Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/24 03:09:38 )
@Alorrena: omg, i need your hair <3

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/24 03:11:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Only other place i frequented was gaia. Sooooooo, no lol.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/24 08:42:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Oof. That sucks. I hate when that happens. We were lucky that we didn't unpack much at the apartment before we decided to move anyways (cause no room to put our stuff in an already established home). We were also lucky in the fact that the people across the "hall" were new and had been putting out their old boxes to be taken to the trash, so i'd snag a couple "good" ones before the trach service came. And then like the day before we moved i went to uhaul and got 10 more boxes because i ran out and knew we needed more. I am strangely good at estimating how many boxes i'll need and i think thats from the year of instacart shopping at aldi where you have to buy the bags.

@dreamerz: It's the hair from the Roller Derby item. If i come across another, i'll snag it for you :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/24 18:19:40 )

@Lilykin: Yeah me too. I've just been so busy in rl. T_T

@DreamerZ: They sometimes have events. Like for Halloween and Christmas.

@Alorrena: That's good timing! We did end up using a lot of Aldi and other reusable bags.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/24 18:21:59 )

You guys I'm so tired today. Not only has it been a week since moving and we are still unpacking, but we have also been dealing with dropping off stuff for donation, and our dog has been sick since Sunday. We don't know what's wrong with him. He won't eat. He was throwing up and pooping but now he's stopped that but still won't eat. He has no energy to do anything. My husband and I are so worried about him.
I'm not sleeping a lot of hours at night and during the day I do like 10,000 steps unpacking, and packing what the movers missed on Friday and just everything. I feel like there is no break for me (and my husband).

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 07:00:18 )
@Totalanimefan: dang total! That's a lot! I'm sorry you're dealing with so much! Moving is always hard to begin with, but adding in poor sleep and a sick dog will definitely make it worse. I hope things get better for you guys!

We're having (more) issues with my mother in law/my husbands extended family. I don't remember if i told anyone, but my husband's cousin and 4 of her kids came down to florida on sunday and are staying with us. Well, the 3 boys are 9, 9, and 6, and they're LOUD. always talking over each other and yelling. So this morning around 9:45, while Tyi and i were trying to sleep, they're all yelling, their mom gets on their case about whatever it is (she's loud too), and Tyi and i don't have a door on our room- just a blanket hung up for privacy. So I'm woken up by them being loud and i wait a while to see if they're about to leave or if they quiet down. they didn't. So i finally got out of bed (which was a challenge because Tyi was blocking my exit a bit) and put on a shirt and popped out of the room into the hall and i said "Hey, tyi and i are trying to sleep, can you please keep it down?" And i was speaking to the room, but i guess the cousin thought i was just talking to the boys (but i meant her too), and she said hastily/snappily "We're about to leave." so i was like, "okay." And then she went to the hallway (where the rooms are) and i was about to go to the bathroom, which is between the rooms, and i said to her, "Hey I just want to let you know that i wasn't trying to be a bitch or anything." (I didn't know if i came across like that, so i was covering my bases. Sometimes i can't tell my tone.) She just ignored me and told her youngest to get his swimming suit on, which at that point i was about to enter the bathroom, but his trunks and shoes were in there, so i pointed it out and let him change first. And then at that point the cousin told me they would have left sooner but her niece said to wait for her but she lives 2 hours away and they weren't going to wait and it ended up that she's not able to go to the springs anyways. which to that i was like "oh wow. i hate when that happens." So i figured things were fine, because they left right after that.

So by that point it's almost 12. I got myself a bowl of cereal, and went to lie down and try to sleep a bit more, which i did, cause the house was quiet. So when i woke up around 3:45, i find a group chat to me and Tyi with his mom, saying "Hey no disrespect but sleep at night because I cannot keep children quiet during waking hours after they slept all night. I really don’t know what the issue is with them" to which Tyi replied that he knows he should be asleep at night but it's hard for him. (we've been working afternoon shifts for the last 6 years, and adjusted our sleep schedule so we were waking up right before we went to work, because that's what you do when you work a day shift, so why would a later shift be any different? And she KNOWS we've been on a night shift type schedule for the last 6 years.) And she replied " not you, [9yo] was loud this morning and [rena] yelled. And I’m not going to try to keep them from being kids during the day so you all can sleep. That’s not ok for them to sleep all night and then quiet all day till you all wake up. Sorry but not fair. I really don't know what the issue is with [Rena] and the kids." which them being loud isn't even the problem, we're just asking that they don't freaking yell at or over each other and be considerate while we're asleep BECAUSE we don't have a door. And i'm sorry, i'd understand the volume control issues from the 6 year old, but the 9 year olds should be able to watch their volume when they know other people are sleeping. She also said that i yelled at one of the 9 year olds, but i really didn't yell. I was just reminding everyone we were trying to sleep and don't have a door and to please not be so loud while we're trying to sleep. But apparently we're in the wrong because we're up late *shurg*

My issue is that the cousin told Tyi's mom instead of talking to me or him about it. His mom wasn't here when it happened, there's no reason to involve her other to just talk crap about us behind our backs.

Even if i went to bed at like 11, it wouldn't matter because i sleep more than the average person. Seriously, it's like i sleep 12-14 hours a day. And i'm still tired after becuase i have chronic fatigue that's made worse by the house being so hot.

Also, yesterday, The cousin left the 3 boys here while she went to run errands with her daughter and my MIL. No one asked if we'd keep an eye on the boys, and i had a headache, and Tyi was like, not my problem i wasn't asked to watch them, and basically ignored them. I on the other hand was really anxious about them being left to their own devices because they're rambunctious kids that tend to break things because they're careless so i kept an eye on them. I also had a headache, and i was tired because i hadn't slept yet from the night before. Their mom knew that too before she left. So at one point Tyi decided he was going to take a nap (he also hadn't slept), so i told the boys that they needed to be quieter (they were yelling at each other) and not have their devices on full volume (even with the door closed to the room they were in i could hear the phones like i was in the room with them There's like no sound proofing in this house.)

Also, last night Tyi's mom said she was just going to turn off the power to our room at night when she has to work the next day because he's loud sometimes (not really, he's quieter than the kids are... She also has a TV in her room with the volume on and she's across the house. so we really don't get that), and had messaged him about it and because he didn't see the notification she flipped out. She really doesn't treat us like adults and it really pisses me off.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 12:21:39 )
@Totalanimefan: Aww poor dog! I hope he's ok now!

@Alorrena: I really want steak too now lol. I'm going to volunteer for the women's shelter for a fundraiser tonight and it's at a restaurant where they have prime rib. I know what dinner is for me tonight lol!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 15:34:22 )

@Alorrena: Thank you
Also wow rude much. They are staying in your house for free and need to respect you. They could have let the kids play outside or had them put on a movie or went out to lunch, just something! There are a ton of things that they could have done. No need to shut them up, but also you could let the kids be loud away from sleeping people.
Anyway, I suggest you say they can play outside, or here is a local park or here is a good place for breakfast that we like that isn't too expensive.

@SorrowTheMad: He's not. He went back to the vet yesterday and will be back today. They still don't know what's wrong with him.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/25 21:21:11 )
@SorrowTheMad: oh nice! that sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your time! Also, prime rib is AMAZING!

@Totalanimefan: How's your dog doing today?
Yeah, we're just dropping it. Also we had a little over a half gallon of milk yesterday and when we woke up today it was almost empty- like one bowl of cereal's worth was left. and neither me or Tyi drank or used it. And no one asked us if they could have some. Another thing that's just being swept under the rug because his mom likes to over react and will just be like, "Are you kidding me? it's $4." and will get really grouchy about it if we bring it up. Man, They're all lucky that i have anxiety and can't deal with confrontation. And that Tyi asked me to not say anything because of how his mom would react. *eyeroll* It's whatever. I'm not even really upset that much about it being gone. It's more they took it without asking (ThAt'S wHaT STeaLiNg Is!). They'll be gone soon enough. Honestly, if It weren't for this saturday being the grandparent's 50th anniversary, i would just go to my friend's house until they left. But, if we can get through today and tomorrow, then we'll be okay because they're all going to a rental in Kissimmee for the grandparent's anniversary weekend. Then we just have another week to get through.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 03:39:37 )
@Alorrena: that'd be amazing. it fits 1 of my mascots so well.

@Totalanimefan: no wonder. i came after the big days lol

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 05:51:34 )
@DreamerZ: I'm waiting on a response for 2 of them since i want another one. I'll let you know if i get an answer lol

How are you doing today?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 18:03:25 )

@Alorrena: That's really shitty of them. They need to understand that they are guests. People can be so rude.
Dog is a little better. When to the vet again yesterday for an ultrasound. He's Pancreas is enlarged but they don't know why. He's eating a bit again and was able to go on a short walk today.

@DreamerZ: What year did you join Gaia?
I can't wait for you to experience an event on Voltra. I wish I knew when the next event was.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 22:41:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. More screaming from them today, and a lot of it. AND i had/have a migraine but because no one cares if Tyi and i are sleeping, i didn't get out of bed. It was also really hot and gross too and that didn't help either. I think i might talk to my mother in law about keeping the house literally 1 degree cooler because it makes a huge difference in our room with the PCs.
My MIL doesn't seem to understand that Tyi and i have been working night shift for the past 6 or so years, AND that before we even moved in together i was working night shifts since i had my first job as an adult. So i've been on a nigh shift sleep schedule for the last 10 years basically.

Oh i'm glad he's doing better! hopefully he keeps getting better and gets back to normal soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 22:45:18 )

@Alorrena: 1 degree is worth your sanity esp if you are the ones paying.
People that don't work night shifts don't understand and are so judgey about it.

Thank you. I feel like I'm just waiting for bad news. He's old and we have no idea why this happened.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:32:06 )
@Totalanimefan: we're paying all but $50 basically. Because that's what MIL's electric bill was before we moved in because she was never home and had the AC off all the time. That one degree is the difference between me sweating with a fan on and me not sweating with the fan not pointed at me. it's amazing how much of a difference it makes.

Yeah i understand that feeling all too well. Its hard when something like this happens and your pet is old.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:35:17 )

@Alorrena: I know the difference one degree makes. I can feel the difference with one degree on the thermostat.
Yes it is hard, and what else is hard is that he has SOOO many health problems. The heart failure, the seizures, he's deaf, he can't hold it anymore because of a spinal issue, etc, etc. The list just goes on. It's very, very hard on my husband and I and I've never seen a dog with so many health problems.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:42:58 )
@DreamerZ: Yeah, I get keep missing peeps. I've been slammed for a bit with work and house works, that finally I've got more online time now. How ya'll been?

@Alorrena: Your disneybounding looks so fun. When I got at the end of the year, I want to do something. Maybe christmasy, and something fun for the 50th. I did wish me and my hubby could do Anakin and Padme, as he is big star wars guys, and he wants to make jokes about hating sand.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:43:32 )
@Totalanimefan: How did you move end up going? How is unpacking going?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:48:40 )

@Rei Ann: It was a lot. The movers didn't come with any extra boxes and we ran out of boxes so we moved like 90% of the stuff in our house, but not everything. It's out now. Took like 4 days to move things over plus a few days on either side for packing and unpacking. The apartment is a little bit smaller than the house so we are seeing what we don't need and donating it.
Dog was sick from Sunday to Yesterday and my husband and I thought that he was going to die. Vets had to see him on Monday, Tues and Wed cause he wasn't getting better and they didn't know why. Still don't know, but they think from the ultrasound that he has something wrong with his pancreas. So they are having an expert look at it. We will know next week. He's finally eating, but just the GI food the vet gave us.
Apartment is about 70% unpacked I would say. Meet with the realtor last night at the old place so he could see it.

How are you and your husband?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 06:48:45 )
@Totalanimefan: I never could tell the difference before now. And i still can't tell the difference between anything below 71. Honestly, i can't imagine how hard that is for you guys. The worst i've seen any of my pets in the past is the not eating and not being able to control their bodily functions.

on a side note, MIL gave us a oscillating fan today and i have it pointing at Tyi and i have my small desk fam blowing at me and it feels so niceeeee!

@Rei Ann: Awe thanks! I think you could definitely do something for christmas. I mean, practically every disney character has a christmas outfit somewhere, so i think you could probably adapt an outfit there. The couple's idea sounds cute too. Tyi isn;t much of a dress up kind of person, so he chose not to, but i think if your hubby would like disney bounding, especially for something he really likes, i think it would be a lot of fun for you two.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.