Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk ED twitter (tw, duh)

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 01:13:07 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
tw; eating disorders and self harm

i went to defend someone on twitter bc ed twitter was making fun of her videos. My GOD. I had a mental breakdown and want to self harm again because of how awful these people are. I expected a little backlash yeah but not HOURS and TONS of people calling me fat and ugly and obese and telling me i need to starve myself and kill myself. I even came across girls cutting eachothers names into themselves. They post pictures of people and bully them. Theyre proud of it. They brag about making girls starve and cut.

And im fucking ashamed to say it worked. I had anorexia when I was younger. Ive vented to numerous people abt it and how much i hate the way i look-- and even someone who i thought was my friend said to suck it up and starve. Someone from voltra/sapherna.
Why do people lie to me irl but everyone online tells me im fucking fat? I just want to be pretty and im so angry that I exposed myself to this but maybe I needed to. Maybe I need to start eating 400 calories a day.

People always to right to my appearance.
Or my makeup which i really thought was good.
I was just trying to help my friend.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 02:00:57 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

You shouldn't listen to them!! They're being jerks for no good reason, and you're alright the way you are right now. I'm really sorry you had to go through that- people on Twitter are scarily mean. I hope you feel better soon ;w; take care of yourself !!

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 04:07:08 )

@0v7: i never had twitter before ;n; this was like a huge slap in my face. nobody told me how mean everyone is

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 09:14:15 )
@milkshake: im sorry you had to deal with trolls and nasty people.. listen it doesnt matter what u look like people will always find something to criticise u .. you could be absolutely perfect and they would still find something thats just how some people are they're so unhappy with themselves that they feel the need to make someone else feel unhappy about themselves to make the hater feel better about themselves... no one is worth harming yourself hun if ur skinny they'll say ur too skinny.. if ur curvy or thick they'll say ur fat.. they call beautiful people ugly because they feel ugly themselves.. dont let anyone make u feel like u need to change.. haters on the internet dont matter... the real people in ur life are the ones that love you for who you are...dont go changing yourself for some hater u dont even know because they'll always find something else to say.... keep being you .. the internet is a breeding ground for trolls and bullies and they have nothing good going on in their lives so they're bored.. just ignore them or block them.. if u ever need someone to talk to my mails are always open <3

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 09:40:01 )
LISTEN. Every body is beautiful. You don't have to be a certain shape or size to be attractive. Its all about attitude and loving yourself. Its hard to love yourself when all you hear is negative opinions that you didn't ask for, so maybe take a break from that. Treat yourself to not having to hear/read that BS. You MUST be gorgeous if you're the type of person who would jump to the defense of another when it would put a target on you instead. Thats really amazing. Can I see your makeup, my dear? I bet its fantastic.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 23:20:41 )

@milkshake: Wow that's fucked up. People think that they can hide behind their keyboards and say things that they don't really mean because they get off on seeing other people's reactions.
I can pretty much promise you that you are not fat and they just said it to have power over you and get a raise out of you. I'm sorry that was your first experience on twitter. Twitter is vast and can be a mixed bag and people can start pilling on you at once.
I would delete the tweet or mute twitter so that it isn't effecting you. These things tend to pass quickly. People move on to the next person fast.

-hugs-

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 16:16:41 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@milkshake: sadly you're not alone. Twitter houses hate just like every other online forum. And just like in real life. We must learn which voices and comments to listen to and to give value to. I can remember things said to me before about my weight. It is amazing how much social value I seemed to have once I was losing weight. But the weight loss wasn't intentional. I just left a stressful job and next thing I know all that stress and emotional baggage began to come off my shoulders and my mind and then my weight dropped. Of course, everyone thought i was on drugs. Then I invited someone into my life. I loved them and held them and protected them from life and their own demons and past. It was met with that person literally laughing at me, not even 10 ft away as I bared my soul and tried to talk to them and was in tears. Laughed while I cried. That was followed by multiple times them encouraging me to self harm or just kill myself. That pain still runs deep. It haunts me. But my choice not to self harm or give way to my razor blade and ashes does not haunt me. There is no number in this world which can define my worth. My value isn't found in my waist, my height, shoe size, IQ or any other numerical relation. It is found in my head and my heart.

You see, who I was when I first moved back home to start over, is the same person who was 100lbs heavier just a few years before. So all those who had time for me cause I was thinner.....no I don't have time for those kind of people. Those who couldn't make time for me when I needed them the most.....nope no time for them either. I am gold baby and so are you. Sadly in this world most people never recognize this. Just pass on by all those fools who just don't know, who are too busy, or too careless to notice when gold is right in front of their face. Those are the people who get caught up with something a little shinier. A little sparklier. But they are also the one's who learn why it is called fools gold. It looks a little flashier at first but that's all it is is flash in the pan. Real gold takes someone who knows what to look for and knows that with a little care, their nugget will shine brighter and hold much more value than someone else's fools gold.

You're perfect. Today. As is. 100% no question nor doubt about it. If you like your make up then wear it how you like it. How you want it. Rock it. If you want to defend someone cause it is the right thing to do then do it. That person probably feels alone and saddened and is appreciative for the helping voice of someone else. You may have saved a life. But in the end, you do you for you. Because when your head hits the pillow at night, and it is just you and your thoughts. You are the only one who has to answer to you. So go out there, so something today to make yourself feel proud and empowered. And to hell with anyone who says or tries to tell you otherwise.

Be blessed. Stay true to you. And remember you're gold!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 16:59:26 )

Thanks everyone.
Im used to toxicity (i have an Xbox for gods sakes lol) but it's never really been this.. bad for me. Having that many people attack me. Also seeing their messed up pro anorexia shit. Just really got to me. Im okay now and these posts made me smile a lot. Especially when I was crying.
Im sorry im such a baby sometimes-- but im happy to be in such a loving community

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 18:32:33 )
im glad youre feeling better !! :D
i'm rly sorry u had to experience that in the first place :c
and don't apologize for being upset !! i wld be too if i saw all that
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 21:52:16 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@milkshake: no need to apologize nor justify. Xbox or not there's no need for vitriol and venom. And remember tears mean you're healing so let it out and be not ashamed for it. It just shows you've evolved. Hit me up anytime. Strong people are meant to lift others up...if they cannot they at least shouldn't go around poisoning them. :)
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.