Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I’ve been Keto-ing Lol

Artist — Lion Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/06/30 17:08:02 )
So my parents got me into wanting to do Keto, as they lost some weight that otherwise was difficult to lose. And due to health concerns and just overall image issues, I decided to myself. I was wondering if anyone knows of some good foods, especially easy to cook or eat?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/06/30 17:31:32 )

A had a coworker that was on keto and really liked it. It lost a ton of weight. It’s a diet you really have to be strict on or it doesn’t work. There aren’t really any cheat days and you have to look at all of the labels for the stuff you buy to make sure it’s keto friendly. I don’t have any recipe ideas though.

Donator — Kushy Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/06/30 17:42:44 )
@kda drew: ive never heard of this diet before .. i must to some research.. i have an underactive thyroid so its hard to keep the weight off

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/06/30 18:34:04 )

My husband just recently started this himself.
It's a lot of meats, dairy, veggies it seems.

Artist — Lion Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 02:39:37 )
@LilMissKushy:
Keto works by limiting your carbs. It puts your body in a state caa as led “Ketosis” where your body maturely produces healthy carbs. This in turn reduces your sugar intake which is what turns into fat. The thing is, you can only basically eat Meat and Veggies with limited Dairies. On this diet, the dieter limits his Net Carbs:
Net Carbs is not the same as the Carbs you see labeled. Actually, you take those Carbs, then subtract Fiber and Sugar Alcohol listed on the food tab. Total in a day you should only have 20 Net Carbs or less.

You have to be careful with meat though to. Excessive protein consumption on a low-carb diet can prevent you from getting into ketosis. A good range to aim for is 0.7–0.9 grams of protein per pound of body weight (1.5–2.0 grams per kg).

You have to supplement carbs with Fat (NOT trans fat!!!). This can be Whole eggs, cheese, avocados, fatty fish, nuts, chia seeds, Dark Chocolate, ect.... though eating some of these is a bit hard to do unless you find a good recipe to include it. I don’t just eat Chia Seeds lol.

Also, you must drink ALOT of water. Normally drinking a few cups a day is ok, but you want to aim higher.

A few things to be cautious of:
Not done properly the first few weeks can give you the Keto Flu.
Drinking water helps you feel fuller especially at meal time.
Because you lose sugars you may actually CRAVE sugary foods, even if you aren’t a sugar eater and never really eat sweets.
The diet is expensive. Meat ain’t cheap especially with covid.
You basically have to cook your own foods and can’t really go out to eat.
Going into Ketosis, losing all your weight, and then eating carbs again can actually bring back all the weight quickly AND more. You have to slowly take carbs back, your body basically goes into shock otherwise.

Moderator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 02:58:48 )
My sister is doing keto, but she gets really discouraged by how limited she is with food.

I’m trying out Noom to shed some extra weight. I can eat whatever I want, but I have to plan for it. It’s a lot of give and take haha

Artist — Lion Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 06:09:17 )
@Mousy:
What does she miss the most?

Moderator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 12:26:08 )
@kda drew: Her words- “I don’t even miss the bad stuff. I just want to be able to eat oatmeal or have a sandwich with bread..”
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Artist — Lion Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 17:37:29 )
@Mousy:
Lol. I know how she feels. For my eggs, I usually put ketchup on them but can’t any more. Or use normal milk >_<.
I never cared for bread so I’m ok with that. I actually use lettuce for my hamburgers and a replacement to buns. Haha. I think there are some Quesadilla wraps low carb she could make sandwich wraps? Or grilled chicken wraps!

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 17:52:26 )

I've looked into keto a little bit. To expensive for me to realistically consider for myself. I hope you see success with it. :)

Donator — she, her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 18:33:05 )

I’m liking keto- I’ve been on it for four months and lost a decent amount of weight.

It’s really a balance- I still eat some not keto food and don’t feel bad and can start right back up again.

Some foods I make often- cauliflower rice with cheese - kelbasi- sautéed spinach

I love zoodles and use a low carb sauce.

Snacks I enjoy are pork rinds, cheese sticks, hazelnuts. I love Moon Cheese

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19

Voltie Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/07/1 20:14:47 )
@KDA Drew: There are a whole lot of really yummy and easy keto recipes available online.
My Quest || My Art Shop

Donator — She/her Posted 1 week ago ( 2020/07/6 04:21:02 )

@KDA Drew: How is the diet going?
@Mousy: I LOVE the avatar.

Artist — Lion Posted 1 week ago ( 2020/07/6 17:34:54 )
@Totalanimefan:

Every morning I have 3 eggs and 3 bacon, unless I’m out of bacon than I just eat a couple ham slices. Then for lunch this week I will have 2 tacos with low carb/high fiber quesadilla (which surprisingly taste good) with baked shrimp, asparagus, broccoli, and zucchini. I bought this Mediterranean Parmesan seasoning for the veggies but idk how I feel about it. I just cover it up with low carb Salsa, cause the seasoning kinda smells like vomit (quite literally the smell of vomit). Then I only drink water or 0 sugar/carb Gatorade. (:

I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks so far! ^_^

Donator — She/her Posted 1 week ago ( 2020/07/6 19:19:27 )

@KDA Drew: sounds like it’s going awesome. I hope it’s not too expensive of a diet cause bacon isn’t cheap lol

Artist — Lion Posted 1 week ago ( 2020/07/6 20:23:46 )
@Totalanimefan:
Well I spent about $7 on a thick cut pack and it lasted me a week. Compared to eating out, that’s cheap!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 week ago ( 2020/07/7 03:17:04 )

@KDA Drew: true. It is much. Cheaper than eating out for sure!

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.