Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Chaotic Nature

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 04:42:51 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh." Ilias muttered.

"No. No, we NEED all the crystals we have for the electric mana." he told her. "And even then, they wouldn't be good for holding celestial mana. They're not strong enough for it, plus they are tuned to specifically hold electric mana." he continued.

"Sorry." he apologised.

"And I'm pretty sure we don't have anything close to that here in the lab, at all." he added.

"If I could help, I would. But... sadly, I can't." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 05:05:42 )

"No worries. I get it." Alicja said with a soft smile.

"I didn't actually think you would anyway, I thought it'd be better to ask than assume though." She added before sighing.

"What's going on anyway? Like, what caused the power failure?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Doesn't seem like elsewhere in the building is affected."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 05:27:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Weather, most likely." Ilias responded.

"It's been unpredictable as hell." he said.

"Torrential rain, borderline hurricane winds, mini-quakes..." he listed off.

"And we have a smooth generator to main power switch." he went on.

"Quite a few places in the Unit have been affected, but the switch-over was smooth." he explained.

"It's just a matter of time before the entire building is on generator power, and then electric crystal power."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 05:36:57 )

"... fair point. I know the generators for this place are brilliant. I usually don't notice when they switch over." Alicja commented after a moment.

"Anyway, I'll stop distracting you" She added.

"I'll see you later. Sorry to bother you." She paused a moment before waving and turning to leave.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:19:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she did, she heard him sigh.

"Maybe try the boss." he said.

"He can generally perform miracles." he told her with a light chuckle.

"If anyone can get you such a crystal, HE can." he reasoned.

The real reason he was suggesting it was because, due to being involved with Kiah, he knew what Sharp was. However, he didn't know if Alicja knew. Or anyone else in there. So he decided to make it as ambiguous as possible.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:25:49 )

Alicja paused before chuckling.

"Very true." She agreed.

"I'll do that. Thanks." With that, she waved, and headed off. She didn't know how he could help, but she did know that Ilias was right - Sharp WAS a miracle worker, or at the very least certainly seemed to be. She had no idea how he could pull that off as often as he did, but reasoned it had something to do with his involvement with the Council and Triad, it was the only thing she herself could think of, anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:51:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See ya." Ilias responded as she left.

Alicja then made her way to the receptionist's office, and then knocked on Hal's door again.

"Come in!" he called to her.

She stepped into the office, and Hal sighed when he saw her.

"...good news or bad news?" he asked.

"As I'm assuming this has to do with Angela and Zeke and such?" he asked further.

"Or is it something else?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 07:40:39 )

"Well... neither, but both?" Alicja responded before shaking her head.

"Long story short, Zeke has a suspicion, test results are being waited for an---" She started before things started to shake. It started off lightly, before gaining strength. It wasn't the worst that anyone had experienced living in California, but it was bad enough to knock things off of the various shelves in the room.

Most landed on the floor, both ended up with some bruising, but when Alicja something fell from one of the higher shelves. It was a rock, in essence, ut a mana charged rock. It had the ability to put a soul to sleep for a few hours, and that was why it was up out of reach of the average person. The last thing Hal wanted was for someone to grab it unexpectedly or unknowingly.

When it hit her shoulder though (definitely hard enough to rbuise, as he heard the impact from across the room), he saw her freeze, before collapsing. It was likely confusing for a moment, until he saw just what had hit her.

Now, the question was whether or not it was one or all within her that were affected. It'd never been tested before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 08:00:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was quick. He caught her before she collapsed to the floor. He set her down in one the chairs, before using his mana to move the rock somewhere else, cursing as he did so.

"Damn it." he said.

"I didn't think of THAT happening." he growled.

"..." he was then silent and looked at her.

"What did she want to say...?" he wondered.

"What has Ezekiel found out?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 08:04:36 )

It didn't take long at all before she stirred. However, when she looked at him, Hal knew it wasn't the same woman he'd been speaking to before.

"What the hell was THAT?" She asked, her voice much more unimpressed than Alicja's usually was. Alicja was softer, Rose was harsher, simply put. Ebony tended to be somewhere in the middle, much like the middle child.

"Seriously. What happened, and why the hell did Ali just drop like a ton of cement into the ocean?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 08:21:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"Very specific imagery there, Rose." he commented.

"And she was hit with a chunk of SombraStone." he told her.

"And yes, I realise it may have been foolish for it to be in such a place when quakes are more common." he said further.

"But she's asleep, and will be for a few hours." he continued.

"Worst that'll happen is a bruise on her shoulder."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 08:25:23 )

Rose was silent for a moment before shifting her shoulder slightly.

"Yeah, I feel the forming bruise. Jesus." She muttered.

"What the hell is a piece of that doing outside of, y'know, some sort of 6 foot wide containment? To say it could be problematic is an understatement." She added.

"Whatever, moving on. She was coming here looking for some sort of crystal that can hold celestial mana. You got any? Or should I just wish for something?" She asked bluntly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 08:49:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal paused for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Right, I forgot your mana's strong enough to grant you the ability to be sensitive to what I am." he muttered.

"I have none." he told her.

"So wish." he said.

"I'll answer your question afterwards, and then YOU'LL answer why you need this." he added, bringing his fingers together.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 08:59:04 )

"Arcane mage. We can see the arcane beings around, or something. Maybe that's just me." Rose commented. "I'm actually not sure."

"Regardless." She said as she leaned forward a bit.

"I wish for a crystal that is large enough, and strong enough, to hold celestial mana for an extended period of time."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 09:24:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal snapped his fingers, and the next thing Rose knew, she was holding a... sizeable... crystal in her hands. And she could almost FEEL how durable it was, and how it could contain celestial mana.

"All right." Hal said.

"Now." he muttered.

"Share with me." he went on, leaning back in his chair.

"What do you need that for?" he asked.

"What has Zeke discovered?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 00:26:59 )

"The fae around his place are ... not doing so hot, and he created something akin to a sanctuary for them with his mana." Rose told him honestly.

"With him here, and not there, they aren't going to do well." She added. "so he wanted a crystal to load with his mana to have it that the sanctuary can remain for longer than it would naturally without him there to maintain it."

"So thank you for this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 00:47:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal took it all in, and nodded.

"I see." he said.

"Well, glad I could help facilitate the preservation of those fae." he told her. "Angela would never forgive me if I had done nothing." he then reasoned with a small sigh.

"...hold on." he then mumbled.

"So what's happening to Angela, and Olivia..." he continued. "It must be the same thing." he continued.

"If Ezekiel appears to be fine, it would be the sensible explanation."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 00:57:50 )

"Considering the state of the world, and the fae back at their home? It makes complete sense that it IS ht eissue." Rose commented.

"I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm reasonably sure that yeah, they're dying because of what is going on." She added.

"So this?" she motioned to the crystal, "With me extremely useful. If nothing else, it should put a stop to their detereoration."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 01:17:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very good." Hal responded.

"Then go. Get that done ASAP." he told her.

"...and when Alicja and... whomever else is asleep in there... wake up... tell her/them that I'm sorry." he then said.

"That rock was kept up high specifically to stop people from touching it, but I should have had the foresight to have moved it with these quakes happening." he reasoned. "So that is fully MY responsibility." he accepted.

"So tell them my sincerest apologies." he finished.

"For now, get this crystal plan into action, poste-haste."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 01:21:14 )

Rose nodded before getting to her feet.

"Of course." She said simply.

"I'll do that." Was the last thing she said before heading to the door, and out. Rose wasn't known for being particularly chatty, so this wasn't anything surprising, at all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.