Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 23:41:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes. It was about 85 today and low humidity. It was nice. I really should have taken advantage of the weather and done outside stuff, but my mood was more "inside stuff" so that's what I did.

@0v7: Yes, I actually think that's what the US is pretty good at... integrating different cultures. I do think we, as a whole, are fairly multi-cultural, but it has always seemed "one off" to me... which is understandable if you look at our history and take our geography in to account - it's not like we can just zoom off to whatever (largely European) country to "check" what the actual culture is. It's usually passed down through a couple generations, and that is subject to interpretation and mis-remembering. IMO anyway...

@sunny: ^^

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 23:44:50 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: The answer to that is colonialism - personally, my lineage comes all the way from the Aztecs, however, the Spanish colonized them and as a result, much of the original culture of my ancestors is lost. Same goes for... a lot of other POC in America.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 23:55:11 )

@Wildfire: it was a high of 60 and raining all day with gusts. Lol
I’m sure tomorrow will be nice. You guys are only just going into the nice season.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:02:56 )
@0v7: Yes, very true. (and I'm not minimalizing your comment, culture, etc., or that of other POC) but you could say the same thing, if you go far enough back, of the various other cultures around the world. It's our collective human history to "go forth, expand, and conquer" and to "leave behind" our influence. How many times has any given culture or geographic area been thoroughly taken over by another? What are the long-term impacts of that? How many currently existing cultures are really, fully authentic??? What is "authenticity" in this context? Things change and evolve over time. We, as people (regardless of heritage, origin, culture, etc.), influence each other... Should we not change or evolve?

[note: please don't mind me too much - I mean no disrespect to different cultures, etc., at all, but I do enjoy the mental challenges / philosophical debates of questions and discussions like this. It's an interesting line of thought, imo. ]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:06:19 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, the weather has been mostly nice the last few days. I'm looking forward to the more consistently lowered humidity levels and the overally nicer weather - which is just starting. :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:07:59 )

@Wildfire: I don't think authenticity is a solid idea, honestly. Cultures even within the Latine area of things are so vastly different, despite having some superficial similarities - still authentic, despite years of colonizers erasing and changing their history for them. It's cruel how much non-white history was lost to people who wanted power and riches.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:12:58 )
@0v7: I agree.
The intentional attempts at removal of a particular culture as a means to control, alienate, isolate a people (for purposes of control) is something different than the natural evolution within a culture... but again, this has happened repeatedly throughout history

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:14:50 )
And yes, a lot of the "real" history has been ... overlooked? eliminated... bypassed... ignored... minimized... and just plain stolen from those to whom it was rightfully due.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:18:39 )

@Wildfire: Yeah FL in the late fall and winter time is great! The best season lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:22:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes! At least until things start to bloom in January or February... but even then, the weather is wonderful!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:23:42 )

@Wildfire: True lol. Do you have allergies?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:24:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Unfortunately, the massive CLOUDS of pollen that zoom around here in Jan/Feb are often more than my poor sinuses can easily deal with.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:47:15 )

@Wildfire: Damn that really sucks :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:04:58 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, thanks. It's not much fun that for sure!

You?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 13:27:33 )
Good morning everyone.
What are the plans for the day?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 13:53:08 )

@Wildfire: Good morning! My plans are DV dailies, play ACNH, and figure out the next obstacle for my level design.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 14:08:07 )
@0v7: good morning! That sounds like a relatively busy day.
How did you fare with the bad turkey last night? - I hope you didn't get sick, or that the experience didn't turn you off from experimenting with turkey some more

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 14:10:04 )

@Wildfire: I got a lil sick, and surprisingly despite how mild it was, It turned me off of turkey a lil bit - I might just get tofu next time I go grocery shopping >w>;;
What are your plans for the day ??

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 14:25:23 )
@0v7: that's unfortunate, but understandable. :( I'm sorry you got a little sick, but happy to hear it wasn't anything major!
My plans today include working on a few things that I didn't get done yesterday, both iRL and on the computer, and hopefully tying up a couple loose ends with my son and his classes for the Spring semester. Otherwise, cleaning up a bit and probably cooking.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 14:53:27 )
This is exactly

Good morning folks. -sips at coffee-

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.