Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I made my rats a broccoli ball!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 20:48:23 )

One of the important aspects of owning rats is making sure they have enough enrichment that can stimulate their natural behaviour. I think they enjoyed it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:00:57 )
That is pretty cool! Is it good for them?
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:02:48 )

@TomYum: very good for them! Broccoli is high in vitamin C and it contains antioxidants. I give it to them fairly regularly, but this time I made them work for it, which is good for their brains :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:21:39 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

When I move out and get a place for myself I'm 100% getting some rat babies :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:32:54 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: I hope you can get some! They are so adorable <3 would you want males or females?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:39:55 )

@sunny: They're so sweet ;_;<3 I'm not too sure actually. Do they have temperament differences or something?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:42:10 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: Females are generally more active, more playful, less likely to sit on your lap, though there are some females who are very cuddly. However females come with a high risk of mammary tumors, like a VERY high risk. Males are more relaxed, more happy to cuddle, they don't play much (except when they're babies), but they sometimes come with hormonal issues meaning they need neutering. Both have their pluses and minuses. I personally prefer males, but I've kept femalesin the past.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 23:42:53 )
@sunny: aww so cute im sure they loved that.. i watched a documentary years ago about scientists testing to see if rats laugh when being tickled and apparently they make the noise thats equivalent to laughing when they're being tickled .. adorable xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 23:55:19 )

@sunny: Oh wow! O.O I guess I'd go with males then as I love cuddles and dunno how I'd deal with my babies having tumors T_T I've also only had male cats and one male dog, so I probably would've gone that way in any case. Shame for the females tho!! That's so rough DX

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:06:59 )

Aw cute

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 18:26:05 )

@LilMissKushy: aw I've heard of that study. How cute :3

@SuperZombiePotatoe: yeah the tumours are terrible :( but male rats are awesome, I'm sure you will love them, and you can always ask me for help with them!

@Totalanimefan: ikr??? :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 01:03:15 )

@sunny: I have absolutely no doubt, I've loved them for years. I just have 3 cats already and space is running out XDD But when I do get my babies I'll defs ask you :D

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 01:10:05 )

@sunny: I used to have two rats. They both ended up getting the tumors you mentioned, unfortunately. :<
One of them was very soft and super sweet and VERY smart (too smart lol, she escaped all the time like houdini)
The other one was dumb as a rock, but I loved him anyway. XD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/2 21:24:32 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: lol I feel ya on running out of space!

@Kozi: aw that's a shame :( haha dumb as a rock, my boys are like that.

@koneko: LMAO no that would take so much work. I give them frozen broccoli sometimes too.

@koneko: that's so sad :( poor boy. I'm sure he knew he was loved, which is the important thing :( I remember one of my rats died quite young, he had a stroke at 7 months, and I'm still not over his death. It was about 4 years ago :(

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 16:45:45 )

@koneko: aw poor bud :( at least he got better! I've never had a hairless rat, I would love one though.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 18:47:26 )

@koneko: aw that's the best kind of rat <3

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/3 22:29:55 )

That is so cute. You are the best.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 16:53:37 )
@sunny: good idea! And would you just look at those little cuties discovering the goodies! <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 20:53:08 )

@inatlaka: awww

@Wildfire: I know right, they are so adorable when they're inquisitive :D

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 21:20:38 )
@sunny: Most things are pretty cute when they're being inquisitive. It almost makes me think it's the process of being curious that holds the appeal to those watching
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.