Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:24:06 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: They did.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:34:21 )
@Kairu: Getting gifts in or out from under it must be quite the interesting experience! XD

@vixen: lol. excuses, excuses... XD

@another movie addict: good. It sounds like they would have! <3

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:35:22 )
"Dino Kairu in his natural habitat..

@wildfire: cactus too smol to be next to the gifts xD

Nomming all da cookies likes nobodys business..." -uwu- - Kairu OC

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:36:52 )
@Kairu: ......... o..... k..... so how is it a christmas cactus (unless it's actually a christmas cactus)???

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:39:43 )
This is exactly

I don't think that I'll be putting up my tree this year. As I have a doggo who'd destroy it.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:40:46 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: yeah i just got an opal, so i need to play around with it... you know? XD

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:42:16 )
"Dino Kairu in his natural habitat..

@Wildfire:

oh cactus tree OvO

Nomming all da cookies likes nobodys business..." -uwu- - Kairu OC
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:54:46 )
@Another Movie Addict: that is one consideration for putting up a tree!
I'm glad our dogs don't destroy the tree (much). They are already trying to find their gifts, though! If they were kids, they'd be opening packages when they didn't think I was looking! XD

@Vixen: I definitely understand that!! :3 Have fun - can't wait to see what you come up with!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:55:58 )
@Kairu: Awwwww!!! <3 That's just the most adorable thing! So ... prop it up on top of the pile of gifties?? XD

We have not yet put up the tree. We probably won't until next weekend...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 23:12:07 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: hmmmm i was going for grape/shortcake, but ended up shortcake pastel instead XD

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 23:47:46 )
@Vixen: lol... sometimes that happens. Maybe the grape will end up being a nice accent color?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 04:28:55 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

sunny:

@xvz: this year I've probably written about 10 stories of varying length. I think I need to write a few more tbh.
Your story ideas sound super interesting! Surreal semi-horror is my jam. I am especially intrigued by the sci fi retelling of the myth (I recently wrote a sci fi retelling of a fairy tale) - which myth were you thinking?

sunny that sounds anthology length ready to me!! :3 the last short story collection i read is her body and other parties by carmen maria machado -- if surreal semi-horror is ur jam i think you would like it!! -- and it was 8 stories (although one is a novella?)
but i think it's less abt length and it depends on when you think you're ready too :0 i think to me 10 stories seems ready though so i bet you could put something together soon if u wanted :3

and ty!! i really like the myth of hou yi, it's the origin story of the mid autumn festival. it starts w an archer shooting down nine suns and ends w a woman becoming the moon!!

hbu which fairy tale did u retell?? how did u adapt it?? :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 07:32:47 )
@Wildfire: I was checking to make sure connections weren't screwing me over, so what's up?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 12:17:27 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus: I got a ping from you and was replying. Otherwise, there's not much going on here so far. How are you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 12:19:57 )
Good morning.
It's rainy and thundering here this morning. The dogs are freaked out and we have a tornado watch going on, according to all the phone alarms which were going off. So how is your day so far??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 17:48:35 )

@xvz: Oh I love that Chinese myth! I wrote a (short) retelling of Chang'e's story a few years ago! It's such an amazing interesting myth!
I retold Rumpelstiltskin. It's basically a sci fi imagining that picks up after the original story ends. I set it on a spaceship and Rumpelstiltskin is some kind of alien/demon, and the king is a bad guy, and they go down to a foreign planet and get eaten by a sandworm. Lol it sounds ridiculous when I phrase it like that xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 17:49:20 )

@Wildfire: Hey. I hope you guys are OK with the tornado?? :O scary!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 18:05:33 )
@sunny: Yes, scary! It doesn't happen very often around here, fortunately, but it's never much fun to be woken up in the wee hours of the morning due to all the phones going off with alerts (but I'd rather that than be obliterated in my sleep, I think). And yes, all is fine here. The sun is out now and the weather is much cooler than it has been recently! Thanks for your concern though! <3
How are you doing today?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 18:06:53 )
Hello! Feels like forever since I've been on my computer. =O
I missed you guys and this thread. <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 19:55:59 )

@Wildfire: That's good to hear! That must have been an unsettling way to wake up:O
I'm doing OK thanks, still a bit dizzy today but nothing too bad. I went grocery shopping today, it took so long :( we have to walk, and it's such a long journey I feel like Frodo going up Mount Doom lmao.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.