Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:53:01 )
Ugh, yes, housing in the US is so expensive. I wish I could live somewhere else, to be honest.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 21:23:06 )
Going in for a second interview at a place that already turned me down /screm

Wish me luck 😬
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 21:47:44 )

@Lilykin: ooo good luck with that! Fingers crossed!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 22:01:28 )
@Totalanimefan: I do like living in a democratic/liberal area. The taxes are some of the highest in the country but we might change the taxes hopefully. >.<

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 22:04:21 )
Good luck, Lilykin!!! You got this!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 22:04:41 )
@Totalanimefan: I think I played it for around 2 months too. I'm interested in the Halloween update cause I love Halloween, but sometimes Animal Crossing feels like a chore to me.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 22:48:50 )
@megaame: Yeah, I get the game feeling like a chore. That's why as soon as I finished making my town the way i liked it, i stopped playing for 4 months :P

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 23:13:59 )

@sunny: Yeah in the US there are cheap place to live where it's like $500 a month. They normally aren't nice places.
@Elirona: Yeah the area around NYC is no joke!
@Lilykin: You got this, Witch girl!
@Lina: Yeah I like that about where I live too, and as far as cities that are more affordable, Chicago tends to be on that list.
@Megaame: I know, I feel like that too. And the dialogue options are so tedious.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 23:14:23 )

@PoeticTorment: If you need any colored Pumpkins let me know.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 23:15:35 )

@Totalanimefan: LOL, I live in a not-nice area, but my building is newly built and on a quiet little side street.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 23:22:56 )
This is affordable!?
Wow. We need higher wages then XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 01:21:01 )

@Lina: i said compared to other cities in the US. Lol it’s still expensive.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 01:34:02 )
@Totalanimefan: it’s hard to imagine other cities being worse!
Except in California, they’re supposed to have such bad cost of living

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:10:10 )
More and more Californians are buying up property in areas outside of California that are close by. They're doing that where I used to live for a bit (Boise, ID) and driving up the cost of living there.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:13:56 )

@Lina: CA is horrible, but so is Boston, NYC, DC, Seattle, Portland, for sure and I think Austin is more expensive? But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's still expensive where you are.
@Aisukohi: Yeah I almost put that one on my list above. It's getting to be a lot. It's cause CA isn't building enough. In the Bay Area they are hardly building anything at all. The city where Apple is built just 19 just units (for seniors only) in the last 2 years.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:24:00 )
@totalanimefan: That really blows my mind considering there are so many people out there despite the absurd cost of living. Meaning more money to do projects like that, no? Also their tourism economy has to be making lots of money (at least before covid, anyway) so just hard for me to wrap my mind around lol.

Buuut I'm sure it has to do with someone misappropriating finances and all that, just like anywhere else.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:28:37 )

@Aisukohi: Well long, long story short. There is a law in CA that your property taxes stay the same as the day you bought the house. So if you bought a house in the 70's, or 80's and it was 200k, and now it's worth 2 mil. You aren't paying property taxes on that 2 mil house. Just 1% of 200k.
So, in order to make their homes go up in value these rich people go to city council and protest any new housing and lots of times they run for city council and they win a seat. I saw in happen all over the Bay Area. They are horrible people tell you that if you built more housing the 'other' kinds of people would be here. What they really mean is 'poor, black and/or homeless' so they stop any and all housing.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:30:50 )
Exactly, Total. the housing is getting much worse because of these capitalists. It's scary to see. :|

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:31:02 )

One lady that is now on the Planning Commission and is running for City Council said that we can't built new housing because Apple employees mostly men and those men are mostly single and they would try to bring our high school girls back into their apartments. So we can't build those new apartments. This is no joke, I have it screenshoted and in an Interview last week she doubled down on that idea.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 03:32:33 )

@Elirona: It's so true. I fought for housing in the Bay Area for years. And I will still fight for new housing where I live now. I even write letters to city council, show up at meetings and speak about how we need housing for all.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.