Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Life updates coming at you from me!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 23:12:48 )

@sunny: yeah same. But with the horrible wildfires right now in CA people aren’t really looking to buy this week. Gonna have to wait until they are over.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 16:56:10 )

@Totalanimefan: omg I didn't know there were wildfires :o

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 18:59:58 )

@sunny: yeah really horrible wildfires in CA for at least the last 5-7 days.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:12:10 )

@Totalanimefan: oh no :( I hope they go out soon!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:17:51 )

@sunny: I’m not sure if they will. Yesterday they were only 30% contained. I hope today it’s more. The whole state has like 30 wild fires right now. Some small but two of them are really big. Top 10 in history of CA.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:20:03 )

@Totalanimefan: wow :o I didn't know california had such a recurrent problem with wildfires :o did you ever experience any?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:26:32 )

@sunny: yes a lot. Since 2017, every year has had a horrible wildfire season.
Normally the season is late Sept through early Nov but it’s starting sooner and sooner. I hate wildfire season. It’s awful. You feel like you can’t believe and outside looks like the world is ending. It lasts for days to sometimes 2 weeks.

It’s one of the reasons why I moved now and not in 2021. I didn’t want to have to go through another wildfire season.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:30:28 )

@Totalanimefan: wow, I can see why you would want to move quicker and avoid all that :o that would terrify me tbh...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:30:39 )

Do you get wildfires in DC?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:47:24 )

@sunny: no. It’s really only a thing in the Western US because there are deserts there. It’s pretty dry there. CA goes months without any rain in the late spring and summer.
Of course fires can happen anywhere but it isn’t a wildfire place.

Yeah super wasn’t a fan. I would totally rather go through a hurricane.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 20:41:33 )

@Totalanimefan: oh yeah i forgot about the desert. It's so weird to me that you can jsut move to a different climate biome but still be in the same country :O

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 20:55:21 )

@sunny: yeah it is to me too. But it’s a huge country too. Driving through it, it seems possible. Every day looked different as we were driving through.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 05:48:28 )
@Totalanimefan: It was just a guess -- y'all could be anywhere in the area, for all I know. :viosweat:

I took the Circulator to and from Union Station for Ota 2019 -- I got on right there at the bus deck, and got dropped off maybe a block from the Marquis. Pretty great, even if they started charging fares again.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 13:01:33 )

@onsenmark: the circulator was free for a time. But it’s only a dollar to ride it now. So that’s still not a bad deal from union station. Those circulatory are pretty convenient. I’ve ridden a few of them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.