Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/4 20:35:39 )
@Rei Ann: oh no!! I hope whatever repairs aren't horribly expensive or anything!! :(

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/4 21:40:13 )

@Wildfire: Just getting into better shape and losing some weight, really. Plus meeting a goal is nice. :)

And yes, the cough is tiring, it's so dumb. :(

Nothing really else going on with me I guess. I mean I have a shirt arriving from UPS today (yay!) and it's my night to cook but that's all, lol.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/4 21:49:31 )

Rofl my shirt arrived in the mail right after I posted that! It's a dope Five Nights At Freddy's shirt by Cloak (Markiplier and Jacksepticeye's clothing brand). :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/4 23:53:16 )
@Wildfire: I hope not, but I didn't hear from them today. I'm so upset over it, because I backed up into the mailbox cause the fog was so bad, and I thought at first I just damaged the sidemirror, but so how even thought my front didn't hit the box, the front bumper broke and tore up. Which is odd, but my mailbox, she be strong and standing.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 07:52:41 )

Questing :
Demonic | Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: always has. In that annoying way older sisters have. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 13:42:03 )
@CooperationIsKey: well good luck with your goal :3 What're'ya cooking?? (or what did you cook for dinner last night?)
New tshirts are fun :3

@Rei Ann: ... wow... that seems to be a lot of damage for running in to a mailbox!! ... but then again, if you look at a car sideways these days it seems to acquire significant damage /eyeroll/ I wish you the best of luck :3

@star2000shadow: lol - I wouldn't know... I'm the eldest XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 14:02:25 )
@Wildfire: its a ski resort/national park town. So our next season begins as snow builds up. We already have about 2 inches on ground level.
I'll be super busy come Dec until ... March ish.
Maybe Thanksgiving week too.

Part of me wishes i was home to continue sorting my stuff and donating things too. I got a couple piles done before i skidaddled though.

Have you been able to go out and adventure lately ?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 14:22:23 )
@Koah: wow... already 2" of snow /shakes head/ ... I haven't seen that for a while!! XD Yeah, you would be in off season right now, wouldn't you? It's hard to ski in two inches of snow!! XD But like you said, things will pick up soon and then you'll be hopping!!

I haven't gotten anything done this last week with the decluttering/donating. I really need to change that, but I've been more focused on getting out and taking care of myself this last week, that some of that stuff has suffered a bit.

No adventures, really, unless seeing little alligators at the edges of the ponds while walking around the neighborhood counts...??

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 14:26:35 )
@Wildfire: while you haven't seen snow in a long time, i have never seen an alligator (aside from zoos). XD. Lol.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 14:37:48 )
... I just found out that a dear friend has died.
It was expected (metastasized breast cancer).
She outlived her initial diagnosis by 4 and a half years.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 14:40:37 )
@Koah:

^^ in one of the neighborhood ponds. This was about 6' from the sidewalk... He was just sunning and hanging out... maybe waiting for a snack... XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 15:01:00 )
@Wildfire: i am so sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is so hard. Its amazing how strong she was to live longer than expected.

Awe. Little gator. I have a hard time imaging just walkin past these things and being like 'thats normal' xD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 15:06:02 )
@Koah: Thank you. She was amazingly strong and genuinely caring... she will be missed by a lot of people.

LOL... yeah, it took some time to get used to seeing that kind of thing, tbh. When I went for a walk two days ago, I saw a little gator like that, in the shallows of every pond I walked by... and there are a lot of ponds around here!! XD Seriously, I saw at least three baby gators hanging out like that :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 15:15:56 )
@Wildfire: my 3 year old niece just got diagnosed with leukemia. My brother and my sister in law have been doing blood tests and lots of Dr appts to narrow down what kind and severity. Uhg. So that's been our family sorrow these last 2 weeks.
Not much i can do to support or help them since im 3 states over.

Out here, seeing Ravens everywhere and mountainous wildlife is the norm. And snow. Lol
I really love seeing big ol Ravens as i walk to my job every morning.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 17:11:59 )

@Wildfire: Dinner was sausage and potatoes. Nothing fancy. :)

Boy it's shaping up to be a bad pain day, I think. x_x

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 17:37:56 )
I'm just stopping in to say hi, everyone! You all seem so very lovely, so I wish you all a wonderful day!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 17:46:46 )
@Koah: ewwww... I'm so sorry to hear about your niece! I hope it's manageable.
LOL - your wildlife and mine couldn't get much different! XD I love it all, though <3
Sorry I disappeared - I needed to go for a walk :3

@CooperationIsKey: lol... nothing wrong with "nothing fancy" for dinner! <3
I hope you're wrong about the bad pain day :3

@Mathonwy: Hello. :3 How are you? How did you find Voltra??

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:11:45 )
@wildfire: Hi! I had just been thinking recently about how I missed posting on sites like these, and then I went to one that I used to be active on and saw that it is now defunct (or maybe I just can't find it anymore and was going to the wrong URL). So I just looked up "sites like [forum site]" and this one popped up, so I decided to give it a try! =)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:37:10 )
@Mathonwy: ...yeah, unfortunately, a lot of the other (and older) avi sites have closed for one reason or another. Or there's Gaia, which is (from what I understand), still a pit of teenager drama and chaos. Voltra has a good, slightly older crowd (if I say so myself - lol!). Welcome! How are you liking it so far?

[... and just FYI - I'm usually bouncing back and forth between iRL and the computer if you're looking to chat, so my responses might not be immediate, but I'm usually nearby.]

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:47:40 )
@wildfire: I started out using Gaia back in 2005, but I definitely moved onto other things quickly! I had a big presence on Solia once upon a time, and then ditched it for Crysandrea, and then I didn't explore until I found Pantheon a few years back. (That's the one that I looked for that didn't seem to be up anymore.) I'm older myself, and I got that vibe lurking a couple of threads where I saw folks talking about being married and buying homes and working and stuff, so I think I'm in the right place. =D

I have the kind of job where I can be gone for days and then have other days sitting around all day doing nothing, so no worries!
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.