Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon Go Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:22:26 )

If you play Pokemon Go come on in! This is a place for us to talk about the game and how our day was in the game. Did you get a shiny? Reach a new level? Looking to make more friends? You have come to the right place!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:22:39 )

This is a section for recent news!
Dec 1st: Go Beyond! Trainers, if you reach level 40 by the end of the year you will unlock a special research! All catch exp is doubled from now until Dec 31st 11:59pm. Level 50 has now been unlocked as well. Test your might and see if you can make it all the way to level 50!

Dec 12th and 13th: Dec 2020 Community Day. Evolve Pokemon from all 2019 and 2020 community days for their special moves. Note that 2018 community day pokemon are not included in this.

Dec 14: Secrets of the Jungle Movie Event! Jessie and James will be returning to Pokemon Go and there will be a special research for Shiny Celebi!!

Winter/Holiday Event: ???

Feb 20th, 2021: It's time for Pokemon Go Tour Kanto! This will be an event celebrating 25 years of Pokemon. There will be a full event around this anniversary, but if you buy a special ticket you can complete a special research for Shiny Mew! This is the first time shiny mew will be released by the Pokemon Company since 2005.

If you want to keep up to date with Pokemon Go news, there is a news section in the game. If you would like to look online these are good resources. Good for people returning to the game and veterans alike.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad
https://pokemongohub.net
Pokemon Go Website Update Page

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:22:46 )

Saved just in case

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:22:55 )

And we are open!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 05:30:02 )

Ok, so the level cap just came out last week and since that update I haven't been able to stop playing! It's all I want to talk about~ I love the feeling of working towards a level up. I haven't done that since June 2018.
When the update came out I had about 43mil exp (20 mil is level 40, so level 40 x2 + a little extra). I've been playing PvP more for my current level and I'm not doing too bad, I feel like you have to play a ton of battles to rank up and I'm not really a fan of that part.

Today was the first day of Dec 2020 community did. I got a few shinys but really I was in it for the exp and the moves. I do still need a shiny Charmander and shiny Elecabuzz. I'm sure I'll be able to get them tomorrow. It's hard to play without leaving the house and I am very low on balls. I did try and spin stops while I was out walking the dog.

Shiny Celebi tasks will be out on Monday and I'm super excited! I love Celebi!!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 11:58:20 )

I am only at the start of level 37 and have been playing it on and off since 7/7/2016.
I probably won't be able to earn the badge for reaching 40 before the end of this year.
Not a big fan of pvp either, so I don't do a lot of league battles.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 14:29:34 )

@dragoness129 maybe if we get to best friends soon that would help. I’m sure you know but you can put on a lucky egg, then level up and you get double the exp. worth it for friendship levels. You can also have multiple friendship level ups at once if you plan it.
Getting excellent throws also helps. I know you aren’t in a rush but every little bit helps!
Not the biggest fan of PvP but I have to do them for my level up atm.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 14:36:24 )

Yeah, that's a wonderfully awesome way to earn a huge boost in exp. I love it. ^_^
I have a harder time landing the excellent throws myself.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 21:33:33 )

@dragoness129 Yeah for best friends you earn 200k exp 😮
Excellent throws are so hard on some pokmeon I don't even bother, but then one others it's easy. Like Magmar and Electabuzz today were very easy for me. I earned a lot of exp with the excellents with a lucky egg on.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 01:04:38 )

@KDA Drew: I do sometimes! I'm trying not to buy so many remote raid passes though lol. I'll add you!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 02:11:18 )

@KDA Drew: If you would like I could invite you to some T5 raids if I see your online. Sound good?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 00:56:26 )

I wanted to play more today and catch more pokemon but I'm seriously out of balls.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 20:13:53 )

Total -nods- Yeah, it is some great exp!
I managed to make a few Excellent throws on Porygon surprisingly.
My husband was playing Pokemon Go with me for a while and we did some community legendary raids some time before Covid hit. It was the beginning pokemon like Mewtwo and the birds. I really wanted to get Reshiram, but didn't have anyone to help me catch it.
I've also got some research tasks for mega raids, that I know I can't complete. -sigh-

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 03:30:03 )

@dragoness129 They are great for making excellents! I'm still trying to hit excellents every time. On some pokemon I just can't do it.
I don't have Reshiram either! I wish I could have gotten it. T-T I have one Zekrom.
For Mega raids, you and your husband should be able to do Mega Abomasnow together when the weather is sunny. You guys will have the friendship bonus and Abomasnow is double weak to fire. If you guys go in with it's sunny with fire moves you should be able to do it!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 03:32:19 )

I got my shiny Celebi today! I'm so happy!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 17:33:50 )

Bumping this since it's been 2 months.

Also tomorrow is Pokemon Go Tour Kanto! I'm so excited. I hope I get some good shines.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/16 19:53:02 )

Tomorrow is Go Fest! I hope you get lots of shinys!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/17 10:42:09 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: I'm lookin' forward to it =D
I do wonder what it is that will be for the research

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/17 14:30:19 )

@Amber Lynne: me too! Are you playing with Colin? A looked at the research last night on Reddit. It’s not too hard. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/17 20:29:26 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: 'course
And I'm almost done the research, which is fantastic.

Did you go pop or rock?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.