keep it lol
Yay I'm really happy that you got it today. How many hours in are you? What level are you? I've been taking the game really slow and I've been looking everywhere for the Miman lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/14 22:14:14 )

@Totalanimefan: I am about seven hours in and currently level 18ish, I kept getting killed by a sidequest demon. This game is hard even on casual.

As it should be but still/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/15 17:35:14 )

@Spider: I'm 24 hours in, about. I've been taking my time with everyone. Is the side quest boss a bird? That one was really hard, but you can avoid it. I just fought it until I won. If it's the bird I was level 22 I think, and I used Shiisa or something like that.
If it's not that one, let me know which one it is and I could give you tips if you want them. Although by now you probably beat it since it's been 19 hours lol

I just beat one of the mid-bosses for area two, and boy, that took me a while. Damn their lighting and high attack stat. Lost a few times, then I won and I didn't get to save it, got into a quest boss battle without realizing it, and then lost to that dude and had to beat the mid-boss again!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/15 22:20:29 )

@Totalanimefan:

It was actually a lvl 17 oni I wasn’t expecting it to be a battle and it killed me after I ran out of MP to use lightning against it.

I’m currently level 31 now finally I didn’t play as much yesterday due to work/napping.

I like the small flashbacks to nocturne in the game I’m glad I recently replayed that before starting this one

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/15 23:10:23 )

@Spider: Oh that one. I wasn't expecting that fight either. Luckily I had a good amount of health and MP atm.
I think I'm on level 32 or 33. Something similar. Did you encounter that mid-boss (story related) I was talking about? They are hard. It's where the last student you need to gather is.
I noticed that there are a lot of Nocturne related things. I guess there is a reason why they re-released Nocturne. I just need to beat the final boss. I faced him and lost, but it was late at night and the spinning in the background I didn't like. I might have my husband do the fight and I'll tell him what to do.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/15 23:19:14 )

@Totalanimefan:

I’m in the middle of searching for the students, currently looking for w/e his names sister is at also
Looking for apples? Currently I’m trying to grind to get more powerful demons this game is more grindy than I was hoping it would be but it makes sense it is smt!

I actually fought the bird instead of running by the time I did that quest we were about even.

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 00:36:20 )

@Spider: I think we are even, but I must have missed the quest about apples. Where is it? XD I want to do it lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.