Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 12:38:57 )

Good morning everyone. How is everyone doing? Do you have plans for the weekend? Or are you going out tonight?

I still have some house clean up that needs to get done, but I also have some craft things to get finished today... we'll see what actually gets done - lol. Other than that, I'll be checking my garden... and the weather. We keep getting increased chance of rain -and the humidity has been pretty high the last couple of days- but I still have yet to see any actual rain... and that, of course, affects the garden... and the craft fair I'm supposed to go to. :3

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:23:35 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: It wasn't bad yesterday I was you could say moving around a lot but didn't get much done pfft =w=:
Good morning btw~ ✹◦

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:25:14 )
@Purpsy: good morning Purpsy. :3 How are you so far today?

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:27:08 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Good I slept a lot last night more than 8 hours x.x
Just having my coffee and some leftover banana bread for now.
How about you? ✹◦

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:30:09 )
@Purpsy: oh, I'm glad you got some good sleep last night! I was restless last night for some reason, and I woke early-ish. :/ It sounds like you're having a good morning. Do you have any plans for the day?

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:42:52 )

◦✹ @wildfire: Still deciding atm. I'm so wishy washy if I don't plan ahead of time.
But I know for sure is going to be another chill day for me.

How about you? More gardening perhaps? ✹◦

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:46:19 )
@Purpsy: nah... no gardening for me today. It's currently pretty dark and rumbly out there, and although I'm not sure if the skies actually dropped any rain yet, it is in the forecast. Plus, gardening in a thunderstorm is probably not the smartest idea XD And, I have some craft things I should probably do some work on, tbh. But they're at that "messy" point and I don't know if I feel like breaking out the stains and the paints, etc..... in the house (because outside isn't an option ATM)...

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 14:55:24 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Ah is dark and gloomy here as well :/
I kind of regret not going for a walk a few days earlier when it's nice and sunny but alas! That's what I get for procrastinating (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Ah, are there other places you can craft at your home like on your garage perhaps? But sounds like a fun hobby, in a messy sort of way xD ✹◦

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 15:03:55 )
@Purpsy: Unfortunately, not really - the garage needs to be reorganized so that I can do some crafting things like this out there, but it's not there atm, and it's going to be a project in and of itself ....... something I am not taking on today! /dead/ I am brainstorming other ideas right now to do what I need to do. I might be able to do this under the canopy on the lanai, despite the weather... /shrug/

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 15:20:06 )

◦✹ @wildfire: I'm curious now what this crafting is all about now if you don't mind me asking ♡(´。・ω・。`)

Well I decided to draw a bit on my laptop so sorry if I don't reply right away~ ✹◦

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 15:37:00 )
@Purpsy: lol - a friend roped me in to doing a farmers' market / craft fair with her, but it's tomorrow. I only had about 10 days to get anything together - which is the "rush". Fortunately/unfortunately (?) the stuff I tend to do tends to be a little more involved than some crafts/crafters... and my schedule -and, apparently the weather- isn't cooperating with me. I have some bare wood that I need to treat/seal/paint...

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 15:58:36 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: uhhh sorry I'm still a bit lost x.x
A farmer's market/ craft fair? I believe this is the first time I've heard of this :o

All I keep picturing is like some farming event on who grows the largest pumpkin or something (꒪ω꒪υ) ✹◦

Donator Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 16:40:28 )
@Wildfire: yeah, older kids are definitely old enough to help. They have their chores.. which they dutifully forget to do now that I'm busy with baby. =3=
I rope in my roommate for heavy lifting and annoying tasks. My husband for repairs and errands.
But cleaning and organizing fall on my shoulders.
We're getting into planting season now. The cold nights are getting warmer.
I'm probably going to start my garden this weekend. Just potted stuff, I don't have time to make the raised bed like I wanted to do. My roommate wants to make a garden though, so there's a good chance I can rope him into it. hehehe.

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 16:53:35 )
@Purpsy: lol XD ... no... not that. It's a bunch of independent vendors selling their crafts or their produce/products to whomever comes through and is looking to buy stuff. It's just a venue and an opportunity to sell stuff, really. The appeal is that it happens 1x/month and there are a number of vendors in one spot, so there's variety for the folks who come by.

@Koah: ...maybe it's time to rope in some additional, temporary help just to get things taken care of and then, hopefully, you'll be able to keep up with it all? But I feel ya - it sounds like a familiar scenario...

LOL! <3 I hope your roommate helps with the garden! :3 What kinds of things are you planning to plant?

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 17:03:29 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Ooh that sounds fun!
I hope you finish everything on time though ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 17:30:05 )
@Wildfire: I'm hoping to try squash again, they died last year- midsummer. So attempt #2
Definitely going to grow peppers, those work super well here.
mmm, strawberries died last year pretty early because of the heat.
So, I guess I'll do peppers, carrots, and squash for now.
squash = garden space though and I don't have one ready for them. <.<

Baby caught the cold/flu virus in my house. :c So far I'm the only one not sick, ... and my upstairs renter isn't either.
My daughter was the first sick and she's 90% better now. Slight cough when she laughs.

My mom offered to pay for a housekeeper, but I got a quote last week and it's too high for the little jobs I wanted to be done. :c They gave me a quote, I agreed on it. I mentioned it might be a one time deal and they put another 50$ on the quote because of a 'one time fee'. /stupid.

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 17:42:43 )
@Purpsy: I won't. Thanks for the support, though. I figured that I'd try to get a couple things together to put out but it's just not turning out that way. I need to find a quicker, more time-efficient way to be creative for this than what I'm doing. :/ I told her that I'd sit with her tomorrow if nothing else, and right now, it's looking like that's what I'll be doing... which is fine, even if it's a little disappointing in some ways. :3

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 17:43:07 )
@Koah: Ahhh yes... squash, pumpkins...they do tend to take over!! You could always just plant them and let them ramble wherever they're going to ramble...? Or put them on a trellis and make them go vertical...? LOL. I'm waiting to see what's going to happen to my squash things and the pumpkin that seems to have taken on new life in the last couple of weeks. Carrots! Will radishes or turnips grow where you are right now too? Sweet potato (or regular potato) might be an idea for you too because they're super simple... but they ramble too. I like your plan, though - carrots, squash and pepper. It's a pretty good combination!

Awww... I'm sorry to hear that baby got sick... but it's ... errrrrhhh... good for his immune system?? :/

Oh jeeze - I hate it when there are "extra fees" attached to things for no apparent reason. Is the money (especially since your mom offered to pick up the tab) worth your state of mind for a one-time "get it fixed" thing?

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/20 22:41:04 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: easier to look online so we aren't wasting gas, and money on trips of places
where the place is too expensive and so on.
tho i would just like a place where it has nice flooring and cats are allowed.
and the place overall looks nice. like with good windows.

he is applying to shop for others at a market. kind of like pickup where people order online and he just
picks the groceries for them.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
I have a hard time knowing when I am being spoken to.

[Art Shop][Instagram][My Website]

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2022/05/21 11:01:30 )
@MoodyB: well, yeah, at least some of the house hunting needs to happen online - otherwise, you're right - it's a lot of running around, wasted gas, etc. It initially sounded like you saw this place in person, though... or at least it did to me.

Ahhh... yeah... I see folks doing that around here too... basically you're just a driver for grocery delivery. I've also seen folks wandering the aisles inside the store, picking up things from lists (doing the actual shopping) and then, presumably, delivering to their customers :3

┤▒├ Hangout || Art Shop || B/S/T thread ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.