Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy 4th of July!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/4 23:46:01 )

Happy Independence Day America!
Is anyone celebrating and if so how? We have a really bad drought in my area so there won't be any fireworks shows near me.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 00:43:41 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Usually the local theme park has three days of bonus fireworks after the usual laserlight show
It is not open right now which means I'm not stuck in a no moving standing only crowd trying to get my stuff back into the back room to finish for the night

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 00:48:30 )

The theme park shut down? Has it always been shut down or was it open recently?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 02:26:31 )
@KDA Drew: oh, now that's a healthy substitution!!
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 02:58:59 )

We hosted a cook out with my husband's side of the family who live just one city away from us now.
We sat on the couch and watched Artemis Fowl then Captain America.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 03:48:12 )
❄🌈Today is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! 🌈❄

@Totalanimefan: my boys and I did what is traditional here. I made dinner, bbq with the fixins. Then we shot off fireworks and talked about history and flammable items and combustion. And so on lol Now I think I deserve some downtime, so hot tea and either Alien or Resident Evil. I'm not sure which one screams louder, Murica! Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 06:19:21 )

@KDA Drew: That sounds like fun! I like the new avatar.
@dragoness129: Oh nice! I had Chinese food XD
@Xanthan: BBQ 😍

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 06:37:35 )

@KDA Drew: I'm in love with it too. You are making me want to change my avatar, but I want it to be funny still... XD

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 06:40:11 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Park's closed because covid. Is temporary, they're gonna reopen soonish thi

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 06:43:30 )

@Kitalpha Hart: I see. Is there park near you? And are they still going to reopen it? Some places got their dates pushed back.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 06:49:26 )
My family went to their normal cookout with friends I... politely declined. They took my 87 year old grandmother with them which I am decidedly not happy about. Like, I can't stop her but if my mom/aunts had said something to her she wouldn't have gone. My family is in camp "everyone is over reacting" :[

I celebrated by finally updating my bujo. I just skipped May/June and restarted with July lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 06:53:50 )

@Lilykin: That sounds stressful. I'm glad that you are takin it seriously. I hope your gran will be ok too.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 07:05:59 )
@Totalanimefan: She's tough bird but this isn't like anything she would've lived through. When we were talking about it she compared it to polio and how she wasn't allowed to go out and mingle. I thought, finally, it's clicking! Nope! She was like, I survived that and I'll survive this too.

I'm like... you survived b/c people practiced social distancing until there was a vaccine for polio?? And it worked??? Why don't you see the connection?????

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 07:14:35 )

@Lilykin: UGH PEOPLE WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS!
That stuff makes me so angry, I don't know what I would do if my family was like that.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 07:36:18 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm at the end of my rope with mine. I had to block my mom from messaging me after we got into an argument over how she couldn't wear a mask cause it gave her headaches and affected her asthma. It doesn't, but she absolutely believes the crap she sees on fb

This sounds terrible but when the rest of my grandparents pass I'll probably go no/low contact with my parents and extended family. Especially if I decide to come out to them

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 07:44:45 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Totalanimefan: yes it's near me yes I work there they put out the email for the reorientation classes to begin again, this time online
Mine's on the seventh

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 07:48:40 )

@Lilykin: FB is poison. It's killing our country from the inside (and with the help of Russian bots). I just can't believe the amount of people who believe it. They are in a cult and don't even know it.
They sounds really rough. I'm sorry that your family are jerks.
@Kitalpha Hart: Oh I see. Also the 17th is my bday!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 08:00:26 )
@Totalanimefan: I haven't posted on mine in years. I honestly only keep it around for hard to contact rl people. I find it hilarious that the same generation that was like "don't believe everything you read on the internet" is the same generation that will take a fb post at face value lmao
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 08:09:25 )
❄🌈Today is a fresh start, do the next best thing and check in on your friends! 🌈❄

@Totalanimefan: I don't mind sharing. It freezes beautifully. Lol I'll send some to ya!
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 08:26:15 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Totalanimefan: seventh. Not seventeenth
Lol

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.