Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I made this asian noodle dish and it was good and cheap! -Recipe inside-

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:03:32 )

I just wanted to share this recipe with you all. I made it on Monday night and then my husband and I had it for lunch every day this week.
Here
I used Pad Thai noodles cause that's what I had. I'm sure you can use whatever noodles you like. This recipe is also (naturally) vegetarian and vegan if your noodles are.
We will be making it again probably next week. We just need to rebuy the noodles and the veggies. I think I will make more sauce too, because that sauce was soo good. I also wonder how it would taste with ramen noodles?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:09:12 )
Oh! I do a version of this for my kids fairly regularly! They love it, it's easy, it's portable, good whether it's hot or cold, it gives them the calories they need, and it's versatile! I've dumped extra veggies in the mix, swapped out some of the ingredients, used just about every kind of pasta you can think of - it all works! Or at least it does for them. :3

I'm glad you found this recipe, Total, and that you're enjoying it so much. Thanks for sharing - I'm sure there will be other people here who will really enjoy this!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:15:27 )

That seems pretty simple to follow, and it looks delicious! I love stir fry, and this seems to be basically a cold stir fry! Thanks for sharing.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:33:35 )

@Wildfire: Good to know it's such a hit. And if you already have the sauces in your house it's a super cheap meal too. It lasted us either 6 or 8 servings when we made this recipe. It was probably really cheap per meal.
@sunny: Yeah it was super easy! And to have it cold was nice because it's mostly still hot here (although we have a cold front here atm). What kinds of Stir Fry do you make?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:35:00 )
@totalanimefan: it's asking me to subscribe to something .. am I on the right page ? Lol I love noodles of all kinds ^.^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 20:28:58 )

@LilMissKushy: Yeah it's from a newspaper. Just use incognito mode. I pay for the paper but others shouldn't have to just for one recipe.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 21:33:35 )
@totalanimefan: ahh ok got ya.. will do that and check it out.. thank you ^.^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 22:23:22 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

mmm yum i've made similar dishes ^^ so good every time, i love the peanut butter
can add tofu and scrambled egg and/or edamame for protein! (any other protein works too imo)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 22:59:23 )

@xvz: that sounds like a great idea. I should add stir fry/fried rice style egg! That would be really good. I thought about adding chicken too but I don’t normally buy chicken anymore. I try to only have meat when I’m eating out.
@LilMissKushy: awesome. Were you able to see the recipe? What did you think?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 02:53:56 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: yeah i don't usually cook meat at home much either ^^
i feel like other forms of protein keep much longer too :3

have you only had the noodles cold? i feel like they would work hot p well too, w the veggies sauteed

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:14:47 )

@xvz: Yeah that's true. I should add some to it next time.

I have only made this once. I should try it like that and see what I think. I'm sure it would be good.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 10:32:50 )
@totalanimefan: no not yet hun I was busy yesterday.. will get a look at it today

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 14:27:15 )

@LilMissKushy: cool. I think I’m going to make it again this week.

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 01:52:46 )
Mm, I just threw together a rice noodle dish myself this evening. came out alright! I should try out this recipe in the future.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 02:45:36 )

@Bou: Awesome. I thought that it was pretty good.
What was your noodle dish?

Also I like your avatar.

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 03:57:19 )
@Totalanimefan:
Thank you!

I didn't have much to work with since i desperately need to go grocery shopping.
I put in some onions, a bit of mixed veggies and some soya sauce. Was all I had really. Ha. Still turned out fine.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 04:22:30 )

@Bou: That's just how it is sometimes. You gotta cook with what you have on hand.

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 04:25:43 )
@Totalanimefan:

For sure. It's a constant for me so I'm pretty okay at scrounging stuff up and throwing things together lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 04:40:33 )

@Bou: I think that’s what helps level up your skills.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/09/30 05:04:48 )
@Totalanimefan:
Yeah that would do it lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.