Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Role-play Search! 1x1 and Groups. (3+)

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/06/19 22:50:36 )

Hi there.
I still feel like I'm new to the community, but I am going to have some more free time coming up really soon. Probably in about two weeks when I quit my job. I'm interested in looking for role-play partners now that I'll have time and also now that I am interested in writing again.

I don't have a whole lot of rules or anything. I will do almost anything.
I can play male or female or trans characters.
I like romance, but nothing weird.
My imagination is pretty limited right now, so I prefer slice of life, but I can play it with some bits of fantasy thrown in to make things interesting.

I have some plot ideas here,
Okay, so... I've got some very silly ideas for a RP, but I think with the right people and with good, unique, creative characters these ideas might actually work!
These can be either group RPs or one on one, I don't really care either way.
I would prefer for these RPs to involve lots of details. Not saying you have to make paragraphs for each post, but I'm not too keen on frequent one-liners.

PLEASE let me know if there's things I'm doing wrong or ways I can improve my RP skills. I promise you will NOT hurt my feelings! (So long as you're being respectful!)

My first idea is silly:

[b]Soul Dracula:
A group of vampires form a band and play in local venues, using their popularity to invite people backstage to drink their blood. This seems to work for them for a while, however, they quickly raise suspicion among local authorities who notice a string of murders following each performance by this band. The vampires must keep their secret, but it's hard when the authorities are hot on their trail.
This one would work best as a Group RP

So for that one characters I would probably expect would be;

• Vampires
  • Detectives
  • Victims

Obviously, we can play multiple characters. But primary ones would definitely be the vampires and the detectives.
The victims can be flybys.

Next idea:
Assigned to Protect You: An average Joe becomes a target for termination by a group of angry serial killers, who are actually extra-terrestrial beings trying to put fear into Earth's inhabitants. So, a secret organization that handles other-wordly visitors sends a secret agent to protect this average Joe.
I think this might work better as a onexone, but hey, it might work as a group RP?
I'd say onexone because the two characters that I'd focus on would be the average Joe (who can be of any gender) and the secret agent.

If this does end up being a group thing, I'd expect these characters: (And you're always welcome to add more if you think it'd help to RP)

• Average Joe (Can be any gender)
  • Secret Agent
  • Aliens
  • Civilians

Again, we can play multiple characters.

Next idea:
This is Our Escape!: Two unlikely people, (perhaps a princess/prince or servant, perhaps a wealthy government official and a slave) find themselves in a position where they are blamed for a crime they did not commit. Because of this, the entire town is doing their best to see these "wrongdoers" brought to justice. This gives them no choice but to ESCAPE! In their efforts to leave town, they find each other and their adventure continues.
This would be best as one x one

New idea:
Stuck At a High School Dance:
Just a high school dance. I figure that's a super easy thing to RP, maybe even too simple, but that's where my partners can add details that might make the RP more interesting. I think it'd be an artistic approach to RP, just doing a typical high school dance, with awkward, flawed characters. :D
This could go either way as a group or as onexone, but I think it might be easier to do onexone.

Those are just the ideas I have so far and they're pretty silly, I know.
I may add more when they come to me.

If you have any ideas you'd like to share with me, thinking I'll be a good RP partner, let me know!

EDIT;
I also wanted to add that I don't feel comfortable reading nor writing any characters with over-exaggerated mental illness whether that be for shock value or just to make the story "interesting". I find it really cheap and I would prefer the characters to be grounded in reality. If we do RP with characters with mental illness, I'd expect them to have some sense of reality to them and I expect research to be done thoroughly before making this attempt.

I know I have a Therapist x Patient pairing, but this isn't an invitation to mock mental illness in any way. I like all of my stories grounded in reality. And even those without severe mental illness can still see a therapist. So please keep this in mind! Thanks! :D
[/b]

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/06/20 03:56:59 )

Oh! I just had some more ideas for things I'd be willing to do in a roleplay.

Here are some pairings that I'd be willing to explore with a partner who is just as weird and unpredictable as I am. xD
Pairings:

[b]Modern:

Musician x Singer
Therapist x Patient
Sibling x Sibling (No romance!)
Parent and child x Officer of the Law
Officer of the Law x Non-Criminal*

Historical
Monarch x Peasant
Diseased x Plague doctor
Traveller x Townsfolk
Ringmaster x Circus performer
Governess x Master of the House
Monarch x Young Page

Supernatural
Ghost x Human
Angel x Human
Selkie x Human
Mermaid x Pirate

Fantasy
Faun x Human
Fairy x Human

Some of these have plots, but it's been a hot minute since I've updated my plots. If interested, let me know the pairing and I'll let you know if there's a plot with it, or we can create a new plot ourselves.
[/b]

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/06/20 05:53:33 )

Sorry I keep updating this! I keep remembering things in the middle of my day. xD

I also am not willing to RP over any other platform. So please don't ask me to join a Discord RP or an email RP.
I want to RP here, not just for the currency, but also because I can't keep track of all the different RPs going on all at once.

I also like the safety that this forum provides. I am only willing to RP here. :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/2 07:33:56 )
Hi, I’m interested in the therapist/patient, ghost/human, angel/human and fairy/human. :3

Do you have any ideas for them?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/4 12:12:40 )
@Ava: Just tagging you so you see this. >.<

I’m mainly interested in the therapist/patient.

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/4 21:38:38 )

@Juliette:
Oh hey, thanks for the ping, Juliette. :D

I don't currently have any plot ideas for therapist/patient, but I think we could figure something out pretty well!
Firstly, would you prefer to play the therapist or the patient?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 05:33:04 )
@Ava: I would like to play the patient. :3

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 07:55:11 )

@Juliette: Okay cool. :) I think I can make a pretty good therapist character.
Hmm. I'm thinking of any ideas we could come up with for the RP to get on its feet.

I think I know! Maybe my character is a new therapist fresh out of school and is trying to find their way into the profession when they meet your character, who might pose as a bit of a challenge for them. Because they are new to the profession, they do their best, though. Maybe you have secrets to hide? Maybe there's more to your character than you're letting on? My character will try to figure it all out.
At the same time, maybe my therapist is struggling with their own problem, and is trying to help others to avoid the problem they are facing too.

How does this sound?
If you like it, I say we could probably just jump right into it and see where it goes from there. :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 08:20:06 )
@Ava: That sounds good! :3

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 08:34:02 )

@Juliette: Okay, cool! I can set up the RP thread if you want me to? :) Do you want to post your character first? I will probably start with an introduction post, then you can post your character and I can post mine.

But however you want to do it is fine with me. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 08:54:48 )
@Ava: Yeah, you can set up the RP thread if you want to. I need some time to think up an interesting character first. xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 09:04:08 )

@Juliette: That's alright, me too! xD
I'll set up the first post and then we can wait on our characters before we begin. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 12:19:36 )
@Ava: Should we make profiles for our characters in the RP thread? :O

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/5 19:14:45 )

@Juliette: Sure! I think that would be the easiest way to keep track of our characters.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/6 08:31:12 )
@Ava: My character’s history has some sensitive topics in it…if it’s not explicit or anything as I looked in the roleplay rules, would it still be considered PG-13?

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/7 03:31:58 )

@Juliette: Hmmm. That's a good question. I'd say as long as things don't get graphic, it should be fine. But if you're still wondering, we could always ask a mod. :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/11 11:36:35 )
@Ava: Ok, I’ll ask a mod.
@Amber Lynne: Hi, just wondering, my character’s history has some sensitive topics in it…if it’s not explicit or anything as I looked in the roleplay rules, would it still be considered PG-13?

Donator — Female Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/11 21:38:58 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Juliette: That's kinda vague. Throw a DM at me (on site or Discord) and lemme give it a read over. I can let you know better that way!

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/25 20:05:18 )
@Ava: I posted my profile of my character in the RP thread, btw. :)

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 year ago ( 2021/07/25 22:57:48 )

@Juliette: Oh oops! I forgot to check. xD
I'll post mine later on today! I have been getting a little bit busy lately, but I'll be working on my profile while I have some down time. :)

I'm Pea! (<---clicky please)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.