Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What places would you like to visit/revisit?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:02:43 )

You know, since we can't go anywhere in 2020 lol. Where would you like to go in 2021 or beyond!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:07:22 )

My annual NYC weekend trip with my friends was cancelled this year
    So next year we're going for a full week

but ideally, if I had the money, I'd go back to Italy to go to Rome and Venice~

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:08:12 )

For me I would like to go to NYC cause it's a lot of fun!
Maybe see Boston in the fall (or maybe some place like Vermont for the fall foliage).
Florida to see my family and friends that live there.
England to see my family and friends that live there as well.
Japan cause, you know, Japan!
Anime cons again. I'm so sad that Otakon and Magfest got cancelled. I just want to have fun and see my friends T_T

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:09:12 )

@Deaa: Good! Live it up! I miss anime cons and being able to travel to cities. Plus NYC is great! I love the food there and it's so easy to get around.
European cities are :vanora_heart:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:24:32 )
I haven’t really travelled much. I’ve been to Georgia once, Oklahoma once, and Louisiana. Not much to those places. I haven’t ever left the south. I want to see NYC, and someday Japan. If I could move I’d probably go to Alaska.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:34:28 )

@Peptobismol: Why move to Alaska? I heard that it's tough living up there.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 17:38:38 )

Despite everything going on this year, I'll be visiting TX here in a couple more weeks! :D
Covid is scary but breathing in ashes every day is more risky for me here in CO than a virus tbh

But for next year, assuming that my finances are better, I did want to go travel somewhere with my partner! If things open up, I really want to take a couple of days in New Mexico and go to a place called Meow Wolf. <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:03:28 )
@Totalanimefan: because it’s tough, and a different way of life. I feel like it would be a very good learning experience. And I don’t mind that it’s remote.

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:15:05 )

@totalanimefan: oh we plan to! my friend is already working on our itinerary lol
    we usually go for her birthday weekend, so she was distraught that we had to cancel this year
    we're all excited for the food and clubbing and museums

Japan would also be a fun place to travel!
    that's on my travel bucket list~

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:26:36 )

@Jolly: I agree. I moved out of CA about a week before this crazy wildfire season started. I'm so happy that I did. I hate the feeling of breathing in all that smoke. I hope you are able to get away soon. What's Meow Wolf? Sounds cute.

@Peptobismol: I hope you are able to do that <3

@Deaa: That's so exciting! Normally during the year I'm planning my groups con experience and it's a lot of fun. I don't know if I should for summer 2021. NYC is honestly so much fun! I always have a good time there, even though I've gotten food poisoning before. XD
Japan is really cool too. I just hate how long it takes to get there. Try to only have one layover if you can. I know that there are super cheap tickets where you go to China first and then Japan, but like all that travel is hell. If you have a body that can deal with that go ahead, but when I went to Japan it was almost 24 hours of traveling and that was with me starting out on the west coast!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:56:56 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah it starts acting like it'll get better here, then the fires explode again and it gets worse. The sky is currently red and raining ashes that are either blowing over from Fort Collins or Wyoming's fires xD;;
I just wear a mask any time I'm not inside my house at this point. Sometimes in my car too, cause sometimes the ashes get in there. I'm very seriously thinking of getting a proper ventilator, like the kind you wear when you spray paint stuff lmao (I need one for projects anyway)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 19:00:03 )

I forgot to answer the meow wolf question!
Its this!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:15:25 )
There's something foul about the air here...

Considering I'm the swedish version of a weeaboo (is there a proper term for that) I've dreamed of going to Sweden for god knows how long

I also wanna move to colorado some day if the whole state doesn't either freeze solid or burn to the ground

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:29:59 )

@Jolly: You really should try to get a proper one. The mask that people use for Corona isn't good enough for smoke. Plus it's the stuff that's burning in the smoke that's also horrible for you. CA has been on fire the whole time too, there has been very little relief. I'm glad I moved.
That place looks cool!

@koneko: Those both sound like nice trips. I hope you can do them sometime.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:30:53 )

@grost: I heard that it's really nice there!
What state do you live in right now? The west is really getting hit hard by climate change. Maybe it would be better just to visit? But I'm not gonna be the one to tell you where you should live.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 23:36:24 )

@Totalanimefan: Nebraska, or as it has been referred to by people I used to talk to, "the middle of bumfuck nowhere" and "where the hell is that"

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 00:20:27 )

@grost: Unless you live near a town that is the middle of no where. ^^; There is lots of open space in that state. Where you born and raised there?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 01:34:58 )

@Totalanimefan: Kinda, used to live on the edge of Iowa but was born in Nebraska cause the hospital that was closest was the one in Nebraska, grew up most of my first decade in Iowa, then grew up the rest of the time here in Nebraska. I live in a real big city in Nebraska, but the state itself seems to fly over some people''s heads if it's not referring to the trains in history class

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 02:45:03 )

@grost: City living is city living. Cities are all different but I wouldn't say that you live in the middle of no where then.
Oh another note, I wish that train travel was good in the US.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 20:45:37 )

@Totalanimefan: I would love for better public transit, when you don't have a car here you're almost entirely screwed. Love me some of that top tier urban planning, am I right?

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.