Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 03:04:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Not sure if a thread for this has been made but, anyone have goals for 2022? No matter how miniscule they are.

i have a few but most relate to art.
such as just teaching myself to paint digitally and maybe do better at studying.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 16:34:49 )
Mine are to actually focus hard on crochet projects and get them done and stop having so many WIPs at once. ^_^; Easier said than done.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 19:32:57 )

Thanks for making this thread! I think it's important that we all have goals for 2022 no matter how big or small!

My #1 goal for 2022 is to finish my BA and I hope to get it by Sept 1st, 2022. (That's the end of my 2nd term) I would say I'm on track. I started Sept 1st, 2021 and I'm 52% finished with my degree! (That does include transfer credits). I've wanted to get my BA for so many years and I was kinda ashamed that I had to drop out when I was a college student the first time.

Another goal of mine is to work on my house to make it more homely. My husband and I bought it in Feb 2021 and we have done a lot of work on it, but nothing like home decor.

I would like to use my bike more. I love riding around but it's a real pain to unlock it in my backyard and then lock it up wherever I go. It stops me from wanting to use it when I could just walk or take the metro.

I would like to spend less on eating out. I get so lazy sometimes or I had a hard day and I don't want to cook, my husband doesn't like cooking, so then we eat out.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 19:36:44 )

I have a few goals!

• I want to move out of this nasty state I've been trapped in for my entire life. Preferably, I want to move in with my boyfriend. But even just getting a small studio by myself in another part of the country would be fantastic at this point.
  • I want to finally look into getting a therapist, I just haven't had any time these past several months.
  • I want to straighten out my diet. I work 80+ hours a week, including weekends, and have for the last 7-8 months, so I just never have time for cooking. Which means, of course, most of my diet consists of frozen meals and takeout. Not to mention, I don't like fast food, so I'm always getting restaurant stuff and it's expensive af. I need to start finding time to cook!
  • I want to try and be healthier in general. I suffer from depression and BPD (TLDR: no regular feelings, just EXTREME feelings) which is a nasty combo when it comes to taking care of myself. I've mostly gotten my medication under control so I think it'll finally be easier to start caring for myself and my health.
  • I want to paint and draw more. I used to be very passionate about it and love painting. But I haven't really done anything in the last couple of years, aside from like 2-3 paintings done for friends. I want my hobby back.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 22:27:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Sage: I completely understand the change in diet one. I probably should do better with mine.
i don't eat nearly enough as i should or eat too much of good foods as I often just need something to make easily
thanks to my adhd makes it very hard to do simple tasks.

I hope you'll be able to achieve all your goals in 2022!

@Grandma: I relate to this one. With my art i have more unfinished WIPS than actual finished stuff hahah
so hopefully we both can finish some of our projects. :vanora_sweat:

@totalanimefan: all are very good goals!
hope you are able to do all of them.

@Fizzgig: A lot of these i also want to do. Especially not eating so much processed or frozen foods. I have a cousin who has BPD, and depression on top of that and has two kids so i understand how hard it can be at times. I would also like to meal prep my foods. I don't go anywhere and don't really work but it's extremely hard for me to do such simple tasks.

So I want to have a better diet, and eat foods good for me and my adhd.
My fam also wants to move. we have such an awful land lord who does the bare minimum so moving is ideal for us right now to get out of this place.

I hope you and your boyfriend find a nice place to live in as i know how hard it is to find a place.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 22:45:38 )

@MoodyB: Thank you. I think that your goals are great and I hope that you can reach them. ^^ I believe in you and I think that you have grown over the last 12 months. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 23:05:26 )

Finally getting my back sorted out. I really should not be walking around any longer with it.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 23:31:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: thank you. tho i feel the complete opposite LOL.
just since not much has really changed and i really did not do what i wanted to do at all this year.

@vengeance: hopefully your back will feel a lot better soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 01:32:55 )

@MoodyB: Sometimes just understanding yourself better is how you begin to grow and change. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 02:33:28 )

DOING less digital art while focus more on paintings & selling them.
Spend less with both Social Media & electronics that distracts me.
Visiting my dad's side of the family in the Caribbean whenever they re-open their boarders to Americans, again.

Wow, some of you guys have real serious 2022 Goals. May it come true.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 07:28:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: and art. lol. my brain is just in a stuck mode with my work and improving.
which is why im unhappy with how my year went.
just didn't grow as i would've hoped like i wanted last year.
but hopefully i can focus enough to remember it next year.

@koneko: All sound really good goals. What kind of dog do you have?
My fam wants to eventually get a pet. tho we'd have to move first lol.
tho lately i would love to have a beagle pupper just because im fearful of large dogs.

@Qiqi Agatha: Hope you are able to see your family in the carribbean soon and achieve all your goals.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 08:22:15 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@koneko: Aww. he sounds super sweet.
My aunt and her husband were terrible at training dogs so i was a bit traumatized by them and some previous encounters
at a friend's house where a much bigger dog than me pinned me down so, big dogs i am not super fond of.

Probably not next year but one day.
I really want a cat tho. and would want one for emotional support but we have a stickler for a land lord lol
who just doesn't want to do her job lol.
im hoping we can just move soon.

Voltie — she Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 22:56:00 )
Drink more water!
practice more on digital drawing
lose weight and love myself again
learn something new

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 05:58:58 )
@MoodyB: Thank you, I hope so too. Have a good 2022.

Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/31 07:08:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@koneko: hopefully! my grandma and some of my dad's friend's are keeping their eyes
peeled for a new place to live which will allow cats as we just need a new addition to the family.
my sis and I have never had a cat. but my dad has when we first dated my mom.

that sounds so awesome!
I need to add to mine to stop being afraid to draw what i like.
and maybe a change in diet and exercise.

@Qiqi Agatha: Thank you! you too!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 01:51:56 )
I always set goals/resolutions at the start of the year but rarely see them through. I'm a little more determined this year as I'm getting older and we've basically just lost two years of our lives.

• Go to the gym regularly (3 days a week at least)
  • Make a podium at speedway
  • Create an image for my speedway racing
  • See my parents again (It's been two years)
  • Get competent at Javascript

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 01:58:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Kreatura: I'm the same way with my goals but also very determined to make my goals
last this year.
i will write my down on a sticky note on my computer so i can stay motived and remember it *has terrible memory*

Those are great goals! I hope you get to see your parents soon.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 02:05:08 )
@MoodyB: A visual reminder is a great idea, really good for motivation. Imagine the satisfaction you will have when crossing off one of the items.

Best of luck with your goals! I bet you will kick em'!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 02:08:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Kreatura: right?? i hope i will be able to stay motivated to do that.

Thank you! I hope you will get your goals achieved too!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.