Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hey everyone

Donator — He Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 13:11:34 )

Hey, welcome to Voltra :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 14:12:52 )
Welcomee!!!
I can't say I listen to any music you do but I do love reading!
Hope you have a lovely time on Voltra

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 22:24:37 )
@raxton: Hi; thank you! :D
@keturah: Thankyou! ^^ I'm enjoying my time so far. :) That's awesome; I find reading very relaxing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 22:30:09 )
@jessamine:
That's so good to hear!
and yeah reading is definitely my go to if I'm trying to relax but also be productive. I love me a good fantasy book~
Have you read anything good recently?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 00:25:10 )
@Jessamine: I love most of the songs you listed for Palaye Royale. I think the only songs I can think of not on that list are Lonely and Massacre the American Dream lol. As for koop bands, BTS, ATEEZ, SHINee, Super Junior, EXO...there are so many to name. XD

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 05:12:20 )
@keturah: Yes, fantasy is awesome. :3 I've been mainly reading/rereading young adult fantasy lately; my most recent reread is the Grishaverse series, with me rereading Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I love the Grisha world so much, and its characters (I'm so excited for the adaptation to come out!!). Before that, I read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard; I initially thought the premise felt very limiting of Reds & Silvers, and was pretty slow for a while, but it grew more expansive, which I liked (I've only finished the first Red Queen book so far). In terms of non-YA this year, I read Ninth House by Leigh - I really like the secret societies/magic concept, and it can be pretty engaging at times; other times, slow - my interest constantly kept fluctuating but I eventually finished it xD What about you? :)
@aisukohi: Awesome songs ^^ I recognize all these bands. XD What are your fave BTS & EXO songs, and fave members? I like ATEEZ's Wonderland; the costumes/make-up in their Halloween stage version is great. :)
@ava: Hi, thank you! :) It's lovely to meet you too. :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 14:05:16 )
@jessamine:
Oooo I've heard of Leigh Bardugo but as someone who doesn't read YA I haven't got around / haven't been to interested in reading her works ;;;
THOUGH I did actually buy my sister the Six of Crows book for christmas so maybe I'll borrow it and see if I like it, though I'm almost certain my dummy brain is too old and wrinkly for YA story lines xD
Oooo Ninth House by Leigh sounds super intriguing! I've been wanting to get more into crime/mystery books. I'm glad to hear you liked it, mostly ;)

I've been going through my books before christmas (I asked for new ones for christmas so want to get my currently owned TBR books read). I recently read The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter, I liked it but not sure how excited I am for the second book. I wanted more world building and magic system as he set it up to be so interesting but we just followed the main dude who isn't magic or traveling much.
I also read The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch which I enjoyed a lot more! If on a Winters Night a Traveler by Italio Calvino which I didn't like and I'm currently reading The Forever War by Joe Haldeman and The Fifth Season by NK Jemisin. So scifi classics and some modern fantasy xD
I'm enjoying both so far!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 23:13:48 )
@Jessamine: I don't think I have favorite members for either band since I don't pay as much attention to names. But favorite EXO songs are Two Moons, Growl, Monster, and Wolf. Favorite BTS songs are Fake Love and Boy With Luv (love me some Halsey lol). Favorite ATEEZ song of all (and I have a lot of favorites) is Illusion. That song always makes me happy for some reason, so I play it when I'm feeling down or otherwise upset. I really like a lot of their songs though lol. Wave kinda made me laugh with the Hakuna Matata lyrics. xDD
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 08:18:13 )
@keturah: I see :) It's possible you may like Six of Crows; completely okay, if it & YA overall isn't your cup of tea though. I'm the opposite; when I buy/read books, I usually find YA books easier to digest, and read the occasional adult that catches my eye (usually fantasy).

I think the longest time I've ever spent reading the entirety of an adult book series was many many months, and that was A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, but I love it so much that it was worth spending my time on lol <3

Thanks xD Not sure if this is a spoiler, but aspects of Ninth House reminds me
a little of American Horror Story

I haven't read any of these, but they sound good; scifi & fantasy are great genres (: And hopefully the second Rage of Dragons book will delve into more detail? :o What are the other books about?

@aisukohi: Oh okay :) Great songs~ :) And that's great about Illusion & Wave making you happy ^^

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 21:44:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Hello and welcome to Voltra!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 03:41:16 )
@Moodyb: Hi, thank you for the welcome! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 11:58:21 )
@jessamine:
I'm so sorry for my late reply!!! I've been having issues with my neck injury lately and took a break ;w;

That's truee!!! YA is super easy to digest and if I don't like it I can always just stop reading and give it back to my sister, haha
I did get Wilder Girls for christmas which apparently is YA and I'm super excited to read! It's apparently horror and I've never read that genre before, except the shining. :)

Oh my god yeah! G.R.R Martin's books take forever to finish and there's 5 of them!!!! That's awesome you read them all. Did you enjoy the books??
I loved them, especially the added details that the show ruined/didn't show.

Ooooo I've watched a few episodes of American horror but not many so it's not really a spoiler for me xD

Happy new year! i hope you've been doing well <3
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 07:19:43 )
@keturah:
It's okay :) Never too late to reply. And I hope your neck feels better! Maybe one of these neck brace things where you can put small packets of ice in may help with swelling/pain?

That's good xD Six of Crows' world is very gritty and dark fantasy, as much as YA can be; reminds me of a cross between X-Men and The Musketeers. The main characters are all very interesting, with unique personalities ^^ It's a duology set after the original Shadow and Bone trilogy, and while I love the original trilogy (mainly the second and the third books, which were significant improvements on character and worldbuilding), this duology is overall more mature. They're good in different ways, though :)

I hope you enjoy reading Wilder Girls; it sounds good ^^ Books are awesome presents :D

Yes, I enjoyed all five books of A Song of Ice and Fire a lot <3 My favourite book overall is A Clash of Kings, with A Storm of Swords following close after, and my fave character is Sansa. My favourite friendships include Sansa/Margaery, Arya/Jon, Sansa/Dontos. And I like House Stark :3 That's good you liked the books :) What were your fave characters/book/friendships/house/scenes/etc? I do have to agree on the worldbuilding expansion, & exclusion of several disturbing show scenes in the books. (Although, which were the expanded/ruined show scenes you liked more in the books? :o) I actually stopped watching the show after a number of seasons, because I didn't like where it was going xD And then I heard it apparently got better, but I had forgotten where I was up to at that point lol :P (I also know a lot of spoilers xD)
Although I did watch a little of Sansa and Jon's reunion despite that, and I am so happy the show included that <33

Ah okay, that's good then xD

I hope you will have a lovely new year too
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.