Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/21 13:56:48 )
@Mathonwy: oh hi! It sounds like you've had a good few days! I can definitely think of worse things to get caught up in than creative endeavors! XD <3

I was caught up in some creative things a little bit too... and then just trying to catch up on some sleep / let my body rest. Yesterday was all about hanging out on the couch watching stuff on the TV and going to bed super early... but after 3 nights of no real sleep, I needed it. :3

Thanksgiving... I have delegated a good part of the planning back to my mother for this year but I need to catch up with her about final menu arrangements and last-minute shopping... or whatever else she's come up with for the day, but we'll host it here... which means a lot of cleaning up, tbh, since I have been slowly trying to declutter and reorganize the house and there are random bits of things strewn places they normally aren't. I put the turkey in the 'fridge yesterday. I'm hoping it's thawed by Thursday morning (it's ~13#). It should be.

Do you have a large family that will be coming over? Are you ready for everything?

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/22 02:53:37 )

Hi I'm not dead!

I am going to attempt my grandma's cheesecake recipe for Thanksgiving I think. I'm a little nervous but also excited because her cheesecake was awesome.

Also I met up with an internet friend from one of my Discord plant servers yesterday (they're in town for the holiday) and we had a grand time. Got lunch at Red Robin and wandered the mall for a bit. T'was fun. :D I had a free burger for Red Robin and five bucks off my Hot Topic purchase because of birthday rewards!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/22 13:08:46 )
@CooperationIsKey: Hello. I'm glad you're not dead! XD It sounds like you had a good day yesterday... and it sounds like birthday greetings are in order, so Happy Birthday, Key! Did you get anything fun at Hot Topic?

...cheesecake *drools* Good luck with Grandma's recipe! Do you have big plans for Thanksgiving, then? - spending it with family or friends?

I'm honestly not sure what our Thanksgiving is going to look like at this point. I'll cook a turkey and do some stuffing and a couple veggie-things, but it's going to be only 4-6 of us and might turn out to be more of a normal day than a holiday (just with an early turkey dinner). There are just too many things in the air right now to be sure how things are going to play out.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/22 14:28:57 )

@Wildfire: Thank you! :D And I got a four pinback buttons. I need to take a pic but two of them are Mothman-themed, lol.

Thank you again! And yeah, my family on my stepmom's side (they're all so lovely and they adopted me right away) often gets together for holidays; usually at my Aunt Lili's house, which it is again this year! It's nice to see everyone and there's always a ton of food. Wears down my social battery but it's worth it. ^^

And hey, a 'normal day' but with an early turkey dinner? Sounds like a nice one to me! Holidays can often be overwhelming and honestly when I moved too far away from home to visit every holiday, I realized I kinda liked having a lowkey holiday.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/22 17:14:35 )
@CooperationIsKey: Our holidays are pretty low-key overall, but it's beginning to look like it's going to be just the 4 of us (me, hubby, and our two boys)... which is fine. It'll be a day to relax.

It sounds like you have a nice holiday ahead of you - I'm glad :3 Sometimes it's nice to spend the day with family, despite wearing down the social battery :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/22 23:17:53 )
Hey party people. Been sick this past week, sorry for poofing. Hope everyone been okay.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/23 17:18:35 )
@Rei Ann: Well hello! I hope "people" hasn't included you, or if it has, that you're feeling a whole lot better! :3

All is as good as can be expected here ATM... just trudgin' along doing some Thanksgiving prep.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/23 21:36:50 )
@Wildfire: Ya'll are the party people. I the sick one. I've been sick the past week, first lady troubles, then a cold with a stomach bug combo. Oooh turkeyday prep.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/23 21:58:14 )
@Rei Ann: lol... our "party" tomorrow is just the immediate family... the 4 of us living in the same house. That's it. Nothing special about tomorrow, really other than it'll be a turkey instead of maybe a chicken XD

That does not sound like a good combo at all! Eeesh! Are you feeling better now at least, I hope?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 02:36:26 )
@Wildfire: Kinda the same for me. Just gonna be my husband, and his parents. Both his siblings are going to their in-laws.

I am today, is the first real day, I don't feel super sick.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 10:26:45 )

Wheeeeeee, having trouble sleeping because of course I am.

On the bright side, I made the cheesecake last night and it came out amazing. I'm so excited to share it with the family. :D

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 12:55:50 )
@Wildfire: Adorable avatar today, stopping by to say hey.
@CooperationIsKey: Happy to hear the cheesecake turned out alright. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 13:38:13 )
@Rei Ann: quiet Thanksgivings for both of us, then! :3 I hope you enjoy your day... and I'm really happy to hear that you're feeling better!

@CooperationIsKey: Awww... I'm sorry to hear you're not sleeping well (neither am I, really, tbh) but Yay on the cheesecake! Save me a slice! :3
Cute avatar, btw!

'@Lotus: Oh hey! How have you been?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 13:39:18 )
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating!! May your turkey be moist and your day be relaxing :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 16:03:21 )
@Wildfire: I've been well, thanks. How are you doing? n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/24 16:51:22 )
@Lotus: oh that's good - I'm glad! :3
Things here have been a little hectic, tbh, but good overall. Thanks for asking :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/25 01:57:03 )
@Wildfire: Thank you. Did your thanksgiving go well? Ours went really well.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/25 10:30:01 )
@Wildfire: Glad to hear it's been good overall. Thanks for checking in as well, it's appreciated.
@Rei Ann: Glad to hear yours went well! Good seeing you around Rei. n_n <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/25 10:48:23 )
@Rei Ann: LOL - yeah, Thanksgiving was fine. It was barely anything, tbh. I barely cooked (turkey, stuffing, boxed scalloped potatoes (I 99% never do boxed/premade things!), green beans, roasted carrots... then pie, and we had snacks of course...) and we watched Doctor Who and other things all day. It was just the 4 of us and the boys stayed in their rooms for the most part. Pretty boring, actually.

I'm happy to hear you had a good Thanksgiving! Was your gathering very large?

@Lotus: Yeah, thanks. Anything new going on for you recently?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/25 10:52:55 )
@Wildfire: Not a whole lot, been browsing for some new recipes to try this Christmas. n_n

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.