Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 12:55:17 )
Hi Wildfire and everyone! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday to talk to you. It was just a bad day for me for some reason, I was feeling very emotional. I had written some stuff that got to me, ended up crying at work just thinking about things. I feel great today, though! I hope everyone is doing well! My only questing for today is to find some pizza. XD

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 13:07:24 )
@koah: If you ever want to show me your apple trees / apples, feel free to post a picture somewhere in one of my threads! I have an apple thread somewhere around here, as you'd imagine lol XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 13:19:10 )
@star2000shadow: That is a long time, isn't it? Well, good for you!! ...but now what are you going to do with this surprise bit of writing?? Are you going to keep going? I hope you do, if it's something you enjoy doing! :3

@Rei Ann: Thank you. My week is returning a bit more to normal, I guess, but it's still weird. Maybe I just live a weird life - lol XD I hope your week didn't get chaotic - sometimes busy is just busy, and other times busy can be chaotic/crazy. What happened - anything fun that got your week busier?

... and yes, napping with the dog is always interesting. He's a big (70 pounds!) teddy bear / lap dog, and he has bony elbows that seem to find my ribs when he plops on me, but once that gets straightened out, he's quite a comforting presence and nice to nap with... <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 13:22:37 )
@Mathonwy: ... awww... I'm sorry to hear you had an emotional day yesterday, but I understand... and sometimes that kind of thing, although unpleasant, can be a good thing at the end of the proverbial day. I hope your situation was productive for you. :3 It sounds like it was! <3

So what is your day today likely to look like? Anything fun going on??

... good morning everyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 16:18:17 )
@Wildfire: omgosh. Your squirrel story is great. I enjoyed reading it. Lol
I have a chipmunk experience and they totally feel weird when they latch on and don't shake off.
They're so fast too! Don't know what theyll do next.

You should definitely look into travelling now that your boys are young adults. <3. Every country that you listed uses english as a second language, so it shouldn't be too crazy difficult to find accommodation.
I really want to do a Vegas weekend, i need to wait until my husband is back home full time so i can make him watch the kiddos. So at least a year out- then i can start planning something.
If we did meet, a flight to Vegas from my general are is only ... 3 or 4 hours. Lol xD. It's a short flight.
Hotel nights are cheap there down on the strip.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 16:20:51 )
@Mathonwy: okay! At some point, i'll dig through my photos and find some pictures. Unfortunately this last summer only a small handful of apples grew and they weren't anything to brag about.
I did turn off my sprinkler system. So likely that they just didn't get enough water.
Im not home to get fresh pics.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 16:52:58 )
@Koah: Yes, it's fortunate for us that English is fairly well known across the world, but I don't like relying on it solely and there are still significant differences and weird hoops to jump through when traveling like that... but it's worth it. :3 I will have to investigate doing more travel - alone, probably - but that can be good too :3 And... DEAL! ... I'll meet you in Vegas in about a year XD It looks like it's about a 6-7hour plane ride for me.

Just for the record, I didn't get jumped on or climbed on by a squirrel today, although I walked the same area this morning :3 XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/16 13:14:38 )

Good morning.
Happy Wednesday.

What is going on in your corner of the world today?

I got a bit derailed finding that little GIF^^ ... too many weird animations on the initial page and too many things popping at me, I think. It messed with my head a bit. *shakes it off* Anyway, I have a few things to do today, some of them include cleaning up the house and making donations of some stuff we no longer need and that are just taking up space, and starting to get ready for Thanksgiving next week... yes, next week. How that happened, I'm not exactly sure. I swear, the last year or so has just disappeared in to a worm hole or something! And I was going to check in to getting a gym membership again (but it really depends on what their class schedule is looking like these days), and I have a few other things to do too... but I'm rambling a bit.

How are you guys?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/16 16:23:43 )
@Wildfire: squirrel-free day? Lol

I am totally down for coming up with a Vegas weekend. Gotta make sure the stars align enough that i have my husband home to watch the kids for a weekend.

This last year definitely went fast. And for me, stressful. I almost feel like my 2 months at the nicu was my break/stress free zone. X)

Good morning. I am having my coffee break in town before work.
I trained someone yesterday, which was ... Definitely an experience. I don't have her today which I am thankful for.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/16 16:54:55 )
@Koah: Yup... and another squirrel-free day today!!

The year definitely went quickly. And I know exactly what you mean about that time in NICU... on the one hand, it was stressful, but on the other, everything else... all those daily responsibilities... just evaporated, right? Yeah, I know that feeling. It's a strange one :3

You let me know when the stars align for you and we'll see if they align for me as well - doing a trip like that could be heaps of fun! :3

LOL - you sound relieved that you don't have to train this person again today. Was it a matter of intelligence or personality that made your experience a little challenging... because sounds like you just didn't gel too well...

Well, I hope you have a good day today. :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/17 17:23:08 )
@Wildfire: the person i was training has personal problems and she was ... Distressed. To say the least.
I think we should add each other on social medias, so we can more seriously plan a trip in the future. If you're okay with that? Or whatever you're comfortable with.

The nicu was definitely a break. Looking back, it was like a calm before a storm. No daily stresses.
Im looking forward to tomorrow, we'll finally be caught up with bills between my payday and my husband's. -crosses fingers that we'll have enough-
Then i can take a deep breath and relax a hair more.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/17 20:20:17 )
@Koah: Yeah, that's fine... although I'm a little limited on social media (because I'm old - lol!). I'll send you a PM. :3
Oh - congrats on catching up!! That's awesome. I hope things start relaxing a bit for you now...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/17 21:34:03 )
@Wildfire: i use Messenger as my primary way of talking to people. I use whatever social media people are comfortable with. So i have half-as$ed kept social medias outside of fb/messenger. Cx
Did you have your morning walk?

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/18 08:42:51 )

Cool weather cool weather cool weather! :D :D :D

I'm wearing leggings and fuzzy socks. :D

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/18 13:14:19 )
@Koah: <3 I found you - lol!!
I did not walk yesterday - I was tired and cranky and it was cold and I ran out of clean yoga pants :3 ... and since I didn't do laundry yesterday (and I also didn't really sleep last night /eyeroll/) I'm finding myself in the same situation this morning... but I need to walk today, especially since I won't be able to tomorrow (at least not in the morning; maybe in the evening). I wonder if I'll find "curious squirrel" XD But first, I require caffeine. LOTS of caffeine. :3

@CooperationIsKey: LOL! <3 I feel ya! It's a nice change of pace, huh? I haven't looked at the forecast - is this supposed to last for a while?

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/18 23:40:03 )

@Wildfire: It really is! And yeah; in fact on Sunday it's not supposed to break 60 degrees. o3o

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/19 11:49:25 )
@CooperationIsKey: ... time to figure out where I hid my hoodies! XD

Good morning

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/20 14:10:53 )
Good morning everyone.... uhhh... where did everyone goooOOoooo??? *chirp* LOL - actually, after the event, and with Thanksgiving and the Xmas holiday season looming, I'm not surprised that everyone seems to be busy taking care of iRL things these days. :3 I hope that whatever you each are in the middle of, it's going well for you.

Have some treats ----------->

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/20 21:05:00 )
@koah: Awesome! I'd love that! (Sorry I disappeared for a few days there.)

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/20 21:09:17 )
@wildfire: Hello! I'm sorry I disappeared for a bit there. Things got mostly resolved now. I've been doing a lot of creative stuff lately and got swept up in it, but it was very good for me. I actually had a really wonderful week! Today my housemate's boyfriend is coming over, so hopefully I'll get some free food! I wrote about 20,000 words in the last week and composed two songs, started a new girl band, it was just a great week for me even though I'm still feeling a bit down on a few things. I don't think I'll reproduce that anytime soon though! XD

I'm looking forward to seeing my mother and family. I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. I have a turkey thawing in the refrigerator and I'm ready to go! How have you been? Any Thanksgiving plans?
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.