Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:35:20 )
Oh that makes a lot of sense. It's not ethical, of course, but that explains a lot.

And wow, what in the world?? I guess being rich doesn't pay for intelligence. -shrugs-

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:45:56 )
And it's like, we don't really even NEED new housing. There are so many empty homes in america already that any of these buildings are pointless. It would cost us less to just give the homeless people a place to live than having them on the street.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:54:31 )

@Aisukohi: Being rich doesn't make you a nice person, but they think their God's gift to this green earth. 🤷‍♀️

@Elirona: We do need housing in most cities. There are a few places in the US there don't, but in the Bay Area for instance it was always 98% full the apartments. You need a little bit of extra units so that people have units to move into before they move out of their current place.
Austin, TX has been building 10,000 new units of housing a year for the past few years and it has only barely kept up with demand. There are 180 people moving to Austin every day (before Corona numbers).
But I come from a new town in FL and they don't really have much growth.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:58:00 )
Oh no! Rich people gotta keep the poor man down! /sarcasm

It's disgusting with gentrification and all that. We have a lot of abandoned/unused buildings in my area too (Jacksonville, FL) and they're such an eyesore sometimes, but I hate that they're not being used for SOMETHING or not being destroyed altogether.

@Totalanimefan: Truth! I hate how money = power here.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 04:12:05 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, you're right. In big cities public housing 100% needs to be a thing.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 04:33:06 )

@Aisukohi: So true. There is a neighborhood in DC that was nothing but empty lots and abandoned warehouses and they turned it into a whole new neighborhood. It started in about 2005. It's still going and it's a great place. One of my favorite in the city.
@Elirona: I agree! What some developers are going is building a market-rent building so it's a nice one, and then 15-25% of the units are for low income families/people. Studies have shown that those people do much better because the building is nice, normally newer, and in a better location. Plus it's good for society if there is diversity. In both race and social economics. I went to a whole lecture on it. It was pretty cool (Sorry urban planning is a hobby of mine lol)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 04:34:22 )

Of course, there should still be 100% low income projects. And there are, they are normally charities that work with the homeless or with low income families. But because it's a non-profit those buildings tend to be less units. Like the 19 units I was talking about where Apple is, is for low income seniors. It was 100% affordable units.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 06:11:09 )
@sunny:
@Elirona:
@Totalanimefan:
Thanks, I have know idea how it went tho lol. I walked in and they were like, hold on, we have to remember you. Like... you called me??? Why would you schedule a second interview if you can't even remember who I am ashdjsj
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 06:17:33 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, exactly. Everyone deserves a home, is the gist. *nodnod*

@lilykin: What the heck??? you're exactly right, lmao. Why would they call you if they scheduled a *second* interview?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 13:15:56 )

@Lilykin: oh my goodness. What a shit show. :(
@Elirona: yeah. Sorry about all the detail. Lol

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 13:47:29 )
@totalanimefan: You're fine!! You did an excellent job of explaining yourself. :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 13:49:34 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Good morning!!!

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 13:53:22 )
@0v7: Good morning! You get some good rest?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 13:58:23 )

@Elirona: Sadly no, I stayed up till 2am upgrading my phone's operating system. It's nice now though!! I've got the latest update for my phone :D

How's your morning/afternoon/time of day been??

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 14:07:07 )

@Elirona: aw thanks! What’s on the agenda for today?
@0v7: hey good morning ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 14:09:43 )

@Totalanimefan: How's it going?? :0

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 14:21:51 )
@totalanimefan: Ah, the usual...Just working today. I'm on the early shift today so I'm working 8:30 to 5. What about you?

@0v7: Ah, boo. I'm sorry you didn't get good rest. :( But hey, silver lining! New fancy schmancy phone upgrade! My morning is going alright so far, although I got a problem customer on the line who calls at the same time every Tuesday morning like CLOCKWORK.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 14:24:00 )

@Elirona: Customer service is the worst - and I had a relatively easier customer service job. Here's to hoping they aren't gonna take up too much of your time!!!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 14:37:33 )
@0v7: Luckily he did not, usually his calls go on forever. Today he was courteous enough to know what to do himself. :P What's your plan for the day?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 14:48:19 )

@Elirona: My plan for the day is to shuffle my files around and maybe set up automatic backups! And also, play Dappervolk, because... it's questionably fun.
How about you??

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.