Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My luck stat has increased?

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 19:13:54 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
I got the job I really wanted (Spencers)! I plan on eventually getting to management position bc i love that place and even tho ive worked like, a day, its honestly really great! My boyfriend got into Spirit Halloween!! We both really wanted these jobs and im so happy we got them. Finally! I've been trying to work at Spencers for a long time and theyre now under new management where I am and the ppl there are super duper awesome!
BUT THATS NOT THE BEST PART!!!!!!!!

So my first day of work was Friday. I was chilling in the mall with my boyfriend, waiting for my shift because his interview at Spirit was at 12 and my shift was at 3. All day these cool alt people were asking if we were going to the festival (Inkcarceration, ya can google it but its basically a 3=day festival with tattoos and tons of awesome bands!) and i was so grumpy and sad bc we couldnt afford it and ive wanted to go so badly this yr because almost all my fav bands are there. WELL! This tatted up cool ass guy asked us for directions and we.. sorta helped as much as possible lol, and then he asked if we were going. I got sad and was like nah, couldn't afford it. He asked us if we would go if we could and we're like uh YEAH of course!
HE GAVE US FREE TICKETS!!!!!! VIP TICKETS!!
Hes a sponsor there, his clothing brand is Mortus Viventi!!!!
We were super skeptical all day, but they were real tickets!!!! I missed most of the Friday show but I GOT TO SEE SLIPKNOT!!!!! SLIPKNOT. I LOVE THEM. MY FIRST CONCERT WAS FRICKIN SLIPKNOT!!!!!
Yesterday was great too!! Pop Evil, A Day to Remember, and MUDVAYNE performed! <3 They were all so cool!! And since we're VIP we're super close to the bands!!!
Today im super super excited bc ROB ZOMBIE performs tonight!! Plus Motionless in White, Atilla, Halestorm!!!
yall my life was going downhill so badly and i was so sad, but finally things are looking up ;w;. This is literally the best thing thats ever happened to me.

This is the lineup of all the bands <3!!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 22:18:42 )

Dude that's so cool on all counts! Congratulations!! Omg and Rob Zombie, that's awesome too. Yay!!

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 06:34:06 )

That's so awesome for you guys, I'm glad you had fun! Congrats on getting your jobs! ^^

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 12:17:05 )
That’s really cool & incredible! Congratulations on you & your bf getting your dream jobs!! <3 And that’s great you had a good time in the music festival too :DD Amazing artists in that festival; Omg on Motionless In White, and Badflower !! :O That’s great you get to see a lot of artists you enjoy there 😊 I’m happy life is getting better for you 💕
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 14:15:38 )

Thank u guys ;w;
Atilla had the biggest circle pit ever started there yesterday it was insane ♡

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 00:57:24 )
@milkshake: Whoa, that's awesome!! Congrats on getting your dream jobs and the free VIP tickets!! Sounds like you had an awesome time. <3

I usually go to Welcome to Rockville every year, but we missed last year because of Covid of course, and I'm not going this year because I have other plans that are eating my wallet that particular month. So a bit bummed, but lately several of the artists I love are cancelling shows and I'd be soooo disappointed to miss them because of Covid. So playing it safe for the rest of this year and hopefully next year I'll be able to get back into the concert scene. I miss it so much as it's one of my happy places.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 14:41:00 )

@Aisukohi: ooh that sounds really cool!
Falling in Reverse were supposed to be at Ink last year and because of Covid it didn't work out. I was so bummed when I saw they weren't going to be here lol.
I just got my vaccine, and mannnn its making me feel like poo. Thankfully everyone had to have a negative test at Ink or you weren't allowed in ;w;.
But yeah, first concert and it makes me want more! My boyfriend grabbed my little ass when I was running into the wall of death xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 00:41:20 )
@milkshake: Aw man, I'd love to see Falling in Reverse live someday too. Maybe someday!

Which vaccine did you get? I got the Pfizer. First dose was fine, but the second threw me for a loop. Would do it again if asked. That's awesome that the festival organizers made the negative test rule!

Oof, I wouldn't do well in a pit or crowd surfing because I bruise like a peach and I'm tiny lol. One of my most memorable bands seeing live was Pierce the Veil. I was 3 months pregnant at the time so was starting to show a little belly, but I insisted on getting as close to the stage as possible because they're one of my all time favorite bands. Fiance and brother went with me and my brother is smaller than me, but people were crazy with the crowd surfing and pushing with that one. So they were protecting me the whole time. XP Most people are really great at concerts, but of course you'll get a few jerks too.

Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 16:03:04 )

@Aisukohi: I got Pfizer aswell. Mostly having chills and body aches, and im only on the first dose D:
We had a ton of crowd surfers and I ended up always being the wall of the pit lol. Pit etiquette was super awesome though! Nobody went down without everyone helping automatically, and only one person got dropped during the crowd surfing (tho to be fair she came during the literal worst time??) and we all made sure she wasnt hurt.
Over in the main stage area I heard it was pretty icky sometimes though. Someone told me they had guys trying to take her shirt off . We had a little kid there all three days that would ride on top of the crowd surfers, it was adorable. A Day To Remember suggested that maneuver lol

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/20 22:48:51 )
    Sounds like you had a great time, and it's pretty great luck that you were able to score some tickets to the event.

I think the only bands remotely in that genre that I've ever seen in person was one called...36 Crazyfists, and when Lit opened for No Doubt (when they were still around). I'm not much of a concert-goer, so I'm always trying to buy a ticket for a friend so my partner can with someone instead of me when there's a big one.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.