Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Which fast food place has the best fries?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 01:05:29 )

Let's start a debate....but keep it civil. It's Voltra lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 01:07:03 )

I really like McDonald's fries (although their burgers upset my tummy)
Shout out to Sonic who has amazing Tater Tots but those are different

I think that most places are ok. The only place I think they really suck at are-
In and Out
Steak and Shake

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 01:08:33 )
i had jack in the box fries the other day and they were good.

mcd's are either really good or really bad. :(

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 01:24:06 )

I don't know if I've ever had Jack in the Box fries. I ate there once but I don't remember getting the fries.
I haven't had BK fries since 2019? I do remember liking them.

I like some soggy fries. Not like In and Out's tho, those are just limp 100% haha

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 02:10:33 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ok so i live in belgium and for a long time there werent alot of fast food chains like that. The only ones i remember are Mcdonalds and Quik. Mayby also have to do with the fact that you can buy fries anywhere here and if you can get really good fresh fries that cost practicly the same compared to those fast food chains... yea.
However with more recent years theres been more fast food chains coming here (since last year we sudenly have a dunkin donuts in the city i live in? i was so suprised lol)
And beside the previously stated ones the only other ones i tried where from burger king. I quite liked the food there but that may be bc it was so new to me? idk. Also the fries seemed to taste atleast a lil fresher in burger king so thats a + from me

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 03:03:42 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Popeyes!

The real reason is they actually heat up pretty well when reheated. Especially if its in the air fryer.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 04:56:00 )

5 Guys counts? It’s a fast food place.
Everyone killing be with their McDonalds opinions lol
I have not had Wendy’s fries in probably 5 years.

+1 for another person liking BK

I always get their biscuit I don’t think I’ve ever had their fries. But reheat ability matters.

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 10:58:19 )
Smashburger. They're shoestring fries slathered in a butter and herb situation. They also have haystack onion rings which are heavenly.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — He/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 12:20:58 )
live your life how you want . . .

OMFG I miss Steak & Shake, I literally forgot they existed until just know.
That was some good fricking food.

I like the fries from both Burger King and McDonald's, but they HAVE TO BE FRESH
Like mouth-burning hot, or they get soggy and gross. ugh

. . . it\\\'s the only one you get
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Olda** mule from 2018, back from its fabulous grave

WARNING: My profile has animated gifs and flashing colours

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 12:34:10 )
Had fries from this placed called ''five guys'' once. Honestly best fries i've ever tasted!

Petty sure they made everything there (including hamburgers) from scratch/with fresh ingredients.
Bonus points cause that place let's you mix 2 milkshake flavors.
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 16:58:11 )

Five Guys is great with customization. And I like their hamburgers a lot.

I think the Steak and Shake's burgers and milkshakes are very good. I had a friend that worked there when we were in high school. She said that it's made with real ice cream and milk. She would make them herself.

I really like Smashburger's burgers. They are a similar style to Steak and Shake's where it's a thin patty and the ends are almost crispy. It's good like that. I can't remember their fries and I don't know why because I remember having them. I think I must have liked them.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 17:52:41 )
    Five Guys.

I used to buy a pair of hamburgers from Carl's Jr. (I think it's known as Hardee's in half of the country) for $5, then drive over to Five Guys just for their fries. I felt like In N Out was way over-hyped and I wouldn't go back. I did finally get to a Shake Shack and, while I liked the burger (and that you could have a beer with it), the fries/cheese sauce were kind of lackluster for me. I think the cheese was just a little too cloying and fries were a bit too plain.

Apparently a fry tier list.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:03:59 )

HANDS DOWN WENDYS WHEN THEY COME FRESH. the thing is i more commonly eat McD's fries because they are pretty consistent but when Wendy's gives me fresh fries, NO ONE CAN TOP THEM.

Popeyes comes in second; they are ALWAYS good

i haven't had the more fancy fast food places cause they don't have them here like shake shack and whatnot

bloop

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:25:57 )
    This is KFC erasure.

Just kidding, idk if I've ever eaten them. The only fast food I eat is McDonald's, and their fries are...adequate... Lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:30:29 )

lolol Sunny.

Fresh Wendy's aren't bad since they moved to the sea salt fries. But I think that was like 10 years ago now and I haven't had them in soo long.

I do like Shake Shack's fries, but I go there for the awesome burger and shakes (best shakes, fight me) so I normally don't have the fries to save calories and money lol

Thanks for the list Blue. Totally agree that In and Out's is last. They aren't good. They use fresh potatoes which can be fine, but the problem is they don't dry them off. You don't want wet potatoes when frying. I don't know if I would consider Arby's good or the best. XD I do like Checker's fries. I could get them down in FL.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:34:04 )

KFC's potato wedges were good, but I heard they discontinued them.

Of the normie yellow shoestring fries, mackdonald is best. But Arby's are better. MrBeast Burger's beast style fries are high on my list, but only bc of the toppings; otherwise, crinkle cut fries are the lowest form of fry.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:36:29 )

Tell me about these MrBeast fries? I didn't know he had some.

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 19:37:27 )

I used to swear by wendy's and mcd's but the last few times I've had them I was disappointed 😞 So I have to go Hardee's,BK's,Checkers and you can't go wrong with Arby's curly fries haha

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 19:38:39 )

Maybe they are out here, changing the recipe on us?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 20:03:16 )

@Totalanimefan: it's basically a cheeseburger, except fries. pickles, ketchup, mustard, cheese, etc... loaded onto fries.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.