Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Jabberwocky Junction (come chat!)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:19:14 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@whimsy: Because god forbid if a man is expected to wash dishes or cook every now and then. -_- I'm not sure if you've ever watched or read The Handmaid's Tale but some of the events that have taken place lately remind me a lot of that.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 08:57:56 )
@PashminaPanda: i read a bit of the book and then lost it :viocry: i'll try to find it or else i'll get the kindle version.
margaret atwood has a way of echoing reality in her speculative fiction that gives me goosebumps. her novel 'oryx and crake' does that too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/16 20:44:43 )
@Whimsy: I'll have to read that. :o And yes she does. I heard that every awful thing that occurred in the Handmaid's Tale has happened in some form or other somewhere in the world.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 07:25:40 )
@PashminaPanda: yeah, all the awful stuff in oryx and crake is based on something that already exists or is being developed in science. that book was terrifying so now i'm terrified of the handmaid's tale lol. i'll still read it though.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 19:12:36 )
@Whimsy: I would highly recommend the show, too. I had to binge it in small doses since it can be such a strain on your mental health to watch, but it's easily one of my favorites.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 17:19:06 )
@PashminaPanda: yeah i think it's definitely gonna be that kind of show and book for me. i'll have to consume it carefully when i'm ready.

in the meanwhile, i'm watching amphibia on disney plus and it's endearing fun

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:58:15 )
@whimsy: Ooh I've been wanting to watch that! Have you ever watched Over the Garden Wall? It's one of my favorite shows. ^^

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 14:04:07 )
@PashminaPanda: i haven't! it's not available on disney plus or any streaming service in my country, bummer. guess i'll have to find *cough* alternate means to watch it.

the other show i need to find an alternate means to watch because nobody is offering me a way to watch it legitimately, is miraculous ladybug.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:02:14 )
@Whimsy: Aw yeah, I've been wanting to watch that one too! There's so many shows I want to watch but I feel like I never have the time. :/ It doesn't help I rewatch the same shows over and over again, too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 11:34:30 )
@PashminaPanda: yeah i'm having the same issue. i'm often not in a mental space where i'm willing to try watching something new.
rewatching favourite and comfort shows is always a good thing though! i support you!
when my work was at its peak my eyeballs would be fried by the time i clocked off and i couldn't look at the screen to watch anything. it's better now, but nothing's really holding my attention right now. oh well, i'll just keep jumping between shows according to my mood and finish them when i finish.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 23:57:23 )
@whimsy: Yeah, that's my philosophy on it too. lol I'm already stressed out enough with life as it is, I don't need to make it worse by stressing out over TV shows I haven't watched. xD
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/14 16:19:20 )
back from a hiatus, so i'm bumping this thread up!

@PashminaPanda: i hope your life becomes less stressful. life did a number on me so i went on hiatus for a year almost. now i'm here again.
and i'm still not watching much tv, but i wish i had something to watch regularly without going into choice paralysis.

Voltie — she/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 11:41:23 )
omgggg this is such a cute thread, i seriously cannot wait until I understand this site more so I can make cute things
~

Voltie — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/15 01:48:07 )
@tearypoppy: hello! thank you so much for the appreciation and i'm sorry i was on hiatus when you posted (but if it's a matter of weeks, i'm hoping you'll see my reply). that's amazing, do you make pixel art?

Voltie — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/15 01:48:50 )
@Q t e a p o n: thank you so much! your avatar is super cute and vibrant too!
roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.