Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm getting Tacos and Horchata for dinner!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:25:06 )

From a good local Mexican restaurant near me. I'm looking forward to it. I know their tacos are good but I didn't get a chance to have their horchata last time and I want to try it~ I haven't had horchata since before the pandemic. It's a big need.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:25:29 )

Just wanted to share my excitement with you all. Feel free to post what you had for dinner too!

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:34:47 )
@totalanimefan: hey there ^.^ I've never had horchata I hear my friends talking about it on my other games about how yummy it is they tried to tell me how to make it but I don't think it would taste like how it's supposed to XD we just ordered some Chinese food today I been busy and was too tired to cook tonight lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:35:27 )
@Totalanimefan: That sunds so goooood ;w; I made ramen today~

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 23:56:38 )
Oooh, yum! What kind of tacos are you having?

I'm having tacos at home later! Pork tacos, to be exact, and the pork is in the slow cooker. I'm salivating!! ;q;
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 01:59:09 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I miss good tacos TwT I should've picked up horchata concentrate last time I went grocery shopping but it didn't even cross my mind...

I had soy-based chorizo and scrambled tofu for dinner, since I didn't think I'd want to eat the same breakfast 2 days in a row lol.
Tomorrow for dinner I might make Thai basil dumplings :0

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 04:22:57 )

@LilMissKushy: it’s very good. It’s a smooth drink that is sweet and tastes like cinnamon and the one I had today also tasted like almonds. Chinese food is good. Which dish did you get?
@diavolos: ramen is always good! Which flavor?
@Aisukohi: Carnitas gang for life!! <3
@0v7: I didn’t know you could get concentrate! I have to look for that. That dinner also sounds good.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 09:24:21 )
@totalanimefan: yeah someone told me it's made with steeped rice and coconut milk and Cinnamon.. I think I'd like that.. because I feed a big family my niece and sister and kids .. I ordered a few varieties of stuff and had a bit of each.. we had special fried rice with gravy special chow Mein chips and sweet chilli chicken and onion rings .. I only ate half mine the other half will do for my lunch ^.^

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 09:39:08 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't really know what flavour I could call it haha xD Umami, I suppose? It's all home made so its super mushroomy :D

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 10:27:31 )

@Totalanimefan: You can! It's usually in the Latine aisle of supermarkets. The one I get is amazing, though hard to make since it's thick - it calls for 3 tablespoons of concentrate to 8 ounces of water, but since the consistency is goopy it's a bit hard. Worth it though!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 10:35:24 )
Reading the posts in this thread are making me hungry but I have to go grocery shopping -_- I’ve been avoiding the store like the plague. There was a shooting there just a week ago.

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 16:49:58 )

@diavolos: Wow homemade ramen! Sounds amazing.
@0v7: I don't know if I would like goopy, but I guess I'll try it lol I gotta find a store around me that sells it.
@Peptobismol: OH my gosh! I would be avoiding it too. Is there anywhere that will deliver groceries to you?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 16:53:02 )

@Totalanimefan: It's goopy until you mix it with water! Which is why it's so hard to measure lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 16:54:29 )

@0v7: Oh I see what you mean now. I thought that you meant after you make it it's goopy lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 16:56:12 )

@Totalanimefan: My bad! I was half asleep when replying this morning lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 16:57:28 )

@0v7: No it's ok XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 06:09:22 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

mmmm tacos and horchata ^0^ what kind of tacos did u get?
i love when tacos are topped w radishes, the crunch is so refreshing!! nice texture add to the squishyness
if i make them at home i usually will splash some lime juice and cholula :3
sometimes horchata tastes like bubblegum to me! curious if anyone else tastes it??

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:17:31 )
Tis you! Consider me completely jealous. I get horchata almost daily from a shop up the road from my house, but I am almost always too broke for tacos. It's easier to cough up the .75 cents for the drink. Lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 20:10:12 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@photogenicphish: omgg 75c horchatas ??? may i ask what region ur in

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 22:58:26 )
@xvz: Of course! I am actually in Colorado currently. There is a gas station up the street that sells large cups of it for $.85 and a smaller shop close by that sells them for the $.75

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.