Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 22:15:47 )

I spend 6 hours today writing an essay for this BS class. I save it and go to upload it for grading and the document was blank. Long, long story short Word corrupted my document and made it 0 bytes. Nothing was left, not even the online template I downloaded from my school. I'm so upset. This was the going to be the start of my holiday break and now instead I have to write the whole thing over again. None of this was my fault either, just unlucky.
Edit: About 3 hours later I'm done writing the essay a 2nd time. Gave a lot less fucks about it. Hope it still comes back with a passing grade.

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 22:20:43 )

Oh god that sucks!! My only thing is, How are you going to remember what you had written? Do you remember what you wrote o.o+

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 22:28:27 )
    Omg.... That's horrible! Did it not automatically back up to the cloud? (Idk how Word works).

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:02:41 )

Sounds like you should've used Google Docs. o uo;; That's very unfortunate...
Good luck writing it again..

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:05:57 )
@Totalanimefan: oh no iam Sorry for you! I hope you got the strange to do it even better *sends super duper awesome vibes*

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:11:26 )
Oh that sucks! I'm so sorry... But I'm also kind of glad to hear this because it lends credence to some of my son's claims of really unbelievable stupid school tech type issues. Is there anything you can do other than rewrite everything?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:31:35 )

@NixieFae: I remember some of it. I guess I'm just going to rewritten it and see what I can remember.
@Wildfire: I just have to rewrite it. That's what I've been doing since I posted this and I'm also done. Maybe like another hour's worth of work.
@Miss Sandman: Thank you. I was super upset over this. I also have stuff to do before the holidays here in the US. Gotta go to the store.
@Kent: There is suppose to be a backup system but it failed too.
@sunny: Nope. Which super sucks because I couldn't even get a backup. After I finish writing the essay again I'm going to set up some failsafes.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:31:59 )

Thank you all for your support and empathy. I was crying as I started writing my essay again.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:37:04 )

I'm sorry to hear this and it sucks the backup system failed too.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:42:26 )

@totalanimefan: Wow, that's crazy. Is it an old version of Word?

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 23:50:06 )
@Totalanimefan: stressfull days are the worst... buy some treats for you dear!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:01:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

that absolutely sucks, im so sorry.
I remember something similar happened with one of my old art pieces.

I had worked so hard on it. Had to restart my computer and when i re-opened it, it was completely blank.
My whole PSD got corrupted or wiped or something and i was not even done.
so i was forced to just upload the png i saved. Which luckily i saved it as a PNG with most of the progress.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:01:54 )

ngh this would have made me so crazy D:
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Maybe moving forward it would be a good idea to always save two files? Like one when you're halfway or nearly done, and the other when you're done. that way if you have to redo it cause of shitty corruptions, the other will be there so you dont start aaaaaaall the way over

Make sure you get some dang good snacks to accompany your writing

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:14:10 )

@Kent: No. It's word for Mac and apparently it's a years old bug that still hasn't been fixed by Microsoft.
@vengeance: Thanks. -hugs-
@Miss Sandman: Thanks I'm going to do just that!
@Kory: Yeah, but instead of getting mad I just cried lol
@MoodyB: Well that F-ing sucks. I know how you feel though. All that work done in a flash.
@Jolly: Yes. I'm totally going to do that, and I did that with this essay the 2nd time. I left nothing up to chance. I'll make sure that I get myself some treats from the store.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:16:29 )

Ok essay is finished for a 2nd time. Well that was hours of my life I will literally never get back, and I don't know which one was better the first or second version, but whatever. It's done.
And if it passes, I finish the class and never have to worry about it again.

The other essays I was so happy about finishing and I felt proud of myself for writing an essay in a short amount of time, this time I just wanted the task to F off and I don't want to look at it anymore, but also there is no happiness I feel right now. Only tired.

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:18:19 )

Aw geez, that sucks so hard! I'm sorry you had to go through that. :C At least rewriting it is over now and you can start your break.

Please ping me!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:18:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah. that was last year i think when i lost all my progress.
i was so upset.
i blame my computer since my laptop honestly is the worst.

but maybe one day i'll redraw it since it looks very unfnished and very weird anatomy wise LOL.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:20:22 )

@CooperationIsKey: Thank you. I'm ready for it. Mentally I don't even want to go to the store, but I know I have to do it tonight, with the holidays coming up in a few days, I can't wait until tomorrow night or Wednesday. I'll get myself a treat at the store.

@MoodyB: It's hard to even do the work again after you lost it. I wouldn't blame you for never wanting to touch it again.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:26:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: haha yeah. she is my oldest OC and love her but haven't really drawn her since that.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 00:39:10 )
Yikes 😬

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.