Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Mojo Monday!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 19:14:49 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I did nothing exciting this weekend besides make some cookies from scratch. I am pumped for this upcoming weekend. A group of coworkers and I are heading out bowling since we are all fully vaxed! It's exciting almost having a normal holiday weekend.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:10:04 )

@Koah: lol my day is going well. Got some stuff knocked off my list of things to do so I’m chilling.
@Tink: cool that you had a workday without your boss around. Those are always better work days.
@MoodyB: oh wow that sounds pretty!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:10:46 )

@Spider: I think having fresh cookies in the house is amazing lol
I miss bowling! Have fun for me this weekend.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:18:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: it probably looks more like a mess since im new and nothing is probably accurate.
I do like it as a starting point.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 22:49:52 )
@Koah: um rude, you’re supposed to watch tv with me, duh

xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 23:07:12 )
@Ruby: -GASP- you caught me. I mean, I did introduce my new roommie to one of the best sitcoms in history. So ... >:p
@Totalanimefan: I'm chillin' too now. I got my annoying stuff done. Now I get to relax and make dinner.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 02:55:07 )
@Koah: true true. Hmm. Okay.

3rd rock from the sun really is an amazing show xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 03:27:20 )

@MoodyB: it will look great in no time. ^^
@Koah: nice. I made dinner too and some frittatas for tomorrow.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 03:34:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: probably not since it's my firs painting XD
so im expecting it to not look good. lol
so next time it might look better.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 03:39:00 )

@MoodyB: yeah you only just started but I think it’s cool that you are trying something new b

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 03:53:12 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: hopefully i don't have a mental breakdown during the process LOL
as that has happened in the past whenever i tried.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 04:15:31 )

@MoodyB: I hope you don’t either. Just try to take it step by step.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 05:35:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: So far i haven't tho! so progress.
i do like how she looks.
but i will be stumped on the hair for a while LOL
and clothes.

[X]
Progress if you were curious how it looked.

its not super painterly. but it's a start to just painting in general.
as im picky with textures.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 16:14:19 )

@MoodyB: Wow your new art piece looks great! I love the colors you used too. ^^

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 19:10:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: Thank you.
technically it's an old piece. But i am kinda revamping it and just testing out painting.
I plan to finish and paint it completely and incorporate it into my art since my current art i am not happy with
cause it's just so simple and i just haven't been enjoying it and need a challenge.

but i really like it so far.
She is part of my fruit series so the rest of the fruit series will have this painterly look to it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:32:02 )

@MoodyB: Could you post more of your art from the fruit series when you finish (no pressure though) I think it's pretty. ^^

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 22:32:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: im not really sure.
i totally stopped posting on votlra and making art through my art shop on here since nothing good came out of it
and don't think anyone was interested in my work.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 01:04:45 )

Sorry this is so long

To combat my depression and anxiety, I've been hanging out with my sister for the past two weeks. We've been taking walks, running errands, getting health shakes together, and etc. Those seem like such simple everyday things, but they're things that I haven't been doing over the past few months due to anxiety or holding myself back. Also, money is always an issue for me, so now that I'm working 2 jobs and get a paycheck every week, I feel a bit more flexbile, like I can spend a little bit on something that isn't a bill or a loan.

Last Friday I had an interview for a new barista job that pays $15/hr and got hired on the spot. I'm excited to start working after the paperwork/ hiring process is done. The pay is much better than what I'm getting at my current barista job. Thinking about the stability I'll have working that job and my dental assistant job gives me a bit of hope that my financial problems will subside for a bit.

Lastly, I've been wanting to move out of my apartment for almost 2 years now. Despite my non-stop apartment searching and reaching out to different leasing offices, I haven't been able to move out because the apartments here are so expensive (unless you want to live in a crappy area). Over the weekend, my sister and I drove around to look at some decent apartments that I could possibly afford if I keep up with these jobs, and doing that gave me hope that I could potentially move out sometime this year.
❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 18:06:11 )

@MoodyB: I feel like art shops here are slow. It's a small community so a lot of people already have the art that they want. ^^;

@Ark: OMG OMG OMG That's all great news! I think I'm most excited about your new job with better pay and benefits. Good you! I go for walks with my husband it's something we have almost always done. I loved our long walks when we lived in FL and we would just talk about how our day went or what we want for the future. It also felt good to stretch our legs. In CA we did it a lot during the start of the pandemic and then here in DC we just walk everywhere because it's so easy. ^^
Where are you living now? I hope that you are able to get a nice apartment. If you can't afford the nice one ask if they have affordable units. When I lived in FL I worked in West Palm Beach but I couldn't afford the area. There was a nice apartment complex that was new, and when I said to my husband I don't know if we can afford this she said well 10% of our units are affordable units for people under a certain income. We made too much money per year by like $1,000 but maybe you could. You just need to ask and then you can provide them your paystubs so they can make sure you are in the right income bracket.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 18:51:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah. so i've 100% given up on my art shop.
and being an artist on here...its quite discouraging.
so i just decided to close everything relating to my art.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.